Recruiting - 2014

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow I'll be announcing where I'll be playing College Basketball next year!!! Excited!!! #LSU #SaintLouis #Columbia

Well at least we made his Top 3...

It's not Columbia, or he would have said "going to school" instead of "playing College Basketball".

For a smart kid, it really is a disparate final three.

I don't like how he announced he will be making his announcement. Glory hunting gen Y.

Sorry I was not clearer there; although Jettflight understood my point. You left off the most important part, about character. I'd add academics too; plus some moral restraint, to put it in a nuanced manner -- I meant to say:

I think some people might not care for the restrictions that can and should be placed onto recruits for SLU. And are being placed on recruits, by JC and staff. It does eliminate a lot of kids but I'm OK with that. I think some hard core fans do not like to hear about that and simply want the best basketball stud athlete available, period. Not me. I do not want anymore scandals like a few years ago. Neither do JC and staff, and they are looking for a certain kind of kid. That will never insure no more scandals, but it's a very good place to start.

JC. I like that ....

OK - after I read Jettflight I wondered if that was where you where going with it.

Has slu ever gotten a kid that set a time for an announcement?

Bonner - he had us and SIUC all on the hot seat. Herrin the coach at SIUC was at the announcement conference and he left in a huff. Grawer said he did not know who Bonner was going to pick so I guess it could have been us leaving in huff and not SIUC.

I'm feeling SLU here. The kid is obviously strong academically but wants to hoop. One would think that eliminates Columbia. SLU is closer to home and LSU is currently over committed on schollies. Blue tinted math but I say he's gonna be a Billiken.

@scott_chihoops 2014 G Miles Reynolds will announce college choice on Wednesday between #SLU, LSU, and Columbia around 7:00-7:30.

(To which someone asked "am or pm?" and I don't see a response. The morning option has passed, so I'm assuming that he means pm, in which case- keep Twitter open during the early innings of the Cards game tonight.)

Ben Weixlmann @BWeixScout 9h

2014 SLU commit Davell Roby with some words for Miles Reynolds. RT @DavellRoby_11: @MilesReyRey3 good luck tomorrow on the commitment. #SLU.

Miles Reynolds parents are both from Northwestern with the dad having an MBA.. I think education is a factor here, hence that is why Columbia WAS in the picture.

Bet on the Billikens and bet on Crews. Remember him, he's the guy a lot of people wanted to run out of town a year ago and then became the National Coach of the Year. BTW, Calbert Chaney has played a big role with this recruit.

On another front, wait until you see the total TV package put together by Chris May--the guy that get's bad mouthed unnecessarily so often on this message board.

He will pick what he will pick and for whatever reason it is that he picks it. If it is SLU it will be great, he appears to have great promise and is a good guy. If he does not pick SLU that is his choice and he will live will it, so will we.

Thanks. Another great piece of knowledge from billikens.com resident Cracker Jack philosopher.

On another front, wait until you see the total TV package put together by Chris May--the guy that get's bad mouthed unnecessarily so often on this message board.

Yeah is it going to be better than the Big East TV package? Doubtful.

@scott_chihoops 2014 G Miles Reynolds will announce college choice on Wednesday between #SLU, LSU, and Columbia around 7:00-7:30.

(To which someone asked "am or pm?" and I don't see a response. The morning option has passed, so I'm assuming that he means pm, in which case- keep Twitter open during the early innings of the Cards game tonight.)

Ben Weixlmann ‏@BWeixScout 9h

2014 SLU commit Davell Roby with some words for Miles Reynolds. RT @DavellRoby_11: @MilesReyRey3 good luck tomorrow on the commitment. #SLU.

that was me. you know its bad when Ben W stands you up.....

Thanks. Another great piece of knowledge from billikens.com resident Cracker Jack philosopher.

