more on Stivrins

DoctorB

So is the point of this race discussion intended to let him know that some on the board are racist? Because if it is you have accomplished it. What difference does it make.

Nah, no one's being racist here. It just took 10 posts to figure out if the kid was white or not, kind of along the lines of "Does Rockhurst count?" and "Is our RPI still 122?"

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, no one's being racist here. It just took 10 posts to figure out if the kid was white or not, kind of along the lines of "Does Rockhurst count?" and "Is our RPI still 122?"

I thought our RPI was in the 20s?!?! Great, now we won't make the tournament.

One more time. Let's define:

Racism is usually defined as views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that humanity is divided into distinct biological groups called races and that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group as a whole less desirable, more desirable, inferior or superior.

I hardly believe asking about a skin color is racist or racism.

Racism is usually defined as views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that humanity is divided into distinct biological groups called races and that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group as a whole less desirable, more desirable, inferior or superior.

yeah, says the white guy....

It makes a big difference what his race is.

If he is white, he is heady, a real-overachiever, a student of the game. He can shoot free-throws, but is limited athletically. He does the "litltle things" well and gets the most out of his ability. He is always hussling. He is like a coach on the floor.

If he is black, he is athletic, explosive, quick to the basket, but needs to work a bit more on the fundamentals. Not a great free throw shooter or jump shooter, but excellent at driving the ball. Great leaper. He has a high ceiling and has not reached his full potential yet, but with the proper coaching, he can get there.

I thought the white/black thing was referring to the fact that the JUCO big who was at the LaSalle game and was being discussed in the other thread is black whereas Stivrins is clearly white.

To take a page out of slufan13's book "As a subscriber to billikenreport.com, I can confirm [both of these]"

So is the point of this race discussion intended to let him know that some on the board are racist? Because if it is you have accomplished it. What difference does it make.

your butt pumps buttermilk.

i google searched "butt pumps buttermilk" because i wasn't sure where i heard it from. i'm the only one that uses it apparently.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22butt+pumps+buttermilk%22&aq=f&oq=%22butt+pumps+buttermilk%22&aqs=chrome.0.57j62.6082&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

As a subscriber to billikenreport.com, I can confirm this

well i hope that doesnt get your membership revoked.

Wow, the Stivrins name brought back some memories. I grew up in NE following Creighton basketball. I remembered the Stivrins name & had to do some checking. He was a Creighton his first 2 years and then transferred to Colorado where his former basketball coach from Creighton, the one that recruited him had gone--Tom Apke.

ACE said:

"It makes a big difference what his race is.

If he is white, he is heady, a real-overachiever, a student of the game. He can shoot free-throws, but is limited athletically. He does the "litltle things" well and gets the most out of his ability. He is always hussling. He is like a coach on the floor.

If he is black, he is athletic, explosive, quick to the basket, but needs to work a bit more on the fundamentals. Not a great free throw shooter or jump shooter, but excellent at driving the ball. Great leaper. He has a high ceiling and has not reached his full potential yet, but with the proper coaching, he can get there."

I can't put into words why this is a great post....it just is. The context is perfect, I know that. I'm sure you've got some scratching their heads, but I am totally "getting it". Nice.