Majerus rumors

Maybe I've missed this in another thread, but I'm surprised no one is talking about the rumors going around on Twitter and supposedly on Arkansas sports-talk radio that Majerus is being considered to be the next coach of the Razorbacks. I can't see him wanting to start over and turn around another program at his age. Especially when we're so close to turning the corner next year. These are probably just rumors and there's probably nothing to them, but what are your thoughts? I have yet to see any real publications reporting this. Just hearsay on Twitter.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I've missed this in another thread, but I'm surprised no one is talking about the rumors going around on Twitter and supposedly on Arkansas sports-talk radio that Majerus is being considered to be the next coach of the Razorbacks. I can't see him wanting to start over and turn around another program at his age. Especially when we're so close to turning the corner next year. These are probably just rumors and there's probably nothing to them, but what are your thoughts? I have yet to see any real publications reporting this. Just hearsay on Twitter.

I have said many times here that I am not so sure Majerus will be back... he might be fed up with the BS he has had to tolerate. And if the Jesuits somehow do not let WR back, it would pour gas on the fire.

Arkansas has a great incoming freshmen class... but I wonder if Arkansas would go with Majerus in this spot, and despite denials I think MU's Anderson might wind up at Arkansas.

Can't see it. Our coaching staff does not merit much consideration across any board right now. There have been no tangible results and I would venture that anyone taking Majerus would have to do so understanding that hw is a project builder and not a quick turnaround- immediate results guy.

Sitting in the Q here in Cleveland, amazed at how Indiana State and Xavier looks like little boys amidst the tall, tall trees of Syracuse and Ohio State. Marquette threw the kitchen sink at Holloway and he had no support. When Frease and Andrew Taylor are your leading men you are in big trouble.

Can't see it. Our coaching staff does not merit much consideration across any board right now. There have been no tangible results and I would venture that anyone taking Majerus would have to do so understanding that hw is a project builder and not a quick turnaround- immediate results guy.

Sitting in the Q here in Cleveland, amazed at how Indiana State and Xavier looks like little boys amidst the tall, tall trees of Syracuse and Ohio State. Marquette threw the kitchen sink at Holloway and he had no support. When Frease and Andrew Taylor are your leading men you are in big trouble.

Size for position is the single biggest difference between high major and mid-major. Nothing new there. Syracuse in particular is always a classic example of this.

As for Majerus, he isn't going to another school. Perhaps the original poster mixed up his "M's," with Mizzou and Marquette as their coaches have much more mutual interest and fit with some of the several recent and soon to be openings. (I don't think either of those coaches will be going anywhere else either btw)

Size for position is the single biggest difference between high major and mid-major. Nothing new there. Syracuse in particular is always a classic example of this.

As for Majerus, he isn't going to another school. Perhaps the original poster mixed up his "M's," with Mizzou and Marquette as their coaches have much more mutual interest and fit with some of the several recent and soon to be openings. (I don't think either of those coaches will be going anywhere else either btw)

I'd be surprised if he left. 63, health a ? mark, proximity to mom, just built a home in Milwaukee, the whole Jebby ideal thing, etc. He's got a nice deal here at SLU and a real shot to get it on track next year. From AK point of view I'd think he'd be too old. Really, how many years does he want to coach? 2-3? He's not in the hot commodity category anymore. Mike Anderson is. The Butler coach is (rumored to Tennessee). Relatively young guys who would give a BCS program a solid long term foundation. Am sure AK doesn't want to be in the market anytime soon after this hire. By the way, anyone notice Buzz Williams looks like an RM in the making?

It's why WR's return is so important. And the sooner RL discovers he's got to be more than a big perimiter shooter the better. I think we've got the size to match up well with the exception our two leading guards are a little on the small size. But JB at 6'5 should hold his own.

I bet RM is really a good boss for PM and

Assistants to work for. You learn a lot in a program

that has real issues. How often hasRM

said anyone can recruit to UCLA or BCS

school with tax money and politicians squeezing

Free planes like Bob Dole for KU and KState

When Boeing needed his help-don't think that

Put our charter issue in perspective-they own

Their own planes for flights to Manhattan KS

and Lawrence or Columbia or Wichita

I have said many times here that I am not so sure Majerus will be back... he might be fed up with the BS he has had to tolerate. And if the Jesuits somehow do not let WR back, it would pour gas on the fire.

Arkansas has a great incoming freshmen class... but I wonder if Arkansas would go with Majerus in this spot, and despite denials I think MU's Anderson might wind up at Arkansas.

Yeah but Arkansas' incoming class is currently like 25-40% eligible.

The guys on the Arkansas board are delusional. Many are saying he would take the job in a second if they offered. Does anyone here feel that way? It would be stupid of him to start all over when everything is finally in place for a great season next year.

You know who else has been rumored to be a candidate for the Arkansas job? Every single gotdamn coach in D-I. We're safe, just let it play out.

+1

It is just wild speculation and nothing more. In all likelihood they will have the job filled within the next 1-2 weeks.

I can't see it at all.

RM is not going to move further away from his mother. If something he wanted openned up closer to her then you might see hi think about it.

Otherwise, why leave when your team is about to bear fruit!:D