Selection Sunday

TheOldie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a nonstop flight out of STL into Albequerque on Wednesday leaving at 1:30 on Southwest for 160 right now. There are a couple routes to Portland for 200. Flights to Pittsburgh for about 150 each way.

Hopefully there will be some last minute flight deals out of St Louis if we get sent to the far away locales.

There is a nonstop flight out of STL into Albequerque on Wednesday leaving at 1:30 on Southwest for 160 right now. There are a couple routes to Portland for 200. Flights to Pittsburgh for about 150 each way.

Hopefully there will be some last minute flight deals out of St Louis if we get sent to the far away locales.

Thats if you buy them today. We wont know until Sunday night

I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed with how picky some of our most hardcore fans are being in regard to site location. That be awful if we have an embarrassingly small turnout for our first tourney appearance in 12 years. Not showing up would show the country slu really doesn't care about having a big time program.

These kids have busted their asses all year and deserve the support! Let's spend the money for a plane ticket if necessary!!

I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed with how picky some of our most hardcore fans are being in regard to site location. That be awful if we have an embarrassingly small turnout for our first tourney appearance in 12 years. Not showing up would show the country slu really doesn't care about having a big time program.

These kids have busted their asses all year and deserve the support! Let's spend the money for a plane ticket if necessary!!

Yea... Think the U. will mind if I put student loans aside next month and write them a post-it saying I'm flying to the dance instead? Good thought though.

I'll be happy wherever they end up, as long as it means we're dancing.

That said, Louisville is a really easy drive and a fun town. Nashvegas would be great too. Columbus works, but doesn't excite me much.

Omaha is home of the Box clan. I'm sure we could all crash at one of my great aunt's houses. Except for the one who's a nun.

I'm with you, but it's not exactly that easy for everyone. It's currently almost $400 dollars to get to Portland and back. Add in game tickets, hotels, food, beer, and more beer and it's going to cost a pretty penny.

The NCAA factors in travel distance when placing teams in brackets for the first two rounds so I would expect that Nashville, Columbus, Louisville and Omaha would be the prefered destinations with Pittsburgh and Greensboro the next two options. That said, travel is not the only factor so the better our seed the more priority we would receive.

16 teams need to end up in Albuquerque and Portland so it really comes down to how many west coast (or teams west of us) that make the dance. The more they NCAA has to choose from the better our chances of avoiding those two cities is. I count 20 teams in Lunardi's current bracket that are west of St. Louis so hopefully that's enough to keep us in the midwest cities as I'd much rather drive than buy a plane ticket 3 days in advance.

Which first-round sites feed into the STL regional?

Since the Bills apparently won't be able to play in that regional, those first-round sites can be eliminated immediately, right?

I don't think the first-round sites feed into a certain regional. They can move the sites around so that the higher seeded teams can play close to home the entire time.

The ESPN bracket shows different first round sites than other bracket projections. They move the sites around so even if Ohio St would be in the West regional, they could play a first and second round game close to home.

http://bracketville.wordpress.com/bracketology/

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Which first-round sites feed into the STL regional?

Since the Bills apparently won't be able to play in that regional, those first-round sites can be eliminated immediately, right?

Omaha, Nashville, Columbus, Louisville..... aka the ones we want :(

Only the west region has two drivable spots Omaha, Columbus

If we were an 8-9 seed, taking out the midwest, we would be placed in Pittsburgh, Louisville, or Columbus

I don't think the first-round sites feed into a certain regional. They can move the sites around so that the higher seeded teams can play close to home the entire time.

Also, there are 4 games played at each site so even if Louisville or Memphis fed into the STL regional, there would still be 2 games from another regional played at those sites.

This is correct...the NCAA made a change a few years back to help with travel so now the first round sites are not tied to a specific regional.