New Commit: Marcus Bartley

Westy03

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is interesting, the Russians have a number of different words for snow, many more than we have. Eskimos (Inuit) have even more ways to define snow, a lot more than the Russians do. It appears that cultures develop many defining words for those issues that confront and challenge them the most. In America, as dlarry stated, we have many words for stupidity. Well done Dlarry you have singled out one of the major concerns affecting our culture!

This is interesting, the Russians have a number of different words for snow, many more than we have. Eskimos (Inuit) have even more ways to define snow, a lot more than the Russians do. It appears that cultures develop many defining words for those issues that confront and challenge them the most. In America, as dlarry stated, we have many words for stupidity. Well done Dlarry you have singled out one of the major concerns affecting our culture!

Fu ck Russia!

2013-2014 Varsity Schedule Date Day Event H/A time Location 11/26/2013* Tue vs. DECATUR TURKEY TOURNEY A TBA Eisenhower 11/27/2013* Wed vs. DECATUR TURKEY TOURNEY A TBA Eisenhower 11/29/2013* Fri vs. DECATUR TURKEY TOURNEY A TBA Eisenhower 11/30/2013* Sat vs. DECATUR TURKEY TOURNEY A TBA Eisenhower 12/03/2013* Tue vs. Bloomington H 7:30 PM Macarthur 12/06/2013* Fri vs. Normal West H 7:30 PM Macarthur 12/07/2013* Sat vs. TBA A TBA University of Illinois 12/10/2013* Tue vs. Centennial A 7:30 PM Centennial 12/13/2013* Fri vs. Central A 7:30 PM Central 12/20/2013* Fri vs. Urbana A 7:30 PM Urbana 12/26/2013* Thu vs. COLLINSVILLE TOURNEY A TBA Collinsville 12/27/2013* Fri vs. COLLINSVILLE TOURNEY A TBA Collinsville 12/28/2013* Sat vs. COLLINSVILLE TOURNEY A TBA Collinsville 01/07/2014* Tue vs. Normal Community H 7:30 PM Macarthur 01/14/2014* Tue vs. Eisenhower H 7:30 PM Macarthur 01/21/2014* Tue vs. Danville A 7:30 PM Danville 01/24/2014* Fri vs. Bloomington A 7:30 PM Bloomington 01/28/2014* Tue vs. Centennial H 7:30 PM Macarthur 01/31/2014* Fri vs. Normal West A 7:30 PM Normal West 02/07/2014* Fri vs. Eisenhower A 7:30 PM Eisenhower 02/11/2014* Tue vs. Central H 7:30 PM Macarthur 02/14/2014* Fri vs. Danville H 7:30 PM Macarthur 02/18/2014* Tue vs. Normal Community A 7:30 PM Normal 02/21/2014* Fri vs. Urbana H 7:30 PM Macarthur 02/25/2014* Tue vs. Mt.Zion A 7:30 PM Mt. Zion

Doesn't look like any real close games, unfortunately. Was hoping for a matchup with a St. Louis area team. And anybody have confirmation yet: can he dunk?

I think Gillmann will also be playing in that Collinsville tourney; I remember seeing a Tweet somewhere about two SLU commits there...

Edit: It is Gillmann. Here's the website: http://websites.kahoks.org/Classic/

Has anybody run across video of Gillmann? I haven't seen any on youtube. I saw one for Roby and the one for Bartley was very impressive... don't know much about Gillmann though.

BTW, I think for evey highlight video that is posted, they should be required to also post a blooper video of that's player's worst plays. They could even include some zany carnival style music in the background for effect.

Sorry about that, the formatting didn't merge and didn't have time to edit it in class... But Collinsville sounds like it might be worth the trip!

And I haven't seen any video on Gillman, but I've seen him play in person multiple times, and I used to play CYC with him so does that count?

Sorry about that, the formatting didn't merge and didn't have time to edit it in class... But Collinsville sounds like it might be worth the trip!

And I haven't seen any video on Gillman, but I've seen him play in person multiple times, and I used to play CYC with him so does that count?

What do you think of his game?

What do you think of his game?

Super intelligent, 4.0 GPA I believe, so he's gonna have an easy transition into the academics. He's a great rebounder and pretty athletic, but he needs to put on about 30 pounds. (6'11" and somewhere between 185-200lbs) He's averaged between 2-3 blocks a game since his freshman year and if that's something he can bring with him he'll be a nice contradiction to the type of play we're used to with the Newzilliken. 13ppg, 9.4rpg, and 2.9bpg for his career. Nice well rounded statsheet.

Super intelligent, 4.0 GPA I believe, so he's gonna have an easy transition into the academics.

Sounds like Crews is getting some real studs in the classroom. As you say Gillmann is a great student and reports are that Bartley is also strong academically. I haven't heard anything specifically about Roby. In terms of the 2013 guys, reports are that Crawford is very smart, too.

Sounds like Crews is getting some real studs in the classroom. As you say Gillmann is a great student and reports are that Bartley is also strong academically. I haven't heard anything specifically about Roby. In terms of the 2013 guys, reports are that Crawford is very smart, too.

Crawford got a 5 on his AP Calculus test. I don't think he'll have any trouble at SLU.

Roby's the only one I'm not sure about, but it sounds like just about everyone coming in these days is a true student-athlete. Say what you will about the APR a few years ago, there is no denying this program has trended way upward in terms of what the guys bring to the classroom.

I liked the guys when I was there but the difference in academics is vast.

Crawford got a 5 on his AP Calculus test. I don't think he'll have any trouble at SLU.

Roby's the only one I'm not sure about, but it sounds like just about everyone coming in these days is a true student-athlete. Say what you will about the APR a few years ago, there is no denying this program has trended way upward in terms of what the guys bring to the classroom.

I liked the guys when I was there but the difference in academics is vast.

Do we get extra points in a game if Crawford gets an 'A' in history? Hell no. who the Fouck cares as long as the team stays eligible.

Team GPA 3.8 with a 1st round exist out of the NCAA sucks. Team GPA 2.5 with a win in the sweet 16 sounds better.

Do we get extra points in a game if Crawford gets an 'A' in history? Hell no. who the Fouck cares as long as the team stays eligible.

Team GPA 3.8 with a 1st round exist out of the NCAA sucks. Team GPA 2.5 with a win in the sweet 16 sounds better.

I reject your premise. We consistently had teams in the low-mid 2.0s that have not made the Tournament. The current team is much smarter - possibly getting even smarter - and if this season goes as well as expected, it will be the first time SLU will have made the Tournament three years in a row. We must be doing something right.