Recruiting - 2016

The grandson of Billiken great, Jimmy Irvine is now on the national radar, Curt Jones out of Richmond VA. 6 foot 3 point guard has offers from 10 D1 programs, including VCU, Maryland, and Virginia, could we get a kid like this? Google him, I do not know his ranking but this is a kid the program should be in on.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The grandson of Billiken great, Jimmy Irvine is now on the national radar, Curt Jones out of Richmond VA. 6 foot 3 point guard has offers from 10 D1 programs, including VCU, Maryland, and Virginia, could we get a kid like this? Google him, I do not know his ranking but this is a kid the program should be in on.

Man, I'd love to see a kid w/ Jimmy's DNA in Billiken blue. Jimmy was a stellar player in the 70s, and I think he's still a big Bills fan. That's a pretty impressive list he's assembling. And us old timers would wince on every basket he scored against us if he ends up at the Commonwealth of Shakaland.

• 2 weeks later...

Relevant: http://zagsblog.com/articles/jayson-tatum-to-visit-kansas-talks-possible-package-deal-with-giles-and-smith-jr/

These package deals rarely work out, but it's worth keeping an eye on. Giles (at least at this point in time) seems likely to stay closer to home at UNC or Duke.

The big one this year was Okafor and Tyus Jones.

I'm hoping North Carolina gets the death penalty for academic fraud (longshot) just to take them out of the running.

Relevant: http://zagsblog.com/articles/jayson-tatum-to-visit-kansas-talks-possible-package-deal-with-giles-and-smith-jr/

These package deals rarely work out, but it's worth keeping an eye on. Giles (at least at this point in time) seems likely to stay closer to home at UNC or Duke.

Many consider Wake Forest to be the front runner for Giles

The big one this year was Okafor and Tyus Jones.

I'm hoping North Carolina gets the death penalty for academic fraud (longshot) just to take them out of the running.

Yup. Justise Winslow was sort of the third wheel on that package deal, too (kind of like Junior Smith here) - though Winslow had even been talking about a separate package deal with Stanley Johnson (who ended up at Arizona) at one point. So, ya never know. Okafor/Jones was the rare combo that had been together for a while and were recruited (at least by Duke and a few other serious contenders) as a package deal. But most package deals end up as just wishful thinking - either the kids find better fits at different schools, or schools don't recruit them together, or some other factor pushes them apart.

For what it's worth (probably not much this early in the game), I'd say it's much more likely that Giles and Smith end up together than Giles and Tatum (or all three). Giles seems likely to stay in NC (at UNC or Duke, not Wake). Smith is harder to read, but Duke is definitely making a strong push for him. Tatum is being pulled in a few different directions, too, but I'd bet he stays closer to home (with the possible exception of Florida).

I asked this in the other thread about 2015 recruits, but what are the names of other potential recruits in the 2016 Class. My list right now is:

• Austin Conway
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Jordan Barnes
  • Kyle Guy
  • Tyler Cook

I asked this in the other thread about 2015 recruits, but what are the names of other potential recruits in the 2016 Class. My list right now is:

• Austin Conway
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Jordan Barnes
  • Kyle Guy
  • Tyler Cook

Nai Carlisle

Skylar Nash

Xavier Sneed (Hazelwood Central)

Will Gladson (Chaminade)