Recruiting - 2013

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not surprised that you're confused. apparently the kid is a shapeshifter. listed anywhere from 6'1" 165 lbs to 6'3" 210 lbs. by that token i'm 6'2" 175 lbs to 6'8" 240 lbs.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/a-j-riley

the guy doing that interview cracks my sh!t up

I want the two most talented players. If they are both point guards, so be it. If they are both bigs, so be it. We shouldn't be recruiting this class based on need because we will be losing good players at every position after this year. We need to maintain a high level of talent.

With that said, I think the Nova transfer and Djambo are the two best gets. After that it would appear to be Saintil, Knight, Onwuassor and then Strawberry.

The 2013 class could turn out to be decent, but anyone who thinks it is on paper better than our 08,09, or 2010 classes is I think over-exaggerating. But the results will be borne out on the court.

We are in on a lot of highly touted guys in 2014 and that class has a chance to be our best yet.

Djambo and Onwuassor. Then maybe a couple of jucos next year to even out the classes a bit since we'll have 5 to give if I'm not mistaken. I see that Onwuassor played his sr. season with a Xavier commit. I'm a right side outsider, though, so these comments don't mean d$#k. Strictly speculating. Thank you. Have a nice day. Thank you.

The Villanova transfer does not have to commit

By April 17 like the high school kids, right?

I'd rather have him N another rebounder who can make jump shots like DE but I pray for A 6 foot 9

Fade away jump shooter. With all of the Cody Ellis floppers coming into the game the fade away

Is going to be the next big change in how the game is played

No recruits have to commit by April 17. The 17th is the first day in the spring that a recruit can sign a letter of intent. The period goes until mid May. After that a player can only sign a financial aid agreement which is not binding to the player in any way, only the school.

Transfers are no different in this regard than regular HS recruits.

Indiana All Stars released

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130409/SPORTS02/304090028/Indiana-All-Stars-Purdue-recruit-Basil-Smotherman-uses-junior-snub-motivation

ncluding the 6-7 Smotherman and 6-7 IndyStar Mr. Basketball Zak Irvin of Hamilton Southeastern, this year’s All-Star team is heavy on tall and versatile wing players. They include: Warren Central’s 6-6 Devin Davis, Cathedral’s 6-6 Collin Hartman, New Haven’s 6-7 V.J. Beachem, Triton’s 6-6 Clay Yeo (Valpo), Tipton’s 6-5 Mike Crawford (Saint Louis) and Castle’s 6-5 Blake Simmons.

Yeo and Crawford playing on the same team. Well, at least, Yeo and Keith Carter will have something in common

http://www.staceypageonline.com/2013/04/03/yeo-bloom-lauded-by-ap/

The AP Indiana All-Star team

The second team features seniors Mike Crawford (Tipton), Bryson Scott (Fort Wayne Northrop) and Darryl Baker (Jeffersonville) and junior Ja’Quan Lyle (Evansville Bosse) and James Blackmon (Fort Wayne Luers). Crawford has committed to S(ain)t. Louis, Scott to Purdue and Blackmon to Indiana.

I'd rather have him N another rebounder who can make jump shots like DE but I pray for A 6 foot 9

Fade away jump shooter. With all of the Cody Ellis floppers coming into the game the fade away

There are just a hand full of NBA bigs who have a fade away jump shot. We won't land one of those.

There are just a hand full of NBA bigs who have a fade away jump shot. We won't land one of those.

Kevin Durant?

Agbeko's South Kent teammate just decommitted from Rutgers. He is a 3-star point guard. Sounds like it would be worth it to contact him. BTW, it looks like verbal commits has upped Agbeko's star rating from 2 to 2.5! He is now only 0.2 stars away from recent Kentucky commit Dominique Hawkins.