Recruiting - 2013

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"All I said was equating the rabid St. Louis support for the Cardinals is not an equal measure to be used as an overall consistent demonstration of unequivocal support across sports in this town."

If ever a sentence could be described as 'Taj-esque', this would be the one.

Ha! Westy's right on the mark.

Busch Stadium capacity: 43,975

Record attendance: 47,399 (Game 7 2011 World Series)

This is a proper post on a thread about recruiting.

It has facts, and exclamation point, and references another poster and a record.

This is a proper post on a thread about recruiting.

It has facts, and exclamation point, and references another poster and a record.

I believe it can also be regarded as a shot at Taj. In fact, the post previous to this was also a shot at Taj, so I'm definitely well within the guidelines of this thread.

Regardless of the sarcasm involved your post has to be classified as on topic and we are over the limit of 13 on topic posts in this thread. Please repost something regarding a cheerleader, a train, The Cardinals, or you can take a shot at Taj or Clock. Please follow the rules in your future posts or I will be forced to recommend you be suspended for 30 days.

Sorry. I really should have known better and should have started a new thread instead of using the existing thread titled "Recruiting"

I can't find any new information today on Saintil, Strawberry, Onwuasor, Jesperson, Yacoubou, or Abell. And we need it.

I've set up a last man standing event in Salina, KS to see who gets the last scholarship. Those in the know are putting their money on Yacoubou. I'm sure the Wiz will just copy the Vegas odds for this event.

Taj, I think its fair to say you missed Bizzle and my points. If you follow the thread, the two or so pages prior to your post were about whether taking a recruit to a baseball game made sense. Some good points were made that it was better than doing a campus tour, it shows that St. Louis cares about sports, etc.

Then you go on your rant that it is "utterly ridiculous" to use a Cardinals game to portray St. Louis as a "rabid sports town."

The point isn't whether the attendance and support for the Cardinals has a one for one correlation with other sports teams but rather the point was whether taking a recruit to a Cards game would shed the city and the school in a good light. If your posts would stay on topic maybe they wouldn't be met with such cynicism from Ace, Bizzle and myself.

Boston, Cleveland, and probably Detroit....maybe Dallas.

Cleveland??????? They have a first place baseball team that is in the bottom three in attendance. To be a top five sports city you at least have to have fair weather fans that show up when times are good. At least the Rams sell out when they are doing well.

Detroit - also doesn't sell out their football and baseball stadiums when they are doing well.

Dallas - Rangers, Mavericks and Stars don't light up the attendance numbers.

Boston - agreed, should be in top five.

An inane argument about whether young black males like baseball has now become an equally inane argument about the top five sports cities in the country. Nice to see a thread about SLU recruits devolve into AM sports radio.

The path to 200 pages. Can we discuss the best outdoor motion sensing lights? I need one.

Sure, why not?

I had to figure out where to get a 75-year-old skeleton key copied today. I'm willing to discuss that for the next few pages.

An inane argument about whether young black males like baseball has now become an equally inane argument about the top five sports cities in the country. Nice to see a thread about SLU recruits devolve into AM sports radio.

So, if I am reading you correctly... you would like to see a debate about whether or not we should go to the Valley?

So anything on any recruiting targets today?

I mean, I'm crushed we didn't get Wiggins. I heard the ultimatum was that he had to decide if he's coming to SLU ran out yesterday.

Heard they took Wiggins to a cardinal game and he was appalled that they would try to correlate cardinal attendance with SLU attendance. Also as a young black man he hates baseball

So, if I am reading you correctly... you would like to see a debate about whether or not we should go to the Valley?

At least it would be SLU basketball-related.

Wiggins chose KU over us. I heard we were close.

The only tidbit I can find on any of the SLU names is a tweet by Saintil ("nah not yet") in response to a question about whether he's made a decsion.

Anyone have any word on how Abell's visit went (or is going, if he's still there)? He saw a good Cards game last night, even if he's too young and black to appreciate it.

Heard they took Wiggins to a cardinal game and he was appalled that they would try to correlate cardinal attendance with SLU attendance. Also as a young black man he hates baseball

Ha! You beat me by seconds. Dayum.

Cleveland??????? They have a first place baseball team that is in the bottom three in attendance. To be a top five sports city you at least have to have fair weather fans that show up when times are good. At least the Rams sell out when they are doing well. They love their Browns, even though they suck, sold out Jacobs Field for 455 straight games during the late 90s, and sold out every game during the Lebron era. Seems to fit your criteria of supporting your team when they are good.

Detroit - also doesn't sell out their football and baseball stadiums when they are doing well. They had 98% attendance in 2011 (last year available) for the Lions and obviously are fanatics for their hockey team.

Dallas - Rangers, Mavericks and Stars don't light up the attendance numbers. No, but their support of the Cowboys is something to behold.

Boston - agreed, should be in top five.

No city fully supports every team (except maybe Boston), but each of the ones I listed are fanatics about at least one team in their town (like us) and have also shown the ability to support others during the good years (also like us).

At least it would be SLU basketball-related.

Wiggins chose KU over us. I heard we were close.

The only tidbit I can find on any of the SLU names is a tweet by Saintil ("nah not yet") in response to a question about whether he's made a decsion.

Anyone have any word on how Abell's visit went (or is going, if he's still there)? He saw a good Cards game last night, even if he's too young and black to appreciate it.

Typically when we don't get a recruit we say we were 2nd. That is what I'm going with with Wiggins.