bclub mtg

Cowboy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely. Hopefully we'll get a decent number of road games, and with TV and Internet broadcasts, maybe we can cobble together a decent package.

-that could be good news on the tv front, let's hope it becomes reality

explain to me how i'm wrong. you're like arguing with a 4 year old.

you seem to think my opinion is just about the very recent past. not true. too much history that backs me up.

1) When Porter is saying that CR is a legit 6-8, he seems to verify that they are shaving an inch on all the listed heights.

2) Roy, when criticism of Soderberg is brought up or the kid from East St. Louis, you say that they are gone, we should let it go, its water under the bridge, etc (which I agree with). However, your post on this thread ignores all that. Shouldn't you let this situation from two years past go, is it not a little hypocritical to not take your own advice? I want to add that in the end, you are going to force the board members to probably criticize the skills of those former players, which I think is a situation you want to avoid. I also think you are twisting a situation where a players leave SLU to take a shot at the coach on something entirely different that is illogical and vindictive.

I'm hoping for a deal with Fox Sports Mid-West that way out of towners can watch via sportspack.

Porter is probably a better choice for those that want to get real information. Rick is an enigma wrapped in a tortilla and deep fried. I'm just saying the dude is hard to understand and did you guys notice he rambles and may never really get to the point?

I like the Volleyball doubleheaders with basketball it is like pumping more Billikeness into your Billiken experience.

if "the billikens" = student athletes on the team, i am their biggest fan.

roy, there are many fans (myself included) who are questioning some of what RM is doing. However, most reasonable fans are willing to give him sufficient time to get his system going. You can't really knock his track record.

Seriously, are you still hung up on Daniel Lisch?

roy, there are many fans (myself included) who are questioning some of what RM is doing. However, most reasonable fans are willing to give him sufficient time to get his system going. You can't really knock his track record.

Seriously, are you still hung up on Daniel Lisch?

How can someone be hung up on what happened with Daniel Lisch. I would call what Majerus did for Daniel admirable.

How can someone be hung up on what happened with Daniel Lisch. I would call what Majerus did for Daniel admirable.

Broy, I respect your devotion to the Billikens and all things SLU. That said, I don't understand where you are coming from sometimes. You scream you want a successful program here, but the irony is you weren't a fan of the coach who did deliver success, ie Spoon, nor the coach, ie RM, who appears to have the best shot at it since Spoon's departure. Yet, you liked, make that idolized, Romar who really never delivered all that much except for the Memphis Miracle, albeit with Spoon's players, set our local recruiting back bunches, and used SLU as a stepping stone for a return ticket to the WC. You admired Brad who couldn't recruit an alkie to a New Year's Eve party and ended his five year stint with a record just slightly over .500. You knew, because you're not stupid, that your first post on this thread would ignite another little firestorm about RM. It was unnecessary. WE KNOW YOU DON"T LIKE RM already. WE KNOW YOU THINK HE's THE WORST HIRE since Albrecht. Give it up, Broy, and extend to him the same patient attitude you wanted us all to give UB after five years of bringing in a lot of players that couldn't play for Vashon. Let's give RM his chance. By my timetable he's got 3 seasons left to deliver something, and, with the talent he's bringing in, it's appearing he will.

Broy, I respect your devotion to the Billikens and all things SLU. That said, I don't understand where you are coming from sometimes. You scream you want a successful program here, but the irony is you weren't a fan of the coach who did deliver success, ie Spoon, nor the coach, ie RM, who appears to have the best shot at it since Spoon's departure. Yet, you liked, make that idolized, Romar who really never delivered all that much except for the Memphis Miracle, albeit with Spoon's players, set our local recruiting back bunches, and used SLU as a stepping stone for a return ticket to the WC. You admired Brad who couldn't recruit an alkie to a New Year's Eve party and ended his five year stint with a record just slightly over .500. You knew, because you're not stupid, that your first post on this thread would ignite another little firestorm about RM. It was unnecessary. WE KNOW YOU DON"T LIKE RM already. WE KNOW YOU THINK HE's THE WORST HIRE since Albrecht. Give it up, Broy, and extend to him the same patient attitude you wanted us all to give UB after five years of bringing in a lot of players that couldn't play for Vashon. Let's give RM his chance. By my timetable he's got 3 seasons left to deliver something, and, with the talent he's bringing in, it's appearing he will.

i've never said i didnt like spoon as a coach. i disliked some of his off court ventures, but i think he was a fantastic coach and he treated his kids fairly imo. he was a great sound bite and gave slu positive press. never lost my enthusiasm when spoon was the coach.

