Recruiting - 2013

Here is my ideal recruiting class... Djambo, Agbeko and Yacoubou. They all have great names and the best part would be listening to PA announcer Gus Phelps deliver those names flawlessly.

Don't underestimate Guy's ability to fuock up the name "Saintil."

He'll probably call him "Centene," or something like that.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

according to rivals, DE was 3 pounds more coming out of HS, BUT DE didnt get a whole year to sit around and lift, so.

I thought Drew looked bigger than Evans did as a frosh for sure

Interesting. Drew looks skinny to me. Just the eye test, though.

Here's what some Google research yields on Reggie Agbeko:

-Listed at 6-8, 225-240 (PF-C) in most places.

-Class of 2013, South Kent Prep basketball factory. Graduated in 2012 from St. Joseph's (the Marauders!) in Buffalo but opted for a prep year while the NCAA dragged its feet determining his eligibility.

-His family emigrated to the US from Ghana around the time his sophomore year would have started.

-Offers confirmed from Missouri State, St. Peter's, Robert Morris, Siena, and SLU.

-He already visited SLU and said it was a great visit.

-Missouri State felt good about their chances after a visit last month. The longer this goes on, the worse that looks for them.

-Interest from Tulsa*, Tulane*, Drexel, Loyola-Marymount*, Boston College*, Dayton*, Iona, Towson, UMass, LaSalle, Illinois State*, Charlotte*, Kent State*, Miami-OH, Wichita State, St. Bonaventure, and every smaller D-I program on the eastern seaboard. The * means I've seen offers rumored on message boards but can't confirm with a real source. He visited Loyola-Marymount, so I'd assume that offer is legit, too.

-Villanova, Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, and Duke are supposedly showing interest now. No signs of offers or visits from any, but their names are popping up.

-He's reportedly a load inside. Takes up a lot of room and is left-handed. The phrases "high ceiling/upside" and "late bloomer" are used a lot for him.

-Visit status: Missouri State, Loyola-Marymount, and SLU have happened (in that order). Tulane and Illinois State remain.

Great post. Helpful.

Most just stick in a name, that rarely helps, assumes we all know the details about the player.

AKA...Shaka is going to get a big time recruit and this guy isn't any good

Interesting. Drew looks skinny to me. Just the eye test, though.

Agreed. Very skinny. He needs to bulk up a lot. Maybe he needs to see Backhand.

I'm sticking with Djambo and Agbeko as my two biggest hopes from this pool. Knight seems like a nice scorer but has some red flags. Santil and Strawberry are both intriguing, as is Yacoubou, and all for different reasons. If we manage to land Djambo and Agbeko, I'd be happy with any one of those three. Or maybe one of the two PGs, one of the two bigs, and Yacoubou. That'd be a balanced class, along with Crawford.

This. That would be a solid first class for Crews.

Randy Onwuasor has an official visit setup on 4/11

This is a new name to me. His last tweet confirms what you just said. Doing some research on him...

-A report from his junior season said he was being recruited by UC-Irvine, Pepperdine, and Tennessee.

-He's listed as a PG in most places but also called a wing in others. 6-3, 190.

-Here's some video (sorry, I can't figure out how to embed):

- He can dunk: 0:50 and 2:21 and 2:32 and 4:20. Not sure why they have to go to slow motion for every nice pass.

-His Scout profile lists New Mexico State (of all teams) as having Medium interest, but no offers are listed. They do refer to him as "one of the best unsigned seniors in Southern California."

-Paul Pierce is an Inglewood HS grad.

-His ESPN profile has him as the #81 PG in the country, #46 overall player from CA. They also say this: "Onwuasor is the owner of the best looking frame amongst Division I prospects in Southern California. Broad shoulders, pterodactyl-type length, huge hands, and an electrifying burst describe this outstanding combo-guard prospect. He can explode in transition and get to the rim before the defense can react."

I saw that as well. Man, considering the signing period starts 4/17, that is a lengthy time to wait on a decision and hold a potential scholarship.

My first thought was, "Great, we'll know soon because it's April!" Then I realized it's April 5th and the period starts the 17th and wondered why he's waiting until the 30th. Looking at his offer list - SLU, Austin Peay, Clemson, Detroit, Illinois State, Kansas State, Loyola-Chicago, Morehead State, SEMO, SIUC, Southern Miss, and Washington State - maybe he's waiting for most of the schools to fill out their classes first and make his decision easier. Probably not the case; I'm not sure what his goal is in saying 4/30 is "decision day," though.

This is a new name to me. His last tweet confirms what you just said. Doing some research on him...

-A report from his junior season said he was being recruited by UC-Irvine, Pepperdine, and Tennessee.

- He can dunk: 0:50 and 2:21 and 2:32 and 4:20. Not sure why they have to go to slow motion for every nice pass.

-His Scout profile lists New Mexico State (of all teams) as having Medium interest, but no offers are listed. They do refer to him as "one of the best unsigned seniors in Southern California."

-His ESPN profile has him as the #81 PG in the country, #46 overall player from CA. They also say this: "Onwuasor is the owner of the best looking frame amongst Division I prospects in Southern California. Broad shoulders, pterodactyl-type length, huge hands, and an electrifying burst describe this outstanding combo-guard prospect. He can explode in transition and get to the rim before the defense can react."

-Pistol understands the key requirement for all SLU recruits, well done

-I would love to be getting guards that are great players and 6'2 or taller

The kid has great hops, but what I really love about him is that is that it is potentially another fun name for PA announcer Gus Phelps to deal with.