Ok billiken fan so I take it you prefer to bite your nails, and read all of the emotionally charged "we are screwed" or "we are going to get him" posts. And then when he does choose (it may not be today regardless or the announcement), if he chooses SLU, feel great contentment. Or, if the opposite happens, immediately turn on the kid and pronounce him as damaged goods some way or the other. That is what appears to have been the pattern in similar occasions. Please note that I am not accusing you to turning on any kids either. The truth is that is does not matter really, if it is not Miles Reynolds that commits it will be someone else. The Bills will still be a great team, coached by a great coach, and will be up in the upper ranks of the Div 1 teams. This is not philosophy, it is faith on the Bills.

Ok billiken fan so I take it you prefer to bite your nails, and read all of the emotionally charged "we are screwed" or "we are going to get him" posts. And then when he does choose (it may not be today regardless or the announcement), if he chooses SLU, feel great contentment. Or, if the opposite happens, immediately turn on the kid and pronounce him as damaged goods some way or the other. That is what appears to have been the pattern in similar occasions. The truth is that is does not matter really, if it is not Miles Reynolds that commits it will be someone else. The Bills will still be a great team, coached by a great coach, and will be up in the upper ranks of the Div 1 teams.

I'm pretty sure he agrees with you....just an unnecessary post in the first place

Has slu ever gotten a kid that set a time for an announcement?

I'm trying to think of one. I'm certain that if hats are involved with the announcement, we are screwed. Some of the recent ones just seem to happen quickly, with little build up - Roby and Agbeko come to mind. They fell in love during their visit and committed soon after. With Lancona he had visits lined up with Colorado State and K-State, but never got to the stage of scheduling an announcement or did he? He cancelled the K-State visit and made the announcement for us soon after. Evans, McCall, Jett... I don't remember any announcement with those. Grandy took a visit after decomitting to UNLV and then made the announcement. The Crawford commitment seemed to come out of the blue. It has probably happened, but I can't think of any examples.

Ok billiken fan so I take it you prefer to bite your nails, and read all of the emotionally charged "we are screwed" or "we are going to get him" posts. And then when he does choose (it may not be today regardless or the announcement), if he chooses SLU, feel great contentment. Or, if the opposite happens, immediately turn on the kid and pronounce him as damaged goods some way or the other. That is what appears to have been the pattern in similar occasions. Please note that I am not accusing you to turning on any kids either. The truth is that is does not matter really, if it is not Miles Reynolds that commits it will be someone else. The Bills will still be a great team, coached by a great coach, and will be up in the upper ranks of the Div 1 teams. This is not philosophy, it is faith on the Bills.

It's really simple... if he commits, we cue Pitbull and continue the party. If he goes elsewhere, he is a tool.

I'm trying to think of one. I'm certain that if hats are involved with the announcement, we are screwed. Some of the recent ones just seem to happen quickly, with little build up - Roby and Agbeko come to mind. They fell in love during their visit and committed soon after. With Lancona he had visits lined up with Colorado State and K-State, but never got to the stage of scheduling an announcement or did he? He cancelled the K-State visit and made the announcement for us soon after. Evans, McCall, Jett... I don't remember any announcement with those. Grandy took a visit after decomitting to UNLV and then made the announcement. The Crawford commitment seemed to come out of the blue. It has probably happened, but I can't think of any examples.

Larry Legend?

You raise an interesting point. The less we hear about guys the more it seems they will commit.

Shut this thread down. Pistol, you're fired. And I've already fired myself.

Ben Weixlmann ‏@BWeixScout 9h

He's 17, so did anyone really think it'd be AM?

Jolly sounds by the description given by his coach as somewhat similar to Loe.

Another factor in the decision to be taken by Reynold's between LSU and SLU is distance from home. SLU is a doable car trip away from Chicago, LSU requires a flight. If he wants his family to watch him play from time to time, SLU is the better choice for him.

I see him like Loe offensively, but maybe more advanced defensively. I've always liked Loe but as a frosh he had a little less than zero ability to guard a 5 in the paint. If he has Loe's ability offensively coming in plus is a better defender down low, I'm very excited with his commit

I know more than an mbm and less than an insider!

How much did you donate last year?

Is there a number below $25,001 that will allow you to be above a mbm? or is everyone below the insider threshold a mbm and you're really nothing more than an mbm with an ego?

Is there such a thing as a tweener?