please pull up the post where i say rickma is "the worst hire since albrecht". i think you will find quotes where i say he raised the level of the basketball program with his intial demands or that i recognize that history says rickma will win. etc. no where will you find i ever wrote "he's the worst hire....".

you last line seems to signify i think the man will fail. again, i know he will win. i just dont like the way he goes about getting there. to clarify, i dont think he cheats. i know he works hard. but the way he treats people (not just his players) in and around the program, slu, the media, surrounding businesses and boosters is not what i think a slu coach should be. i think that is an embarrassment. and slu should not compromise itself just to win. there is no reason we cant win and be proud of every aspect in the path to get there. i.e. he doesnt have to be that way.

On a lighter note. How did people rate the food at the meeting & what was the price of drinks? We went to Humphrey's first & then went to the meeting.

I'm fairly new here so I don't know most of you guys and how you feel, but I thought I'd add, for the record, that Coach Majerus has been nothing but accommodating to me whenever I've had to put a piece together for the UNews. First and last thing he always says is "thanks for taking time to do this. We really appreciate it." He's always answered every question and, like I said, been nothing but cordial. I know some here have sour tastes in their mouths about RickMa, but I've had nothing but great experiences working with him.

oh good, maybe we can cut some more kids and crush their college plans. that would be cool.

Roy based on this post and your current attitudes toward Majerus and the team I'm adding you to my blocked list. I never thought you'd ever be worthy of being placed on a list with the likes of Postcard and Footes but you are. This is sad.....

Roy based on this post and your current attitudes toward Majerus and the team I'm adding you to my blocked list. I never thought you'd ever be worthy of being placed on a list with the likes of Postcard and Footes but you are. This is sad.....

rich please dont connect my current attitudes towards majerus AND the team. believe me, two totally separate feelings as i support the student athletes as much as ever.

Also said that they were going to continue recruiting even though they may have their schollies full because they don't want to be caught short again like they are now with BT leaving being a surprise - apparently they passed on some bigs because they thought BT was coming back. Sounds to me like we may have more signings then spaces.

That's the smart approach. Much better than our prior coach who was seemingly always "saving scholarships" and seemed to have nothing viable brewing to replace players who left like Obi, Clarke and Dixon. He also had two juco recruits who didn't qualify, Antwan Alexander and Brandon Morris, and was left shorthanded. Things happen and you need to be prepared.

On a lighter note. How did people rate the food at the meeting & what was the price of drinks? We went to Humphrey's first & then went to the meeting.

No free food or drinks as last year. The kitchen up open and you could order off the menu - bar and grill food not bad and the prices were not outrageous.

That's the smart approach. Much better than our prior coach who was seemingly always "saving scholarships" and seemed to have nothing viable brewing to replace players who left like Obi, Clarke and Dixon. He also had two juco recruits who didn't qualify, Antwan Alexander and Brandon Morris, and was left shorthanded. Things happen and you need to be prepared.

I looked up Brandon Morris' stats a while back, and we definitely could have used him on that team that won only nine games. Ugh.

No free food or drinks as last year. The kitchen up open and you could order off the menu - bar and grill food not bad and the prices were not outrageous.

How has attendance been? I have not attended a meeting at Chaveitz but did enjoy going to Humphries.

Any thoughts as to which location has been better?

I'm fairly new here so I don't know most of you guys and how you feel, but I thought I'd add, for the record, that Coach Majerus has been nothing but accommodating to me whenever I've had to put a piece together for the UNews. First and last thing he always says is "thanks for taking time to do this. We really appreciate it." He's always answered every question and, like I said, been nothing but cordial. I know some here have sour tastes in their mouths about RickMa, but I've had nothing but great experiences working with him.

Hold it! He didn't tell you to transfer to some DII school? He didn't pull down his sweats? He didn't call you a disgrace to all undergrad reporters? You sure it was RM you were interviewing?

Hold it! He didn't tell you to transfer to some DII school? He didn't pull down his sweats? He didn't call you a disgrace to all undergrad reporters? You sure it was RM you were interviewing?

I'm with you '72. That whole statement about RM being nice sounds like a plant to me. I've got to call BS on that one. Mrs. Majerus please don't post unless you can be truthfull and objective

I'm with you '72. That whole statement about RM being nice sounds like a plant to me. I've got to call BS on that one. Mrs. Majerus please don't post unless you can be truthfull and objective

Skip, if it is true, ie RM was cordial to a student reporter, maybe Broy should request an interview on behalf of the board. Maybe it would change his opinion of RM.