Recruiting - 2013

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to rain on your speculations and fears about Remy's decision, after all this man is not your ordinary basketball player. This is what he has to say about his decision:

D232e6ecfbb16901a55c860125bb1846_normal

Remy Abell

Anticipating my next best thing in life. I know God has a plan and a purpose for me I just have to trust him. #Faith

This man may have spent a goodly portion of the day praying and asking God for guidance, and now that he has received an answer, he will follow God's suggestion. This man has religion, people, live with it. This is all. Tomorrow he will announce what the divine plan for him is. He was born a thousand years too late; he would have made a wonderful Knight Templar.

We will hear if we are part of the divine plan tomorrow. Let us pray tonight.

The last time someone took God's advice to pick a team, Albert Pujols followed the money to La La Land. I'm not optimistic about this one either.

Never mistake the motives of Albert Pujols with those of a true believer. La La land and millions of dollars are not what makes Remy tick. The real truth of the matter is that we ourselves do not have the faintest idea what his decision will be based upon. Divine revelation is not for the vast majority of us. I agree there are not many people who are true believers, but for a very small number of people this is what matters. This does not mean he will not choose to come to SLU, it just means that we will not have a clue why.

Never mistake the motives of Albert Pujols with those of a true believer. La La land and millions of dollars are not what makes Remy tick. The real truth of the matter is that we ourselves do not have the faintest idea what his decision will be based upon. Divine revelation is not for the vast majority of us. I agree there are not many people who are true believers, but for a very small number of people this is what matters. This does not mean he will not choose to come to SLU, it just means that we will not have a clue why.

Sad commentary.

bad news

The G2 @G2_Blog 58m

SOURCE: Former IU player Remy Abell will publicly announce tomorrow that he will transfer to Xavier.

don't know how credible this is though

This guy is the only source saying this at this point. Is he right? Maybe. I'd say Xavier is the favorite of the remaining candidates. But don't take it as gospel.

Ill know why he chooses the school he does, it will be because God told him where to go.

On a side note, you know who else tweets a lot about faith and God? Ray Lewis.

I hate to rain on your speculations and fears about Remy's decision, after all this man is not your ordinary basketball player. This is what he has to say about his decision:

D232e6ecfbb16901a55c860125bb1846_normal

Remy Abell

Anticipating my next best thing in life. I know God has a plan and a purpose for me I just have to trust him. #Faith

This man may have spent a goodly portion of the day praying and asking God for guidance, and now that he has received an answer, he will follow God's suggestion. This man has religion, people, live with it. This is all. Tomorrow he will announce what the divine plan for him is. He was born a thousand years too late; he would have made a wonderful Knight Templar.

We will hear if we are part of the divine plan tomorrow. Let us pray tonight.

After reading this, I think I might need to quit the internets and Twitterz for a while.

How can we know that's true. It's just some guy on twitter... And he isn't from ST LOUIS!? Bogus report. I'm going to need to see Jim Crews and Alex Fitch on camera in the same room holding up their ids while their mothers and fathers point at them both and say "that's my boy" while Mrs Crews and Alex's girlfriend are both holding signs that say "Jim Crews" and "Alex Fitch." Then I'll believe this non- St Louis based news.

I'm considering. I've defended the poster in the past, but that has worn off. Still, I don't want to overstep my boundaries. Let's see what the boss thinks.

Boss defers (I have only been half following).

Metz treatment to start?

ok let's wait til it's official besides who knows if crews actually called him it could have been some joke or prank

I think JMM28 is pulling your leg a little bit based on the posts made on this thread doubting the one blogger's tweet on Abell (as well as other tweets discussed in the past). Marth is the sports director at WGEM in Quincy, so pretty sure he got confirmation before tweeting this out.

Boss defers (I have only been half following).

Metz treatment to start?

hahahahaha, i love it. the fosbury flop. metzian moderation.

that being said, steve, you ever moderate me, i'll DDoS this motherfuoker to the ground. :)

I think JMM28 is pulling your leg a little bit based on the posts made on this thread doubting the one blogger's tweet on Abell (as well as other tweets discussed in the past). Marth is the sports director at WGEM in Quincy, so pretty sure he got confirmation before tweeting this out.

I also just wrote this about fitch to get our minds off abell. And there is a video on wgem's website with fitch talking about himself walking on.

Look on the bright side this walk-on Guard Alex Fitch we got I see potentially getting a scholarship if he plays good enough(and gets minutes) here is a tweet on what happened:

Ben Marth @Ben_WGEM 6h

Also at 6 on @WGEM - we visit with @alexfitch33 and his decision to walk-on at #SLU following a phone call from Bills head coach Jim Crews.

Hey, all right! I took him off the list a while ago when it was clear he wasn't going to affect the scholarship count. He'll be a nice practice player, and I'll be rooting for him to score whenever we run it up on teams.

Hey, all right! I took him off the list a while ago when it was clear he wasn't going to affect the scholarship count. He'll be a nice practice player, and I'll be rooting for him to score whenever we run it up on teams.

He orginally didn't want to go play basketball but i think he didn't know if he was gonna get offered.

About 10 years ago I watched a nice Saturday morning program where Bobby Knight was choosing among potential walk ons to see who would actually get to be part of his Indiana system. Two guys about 6-5 or 6-6 were followed one made it one did not. The important thing was he was so inspirational he had more walk ons than he could use. Maybe Crews can get us to that level

So let me get this straight finally there's a recruit that Soderbergh would've slam dunked the signing of?