Drew is Transferring

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are recruiting with that scholarship coming off two straight NCAA appearances and a good chance of being a Big East program soon. When Drew signed we were just another mediocre A10 program. I'm good with this move. Always be upgrading the talent level.

The APR system is a joke.

Remy Abell is no different than any other recruit at this level. He wants to play in the league. That's what he wants and I didn't take any classes to figure that out.

Shouldn't we merge this into the recruiting thread now that there is talk of recruits?

Dlarry, what generally passes as common sense is really just fast thinking, an instantaneous internal or subconscious connection that makes sense to whoever is coming up with it. When your subconscious connects there is nothing common about it. Everybody's subconscious are different. What you refer to as common sense 101 is really a very complex series of connected issues dealing with perception, stored feelings and distortions and conscious responses, we all have them. They are unique to every single one of us. If you are interested in this type of training, I will recommend you start by going back to school to beef up your educational credits, take the MCATs, apply to med school and after any number of years wind up in psychiatry with specialization in psychotherapy. This could take you maybe 8 or 10 years to do. You can also get an advanced degree in psychology but in this case you will be more into psychometrics and less into subconscious issues. I said it could be learned with enough training, not that the training was easy or readily attainable. And talking about Remy, this man is, like all others, a complex mixture of capabilities, feelings, and needs. It is my impression that he is a religious person and that religion has to be part of the mix of conditions that he is looking for.

I stand by what I said about Remy, he will come to SLU only if he perceives we offer what he is looking for, not just minutes of play.

Remy will come here if we offer what he is looking for, that's pretty bold. I'll go one better. Remy may or may not come to SLU.

This better not ###### up team chemistry

This is my main concern. This type of thing happens all of the time, but we have no idea how the team will take it. Drew appears to not be taking it very well which is for not good from a Billiken perspective.

This is a bad situation. Bad pub for the school and coaching staff. Rob a player a year of eligibility. And as others have said, this might have an adverse effect on team chemistry. Those on social media know Glaze, McBroom and Drew seemed close.

You would have thought the staff would have let JD know earlier.

This is a bad situation. Bad pub for the school and coaching staff. Rob a player a year of eligibility. And as others have said, this might have an adverse effect on team chemistry. Those on social media know Glaze, McBroom and Drew seemed close.

Like For-Da-Love said earlier, that could have opened the program up for APR trouble.

With our 5 senior leaders I'm not quite as concerned about chemistry.

I'm very concerned about team chemistry because this team has had no situation like this at all over the last 5 years. Oh wait it happened almost every single year.

Dlarry, what generally passes as common sense is really just fast thinking, an instantaneous internal or subconscious connection that makes sense to whoever is coming up with it. When your subconscious connects there is nothing common about it. Everybody's subconscious are different. What you refer to as common sense 101 is really a very complex series of connected issues dealing with perception, stored feelings and distortions and conscious responses, we all have them. They are unique to every single one of us. If you are interested in this type of training, I will recommend you start by going back to school to beef up your educational credits, take the MCATs, apply to med school and after any number of years wind up in psychiatry with specialization in psychotherapy. This could take you maybe 8 or 10 years to do. You can also get an advanced degree in psychology but in this case you will be more into psychometrics and less into subconscious issues. I said it could be learned with enough training, not that the training was easy or readily attainable. And talking about Remy, this man is, like all others, a complex mixture of capabilities, feelings, and needs. It is my impression that he is a religious person and that religion has to be part of the mix of conditions that he is looking for.

I bet you are a load of fun at parties.

Sure the seniors have nothing to worry about. What does this say to the incoming recruits or future ones?

Seriously? It tells them that SLU is like every other school with a sports program. Nothing stopping him from staying at SLU and finishing off his degree.

For all we know Drew did all this

Very true and I actually believe he did but we dont know. The incoming freshman dont know either, this tells them they need to work their asses off if they want to be here. Im not saying if its right or wrong but IMO its just as likely to have a positive impact as a negative.

Even if he didn't. A warning would be nice so a kid doesn't lose a year or a least can declare to transfer earlier in the spring signing period. Blindsided.

Serious question, if Drew could have decided to transfer in April would that have changed anything for his eligibility? Would be be able to play a semester sooner elsewhere? If not, I don't see that he has lost a whole lot in terms of transferring. Slots are opening up at many schools because of other transfers and he already has a long list of suitors.

For all we know Drew did all this

For all we know, he didn't.

If it came down to an APR thing, then the school did a service to him (and obviously themselves) ...Lets be serious, basketball isn't gonna be your career... Focus on your studies and don't blow what your future will depend on because you're focusing too much on basketball.

I'd assume the coaches have seen what he offers the team and it wasn't enough to save him his spot. They've done really impressive work so far, I trust their judgement.

These types of woes come at this level.