Bills by 4 over X

First of all, nice win for the Bills....ugly, but nice. What made it nice was the come from behind victory. I had mentioned in an earler thread, I wanted us to hold GW to two 3 pt shors made ....and we did....thus the spread comes in close to target. It is never a good idea to let a weaker team stay close with less than 10 minutes left. It gives them a 2nd wind...a "hey win can win this" attitude. But the Bills decided they were not going to lose. This is what sets this team apart from previous ones. In a different season, this game would have slipped away. Not this year. Maybe this year it will be easy to be a Bills fan....or at least easier.

Moving along...I still have the Bills ranking at 19 and seed at 6. In rarified air it becomes more difficult to move ....so for now we are stuck. The way to get unstuck is to keep winning.

Which bring us to the X game. The St. J game was bigger spread = easier game....GW spread < St. J game= more difficult game....and X game the spread drops again which means an even tougher game than GW. Like GW, X is nort really a 3 pt team...they shoot a little more than GW and make a little more. In this game, I would like to see us hold them to 9 shots from the arc and making no more than 3.

A 7th road win ties for the second longest road win streak. It's easy being a Bills fan....bill-ieve.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Xavier's lone three-point shooter/threat remains slow-footed, role-limited Brad Redford. Can't lose him when he's in the game. Otherwise, its a front line full of thugs and hacks. Basketball talent is really low at X this year when compared to year's past.

Oh, Cintas will bring it big time. They may not admit it, but I think SLU is their biggest rival in the conference right now seeing as how we've held our own with them. I watched the UMass - X game yesterday. Davis can hit from the 3 but was cold yesterday. They do have some bigs who could cause problems. Opposing coaches are starting to get the picture that the way to break down SLU's D is to attack the inside with dribble drive or back door cuts. You're just not going to beat us with the 3 ball not the way our guards are playing D. But we do seem vulnerable on the inside. Look at the most recent games for proof. Roberts lights us up for 25, Larsen for 14, Riddick for 19, and I think Smith was Butler's leading point getter against us. JC's going to have to get that interior D in good shape for the dance.

X is tough to beat at the Cintas Center. Clinching at least a share of the A10 title on their floor would be awesome. Put a ton of pressure on Semaj, force him to turn the ball over and don't let him get to the basket. Don't give Redford open looks and the Bills will take care of business. Rob Loe will have a big night.

X is tough to beat at the Cintas Center. Clinching at least a share of the A10 title on their floor would be awesome. Put a ton of pressure on Semaj, force him to turn the ball over and don't let him get to the basket. Don't give Redford open looks and the Bills will take care of business. Rob Loe will have a big night.

Semaj looks like he'll be a player, but their other guards aren't anywhere close to as good as ours. They have a couple of athletic, decent sized guys, but nothing that is overly concerning. This is a really good matchup for us.

They only that will keep is close is if we go 3-20 from 3 point land and shoot under 60% from the line.

Semaj looks like he'll be a player, but their other guards aren't anywhere close to as good as ours. They have a couple of athletic, decent sized guys, but nothing that is overly concerning. This is a really good matchup for us.They only that will keep is close is if we go 3-20 from 3 point land and shoot under 60% from the line.

Semaj is going to be a stud if Mack doesn't screw him up.

My recollection is we have played well at Cintas. For those who have been there, isn't the Fetz similar? Perhaps we feel more at home, than in a small Gym like the Smith Center.

Last year, we beat their A10 winning streak at home that had been active since 2006 if I remember correctly? I think that I have been to two games there, and both times we lost pretty soundly. However, this team doesn't **** its pants on the road, and X has lost twice in conference at home this season, so I think we should walk away with a win again.

From the 6 x games I have watched this year, I would say athletic big men yes, skilled not so much. <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Westy03" data-cid="348864" data-time="1362365275"><p>

I see us easily losing this game. They have a dynamic freshman point guard and some athletic bigs that will give us some trouble. Big target in our back</p></blockquote>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Westy03" data-cid="348864" data-time="1362365275"><p>

I see us easily losing this game. They have a dynamic freshman point guard and some athletic bigs that will give us some trouble. Big target in our back</p></blockquote>

God damnit, Westy! Get some f'ing confidence. I'm so sick if this sh*t. Move to section 208.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Westy03" data-cid="348864" data-time="1362365275"><p>

God damnit, Westy! Get some f'ing confidence. I'm so sick if this sh*t. Move to section 208.

