Recruiting - 2013

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. I'd say that at this point, the cupboard is basically bare when it comes to high school seniors. The only chance we get someone who is eligible to play next year is if it is an international player we haven't heard about or a transfer who's already graduated college but has a year of eligibility left to go to graduate school. Most likely, that scholly is going to a late transfer whose eligible in 2014 or carried over to next year's class.

Time for International player- Transfer watch

Per Twitter, Patrick Ingram (Iowa transfer) is deciding between Ohio and Loyola (IL). I wonder how involved Porter Moser was in the initial recruiting of Ingram when Porter was still at SLU. Porter left SLU for Loyola in the spring of 2011 and Ingram chose Iowa over SLU in fall 2011.

Per Twitter, Patrick Ingram (Iowa transfer) is deciding between Ohio and Loyola (IL). I wonder how involved Porter Moser was in the initial recruiting of Ingram when Porter was still at SLU. Porter left SLU for Loyola in the spring of 2011 and Ingram chose Iowa over SLU in fall 2011.

Porter was the main recruiter for Ingram when he was at SLU.

Plenty of D-I transfers left out there, and there might be more on the way, depending on summer coursework. International transfers are the other possibility. The only issue with those is red tape, as we saw with Ellis (whose pass-fail HS English class was deemed unsuitable credit by the NCAA and forced him to sit his first semester). So a lot can happen in the next few months and it might be well in to the summer before we know what happens with scholarship #13.

Safe to assume at this point our guard rotation will be MM, JJ, JM, JB, and MC. That doesn't strike me as a bad thing. Any HS Sr or ex-pat would have to be pretty good to crack that group. I don't see this staff bringing in someone just to fill the scholie count. I'd prefer it be used on a transfer guard since that would in effect replace the lost class of Carter and Drew. Are there any SLU worthy guards left in the transfer pool? If this is it for '13, I'm giving JC and staff an A-. A runner up in Mr. Indiana BB, a transfer who was NY's Gatorade player of the year, a prep school big who appears very talented, a big from a BCS school who looks a lot like CE. Pretty good. Thanks, Pistol, for the updates.

For me the Ash signing makes it ok to wait. IF we could get a transfer pg we really want, go for it. However, don't reach

Next year is obviously ok as we have McBroom in KM's place plus we add Crawford.

The following year we should have AM, Ash, and MC all with experience. And ... if they are all as good as we hope any frosh would be able to come off the bench. Gives you playing time to tell recruits is available plus the security of having 3 experienced players to start if needed.

Safe to assume at this point our guard rotation will be MM, JJ, JM, JB, and MC. That doesn't strike me as a bad thing. Any HS Sr or ex-pat would have to be pretty good to crack that group. I don't see this staff bringing in someone just to fill the scholie count. I'd prefer it be used on a transfer guard since that would in effect replace the lost class of Carter and Drew. Are there any SLU worthy guards left in the transfer pool? If this is it for '13, I'm giving JC and staff an A-. A runner up in Mr. Indiana BB, a transfer who was NY's Gatorade player of the year, a prep school big who appears very talented, a big from a BCS school who looks a lot like CE. Pretty good. Thanks, Pistol, for the updates.

Here is the problem with using initials-you have to use the correct initials----"AM not JM" plays guard (unless Roy has convinced you that JM is working on his guard skills).

Here is the problem with using initials-you have to use the correct initials----"AM not JM" plays guard (unless Roy has convinced you that JM is working on his guard skills).

good post bauman slu72 you need to leave the dark side of initials and come over to the spell it out side.

Ok, I blew McBroom's initials. Mea Culpa. But, we've had this system in place for as far back as I can remember. It only recently became an issue because some of our rookie MBM's didn't know our roster. Sorry, I'm sticking w/initials.

randy O on TTU "I felt like coach Tubby Smith wanted me as family," Onwuasor said. "I’ve never had a coach at four in the morning take me to the airport as I was leaving. At most places, you don’t have a head coach do that, but he took it upon himself and I feel like that was something that showed he wanted me there."

randy O on TTU "I felt like coach Tubby Smith wanted me as family," Onwuasor said. "I’ve never had a coach at four in the morning take me to the airport as I was leaving. At most places, you don’t have a head coach do that, but he took it upon himself and I feel like that was something that showed he wanted me there."

Considering we stopped recruiting him a while back I'm not surprised he didn't "feel the love" from us.

Hope he enjoys his time a TTU-let's see if he still feels the love sitting around on the bench.

no he will play, they suck. he would be riding the bench for a bit here.

It just seems like bad form to p!ss all over an 18 year old kid after the decision has been made. In all likelihood, it was a mutual parting of ways between SLU and Randy O and they both moved on a while ago. Yet, we have grown men who go to a message board and denigrate him for no real reason, other than him not coming to SLU after having been on the radar earlier.

I guess It just kind of grates on me to see the number of derogatory comments posted about him in the past few weeks. Perhaps it's just sour grapes, perhaps some feel he thought too highly of himself, perhaps others felt he used SLU to get other offers, but why the need to crap all over him after the fact? In the end, he's just another young man trying to figure out the next best step to take after high school, no different than countless others at this time of year. Its a confusing and hectic time; even more so for someone who is able to play D-1 basketball. These aren't easy and light decisions to make.

Sorry for the preachy nature of this post, but its just something that has been bugging me for a bit.

It just seems like bad form to p!ss all over an 18 year old kid after the decision has been made. In all likelihood, it was a mutual parting of ways between SLU and Randy O and they both moved on a while ago. Yet, we have grown men who go to a message board and denigrate him for no real reason, other than him not coming to SLU after having been on the radar earlier.

I guess It just kind of grates on me to see the number of derogatory comments posted about him in the past few weeks. Perhaps it's just sour grapes, perhaps some feel he thought too highly of himself, perhaps others felt he used SLU to get other offers, but why the need to crap all over him after the fact? In the end, he's just another young man trying to figure out the next best step to take after high school, no different than countless others at this time of year. Its a confusing and hectic time; even more so for someone who is able to play D-1 basketball. These aren't easy and light decisions to make.

Sorry for the preachy nature of this post, but its just something that has been bugging me for a bit.

+1

randy O "I felt like coach Tubby Smith wanted me as family," Onwuasor said. "I’ve never had a coach at four in the morning take me to the airport as I was leaving. At most places, you don’t have a head coach do that, but he took it upon himself and I feel like that was something that showed he wanted me there."

*** we forgot... wasn't one of us MBM's supposed to pick him up at the airport!?