Majerus rumors

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Anderson to be named arkansas coach tomorrow. Maybe mizzous next coach will sack up and play us.

Not playing SLU was not Mike Anderson's decision and he had no power in changing that if he wanted to.

Not playing SLU was not Mike Anderson's decision and he had no power in changing that if he wanted to.

Don't kid yourself - Anderson has no interest in playing SLU - in fact if he really wanted to play anybody he could. It is possible that the AD is telling him no but as I said he could force that issue - not saying he should but he could.

Don't kid yourself - Anderson has no interest in playing SLU - in fact if he really wanted to play anybody he could. It is possible that the AD is telling him no but as I said he could force that issue - not saying he should but he could.

Agree. We have to be much better before it makes sense for Mizzou to play us. From their perspective they have everything to lose and nothing to gain. We need to make some trips to the NCAA tourney and then grab a few major recruits out of STL. Then they will play us.

Andersen makes $1.5mm or so.

At some point, he needs to stop this annual flirting with other schools. You can only go to the "I need a riase" well so many times before the alumni will turn on you and say good riddance.

Just once I would like to see a coach try to get a raise and the AD say "hey asshat we have you under contract for 5 more years. Do what you said you would do or talk to my attorney!"

It will never happen but it would be refreshing to hear.

Just once I would like to see a coach try to get a raise and the AD say "hey asshat we have you under contract for 5 more years. Do what you said you would do or talk to my attorney!"

It will never happen but it would be refreshing to hear.

That's what the buyout is for... what's a lawyer going to say?

Agree. We have to be much better before it makes sense for Mizzou to play us. From their perspective they have everything to lose and nothing to gain. We need to make some trips to the NCAA tourney and then grab a few major recruits out of STL. Then they will play us.

True. The game has to be relevant then you'll get outside pressure from the media, politicos, etc. to have the game.

I am not kidding myself or anyone else. I am not saying Anderson wants to play SLU or begs Alden to play SLU. However, if you know how Mizzou's scheduling works you know that Alden controls the scheduling (for both football and basketball) and receives bonuses per win. Not sos or rpi, per win. And yes, this is a fact.

I am not kidding myself or anyone else. I am not saying Anderson wants to play SLU or begs Alden to play SLU. However, if you know how Mizzou's scheduling works you know that Alden controls the scheduling (for both football and basketball) and receives bonuses per win. Not sos or rpi, per win. And yes, this is a fact.

If true, he should pull a Syracuse and play a dozen non con games at home against NAIA quality teams.

If true, he should pull a Syracuse and play a dozen non con games at home against NAIA quality teams.

Thats exactly what they did.