Recruiting - 2013

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still the same God Pistol.

Good point. And, who knows, maybe these early Xavier rumors are wrong. Maybe Xenu will pull through in the end. I didn't invest $350,000 to become a level 4 Operating Thetan for nothing.

Did God give him bad advice when he picked Bradley and when he picked IU?

Old guy didn't tell him about his divine plan back then nor about him being a reincarnated Knight Templar. Now that he has been informed of this, he is getting the good stuff from above.

This can't really be all that surprising. They recruited him out of high school, X is closer to his house and we are basically the same school but they are going to be in the Big East. I would think most recruiting battles between us and them would go this way

I understand the Big East thing, but let's not have the defeatist attitude. Some people thought it was ok that we lost Djambo to freakin' Clemson because they are a BCS school. Fuock that! What was cool is that we then went out and got Lancona who had offers from K-State AND Clemson. So we can get kids that are being recruited by BCS schools. Xavier has been able to beat out some BCS schools for recruits for years.

We are now SLU 2.0. We're not going to win all of these recruiting battles and it is certainly encouraging that we are in the mix for some players who have attracted quality offers, but we should have higher expectations and expect to win some of these. We still have to win a couple more battles. Maybe Ben is reading it wrong or God will tell Remy later today to do the right thing and pick SLU. I mean, who would want to play for that goofball Mack. Anyway, if we lose this one, the next battleground could be Yacoubou or Jesperson. This is turning into a LONG spring period, but most was is most important is that it ends well.

Wrong again guys, long long ago I went to college at Dayton, then did med school at Georgetown and post grad at Harvard. Still, I live in St. Louis and over the years have been going to the Billiken's games which I really really like and enjoy. Oh, and my significant other did go, also long long ago, to SLU undergrad and two masters all at SLU. She is the one that got me hooked on the Bills. I think my credentials as someone who really appreciate and roots for the Bills are firm.

Xavier has nothing, they are going to be a really small frog in that big pond of the Big East. NCAA for Xavier, no way.

I understand the Big East thing, but let's not have the defeatist attitude. Some people thought it was ok that we lost Djambo to freakin' Clemson because they are a BCS school. Fuock that! What was cool is that we then went out and got Lancona who had offers from K-State AND Clemson. So we can get kids that are being recruited by BCS schools. Xavier has been able to beat out some BCS schools for recruits for years.

We are now SLU 2.0. We're not going to win all of these recruiting battles and it is certainly encouraging that we are in the mix for some players who have attracted quality offers, but we should have higher expectations and expect to win some of these. We still have to win a couple more battles. Maybe Ben is reading it wrong or God will tell Remy later today to do the right thing and pick SLU. I mean, who would want to play for that goofball Mack. Anyway, if we lose this one, the next battleground could be Yacoubou or Jesperson. This is turning into a LONG spring period, but most was is most important is that it ends well.

That's about all that needs to be said. Lose a battle, win another one. Not happy losing to Xavier, but stuff happens.

Wrong again guys, long long ago I went to college at Dayton, then did med school at Georgetown and post grad at Harvard. Still, I live in St. Louis and over the years have been going to the Billiken's games which I really really like and enjoy. Oh, and my significant other did go, also long long ago, to SLU undergrad and two masters all at SLU. She is the one that got me hooked on the Bills. I think my credentials as someone who really appreciate and roots for the Bills are firm.

Xavier has nothing, they are going to be a really small frog in that big pond of the Big East. NCAA for Xavier, no way.

Quite the pedigree. Welcome to the board, sir.

I still think we have a decent shot at Jesperson and even better shot at Yacoubou. I'm a little concerned what we do if Onwuasor chooses Miami (or another school). Both Saintil and Strawberry seem like they've moved on; I'm sure it became clear that they weren't the top priorities at PG and it's hard to then choose a program that views you as a second or third choice. I'm not sure it makes sense to sign two transfer shooting guards (if that's even possible) when PG is a bigger need in the long term.

I still think we have a decent shot at Jesperson and even better shot at Yacoubou. I'm a little concerned what we do if Onwuasor chooses Miami (or another school). Both Saintil and Strawberry seem like they've moved on; I'm sure it became clear that they weren't the top priorities at PG and it's hard to then choose a program that views you as a second or third choice. I'm not sure it makes sense to sign two transfer shooting guards (if that's even possible) when PG is a bigger need in the long term.

At this point I think you get the best player you can get. We've got a ton of players graduating next year and If we can't get a point guard in this class, so be it.....

saintil and strawberry are more than likely going prep school route. Randy O has tweeted anything that's useful the last 3 days and no one else has news about him for 8 days. Jesperson and Yacoubou look like they are the best 2 for Bills right now.

A new name I had not heard of - Rashad Lindsey, a point guard from McCluer North, averaged 21 ppg last year. Class of 2014. Apparently he is "leaning" toward SLU. The report came from Andy Stickland, so keep that in mind. I don't know anything about this kid. Where is vtime when you need him?

I think part of the "problem" with recruiting guards for this season is that no one Crews brings in has any chance of playing right away. That's why I think transfers are probably the better idea at this point.

Saintil or Strawberry would get very little playing time on next year's team, and usually low playing time is the reason guys transfer.

Anyone know anything about this Joe Coleman (SG) who just announced he's transferring from Minnesota?

I know hes a real cool kid.. my buddy plays on Minnesota and he said hes a great guy. other then that i dont know anything