Selection Sunday

TheOldie

This is correct...the NCAA made a change a few years back to help with travel so now the first round sites are not tied to a specific regional.

But its spelled out in the bracket already what sites feed where:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But its spelled out in the bracket already what sites feed where:

http://espn.go.com/m...ll/bracketology

From ESPN

Will teams allegedly play closer to home again this year? For the 11th time, the NCAA men's basketball committee will not predetermine the regional designation of each of the eight subregional sites (what it calls the "pod" system). This gives the committee increased flexibility to reduce travel for teams and fans, as well as create more local interest at subregional sites that may not be traditional basketball areas. For example, the subregional site in Pittsburgh could send its winners to Phoenix (West Regional) instead of, say, the East Regional in Boston, if the committee thinks it makes more geographic sense for the teams involved.

If anybody wants the form, I would be happy to scan it and email it. The only problem is that the more billiken club points you have, the more likely you are to be given the opportunity to buy the tickets. I am not a billiken club member (just a season ticket holder) and got the form.

coming from seattle, oregon is really the only feasible option. west coast is way underrepresented

The West Regional is an excellent choice for SLU. Reasons:

1. West is weaker, with no #1 seed, a severely weakened Pac-12 (aka The Pathetic 12), meaning probably the 4th #1 seed will be shipped to the West.

2. That translates into giving SLU a better chance to advance if the NCAA sticks SLU in the 8-9 game.

I have only been to one NCAA tournament, and tickets were very easy to come by, as the only way to buy tickets beforehand is to buy all of the games at a pod.

Think of it this way. The first day has 4 games over 2 sessions. Half the fans only care about the first session, and the other half only care about the second. So about half of the fans will probably happily unload their tickets for each session.

For the second round game, half the fans are looking to go home (as their teams have lost), so they look to unload the second round game ticket they bought in the package.

My rule of thumb with conference tournament (and now NCAA) tournament tickets is: Never buy early, you can always get them on the street.

I'm not a Billiken Club member, just a season ticket holder and I got the forms.

i assume you have seats on the ends then as all the other seats carry mandatory billiken club membership. technically i guess the forms went to all season ticket holders. but in the packet was an explanation that billiken club points will determine priority of who gets tickets and how good the seats will be.

It's my understanding that getting tickets directly through SLU (i.e. sitting in the SLU section) is going to be difficult as the NCAA only allocates ~350 tickets to each school for the first round. After faculty, coaches and parent's families are taken care of there will only be so many seats available for regular fans.

The letter SLU sent said they anticipate only the top 50 Billiken Club members will be able to get tickets. Even if that extends to 100 BC members, you either have to have been a fan for a long time or be more recent but have made some huge donations. Either way, it's a long shot.

The good news is that SignGuy is right and tickets are generally available and reasonable prices (a Louisville pod with Kentucky could get ugly, of course). The key will be getting SLU fans in clusters or sections so that we can make noise and not just be 2,000 people scattered accross a 20,000 seat stadium.

The good news is that SignGuy is right and tickets are generally available and reasonable prices (a Louisville pod with Kentucky could get ugly, of course). The key will be getting SLU fans in clusters or sections so that we can make noise and not just be 2,000 people scattered accross a 20,000 seat stadium.

If you are in the opposite session as the marquee name, (Kentucky playing in Louisville) you should have a better chance at a reasonable price cause the UK fan might want to dump that other session ticket.

If I can talk the broham or my dad and co into going with, I am in. I'm hoping for a site close enough to drive. Nursing school costs don't leave much funds for flight. : / Eff bombs.

Westy, maybe a slight push from your side on the idea of said bro to go... :)

If you are in the opposite session as the marquee name, (Kentucky playing in Louisville) you should have a better chance at a reasonable price cause the UK fan might want to dump that other session ticket.

Yes and no. For round 1, if UK is in the other session it won't hurt us although I don't think their fans have to buy tickets to the other session. That being said, their fans are so intense I suspect they'll still want to go watch some more ball. It would kill us though for round 2 as 1 ticket gets you both games at that site.

Clearly, the worst of all worlds is being an 8/9 seed and sharing the 1st round session with them, then even if we win we are rewarded with a 2nd round match-up with them. Been there done that in 98 (yes, I know we were a 10 seed that year and they were a 2, but the result was the same). No thanks.

i assume you have seats on the ends then as all the other seats carry mandatory billiken club membership. technically i guess the forms went to all season ticket holders. but in the packet was an explanation that billiken club points will determine priority of who gets tickets and how good the seats will be.

I stated a simple fact: That I, a mere season ticket holder, not a Club member, was sent the forms. I made no claims as to whether I would get seats or not. I made no other claims as to anything. Not sure what point, if any, you are trying to make.

Yes and no. For round 1, if UK is in the other session it won't hurt us although I don't think their fans have to buy tickets to the other session. That being said, their fans are so intense I suspect they'll still want to go watch some more ball. It would kill us though for round 2 as 1 ticket gets you both games at that site.

Clearly, the worst of all worlds is being an 8/9 seed and sharing the 1st round session with them, then even if we win we are rewarded with a 2nd round match-up with them. Been there done that in 98 (yes, I know we were a 10 seed that year and they were a 2, but the result was the same). No thanks.

Why are we assumming that a Kentucky fan will have a better chance to land a ticket?

If they buy directly from the school than they will get just the session they play in. But, I am sure that the Kentucky fans have had that pod circled and purchased the full book of tickets when they went on sale last year for Louisville.

God. While I am trying to tell myself not to get hopes up about getting in the tourney....this week I now worry about location....now you got me worried about being in Louisville as a 8 or 9 seed having to face Kentucky.

Just send the Billikens to Nashville!

Assuming we land a resonable site, how many fans would you actually expect to show up. Im saying >1,800

based on previous conference tourney runs, previous ncaa tourney appearances and our current less than over the top attendance. to expect 20% of what comes to chaifetz to now travel out of state and go through travel arrangements and ticket procurement, i just dont see 1,800+ to show up. put me down for less than 500.

God. While I am trying to tell myself not to get hopes up about getting in the tourney....this week I now worry about location....now you got me worried about being in Louisville as a 8 or 9 seed having to face Kentucky.

Just send the Billikens to Nashville!

However if by the grace of God you sneak a win there, sky is the limit