Lol

I see us easily losing this game. They have a dynamic freshman point guard and some athletic bigs that will give us some trouble. Big target in our back

Yeah, you're probably right. X by 112...

19/4 = 4.75. Why a 6 seed?

I think we discussed this on another thread. Power schools from power conferences get first crack...The BE and B10 have a projected 15 bids....they won't all fill up the first 4 seeds but a lot of them will and that is only 2 conferences. What about Duke and Kan and Fl and etc. Unfortunately one Dance word which is frequently associated with Mid Majors and small conferences is the word ....underseeded. I think it was Lunardi who said it doesn't matter how many we win or by what margin....we can't go higher than 4th seed. I am showing if we win out and dominate we could finish as high as 3 seed but it would be a long shot.

In the end there is not a whole lot of difference between a 4 and a 6 seed. I think what ever damage we could do from a 4th seed we could do about the same from 5 or 6. Some of the teams ahead of us will be overseeded. I like our chances where ever they put us.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="slu72" data-cid="348766" data-time="1362328333"><p>

Oh, Cintas will bring it big time. </p></blockquote>

Xaviers student section is extremely weak. Bills by 30.

My recollection is we have played well at Cintas. For those who have been there, isn't the Fetz similar? Perhaps we feel more at home, than in a small Gym like the Smith Center.

It's very similar. The Fetz has a single bowl, whereas Cintas has an upper deck and a lower deck. I think the Fetz feels a little more intimate.

Some thoughts (from a Cincinnati office chair) from someone who has seen Xavier play a lot more than I've seen SLU play this season:

-The biggest edge Xavier will have is on the glass. They're one of the better rebounding teams in the league. Taylor has stepped up big this season and is pulling down 8.6 boards per game. Martin, Philmore, and Robinson all grab just under 5 RPG. Against UMass they had 17 offensive boards; they average about 11 offensive boards/game.

-They're doing a better job of getting Redford open looks this season. He's a one-trick pony but you can't take your eye off him for a minute because he's got a quick release and unlimited range. Also tends to be more confident on their home court.

-People are talking about Ellis being poised for a good game. I would agree with this for a few reasons. First, whoever they put on him won't be a great perimeter defender; he'll get open looks. Second, if Cody leads the league in charges drawn, Christon leads the league in charges. He goes hard to the rim all day long and doesn't know when to let off the gas; if and when he blows by McCall or Mitchell, Ellis will have the opportunity to get him in foul trouble.

-Philmore has been playing a lot better lately. He's not the most athletic player (he moves similarly to Glaze, although Grandy is still more raw) but hustles and can be frustrating. Sports talk guys would call him a "garbage guy."

-I would love to see Jett cover Martin and frustrate him early in the game. Martin's game is very dependent on how he comes out of the gate. I've seen games where he hits a 3 early and has nothing but confidence and will score 18 with 7 rebounds, scoring in a variety of ways. I've also seen games where he is so mentally taken out he has more fouls than points and rebounds combined despite starting. We can force him into the latter and I'd like to see Jett take care of this in the first half.

-Xavier is not a good FT shooting team, even at home. I have no qualms about putting Christon, Davis, Taylor, and Philmore on the stripe whenever they get an easy look.

-Speaking of Davis, he had his first game back since a head injury vs. VCU and looked terrible vs. UMass. Our guards should be able to get to him early and often. Christon (and, unfortunately for Xavier, Redford) will have to bring the ball up if Davis still isn't 100% and gets limited minutes. We force a lot of TOs and should be able to do so well against Xavier's guards.

-Xavier's home crowds have been sparser and quieter this season than I've ever seen. We've typically played well in Cintas compared to other A10 gyms and they lack the home advantage this season they've had so strongly in the past. I thought if they had beaten UMass they'd get up for this one, but I think most of them have cashed it in for the year. That said, this is senior night. Expect Robinson, Taylor, and fan favorite Redford to all start and have a lot of support compared to recent games. That's why it will be so important to come out aggressive early on.