Official Billikens.com Season Record Prediction Thread

SluSignGuy

Every year people post what they think the Billikens' record will be. Post you prediction here. Include ALL regular season and post season games in your prediction.

Also post which player you think will score the most points in a single game (and how many) for fun.

Record 18-12

Conf-9-7

Losses in noncon to BC Kent State, SIU, Creighton an one other fluke game.

Advance to the finals of the A-10 tourney and lose to Xavier. Go to NIT and make the semi finals

Tommie with 32 pts

Every year people post what they think the Billikens' record will be. Post you prediction here. Include ALL regular season and post season games in your prediction.

Also post which player you think will score the most points in a single game (and how many) for fun.

19-11

Lose to X in conf. tourney. (2-1)

Lisch with 30. Tommie will have his best year, but it will be an all-around game

NH & jimbo, your 18 & 19 win predictions are right on the cusp of getting a severe beat-down from Cheeseman. :angry: I predicted 20 wins in the "after H-S" thread and he obviously didn't like it and even challenged me to provide my prediction from last year. He also seemed incensed that I believed that FJ would redshirt. He might want to read my post in the "freshmen cut off from the media" thread as to why I think it would be wise for Femi to redshirt. Obviously, that decision is still up in the air.

My prediction:

20-10 (3 losses OOC and 7 L's in the A-10)/Can't predict tourneys since I don't know who we will play.

High scorer---KL 25 pts. (Avg. 17.6)

NH & jimbo, your 18 & 19 win predictions are right on the cusp of getting a severe beat-down from Cheeseman. :angry: I predicted 20 wins in the "after H-S" thread and he obviously didn't like it and even challenged me to provide my prediction from last year. He also seemed incensed that I believed that FJ would redshirt. He might want to read my post in the "freshmen cut off from the media" thread as to why I think it would be wise for Femi to redshirt. Obviously, that decision is still up in the air.

My prediction:

20-10 (3 losses OOC and 7 L's in the A-10)/Can't predict tourneys since I don't know who we will play.

I remember Cheeseman getting upset about the predictions last year. It is the time of the year to be optimistic who wants to think the worst (or even necessarily rationaly) about their favorite team before the season starts. People get slap with enough reality in the real world and sports is my escape.

20-10 regular season. 10-6 in the conference.

2-1 in the A-10 tourney. We lose to Temple in the title game. Dunphy has a very good team this year.

2-1 in the NIT.

24-12 overall

Tommie scores 38 against Savannah St.

9-7 Conference

9-5 Non-conference

1-1 Conference Tourney

1-1 NIT

20-14 overall

Ruben Cotto 32 points in one of the six scrub buy games.

I see this team going 3-2 in November

Wins: UMSL, Detroit, & Kent State (I know about last year but that was an anomaly like the GW game. Plus they have a new coach and player issues with Chris Singletary).

Losses: BC & Nebraska

4-4 in December possibly 5-3 with a win over DePaul

Wins over Savannah State, Samford, USC(upstate), & Liberty

Losses: SIUC, Creighton, UMBC, & DePaul?

6-2 in January

Wins: UNCA&T, Xavier (upset special), UMass, GW, Richmond, & Fordham

Losses: Temple & Dayton

5-2 in February

Wins: DQ, Richmond, Saint Joseph, Dayton, & St Bonny

Losses: Charlotte & Rhode Island

All these games are winnable but with such a young team who knows. I like how we played Charlotte last year at Charlotte. I thought the officials allowed Charlotte to get away with murder.

2-0 in March

Wins: DQ and LaSalle

20-10 Regular Season

2-1 Conference Tourney

1-1 NIT

23-12 Final Record

Tommie matches his career high at Temple in a loss

28 points

17-13 regular season

0-1 in tourney

no post season

sure hope this doesn't win the prize, but this is most definitely an on the job training season. I sure wish we could have picked up a JUCO PF or C last spring. The guys playing the inside are going to take their lumps.

Lisch and Lidell will each have a 26 pt game.

NH & jimbo, your 18 & 19 win predictions are right on the cusp of getting a severe beat-down from Cheeseman. :) I predicted 20 wins in the "after H-S" thread and he obviously didn't like it and even challenged me to provide my prediction from last year. He also seemed incensed that I believed that FJ would redshirt. He might want to read my post in the "freshmen cut off from the media" thread as to why I think it would be wise for Femi to redshirt. Obviously, that decision is still up in the air.

My prediction:

Ok - first of all, I asked you for your prediction from last year - which you did not provide - only to try to make my point that high expectations for this year may simply be clouded for some who are wishful thinkers. You can pick any record you want - I don't care - but you should not expect everyone to say - Bauman says so so it must be true.

Second, If you thought my response was a beat down you really have thin skin.

Third, my only comment regarding your statement that FJ would be red shirted was that I had only heard RM say that he was concerned about red shirting anyone with only 10 floor players available. I hardly was incensed but now that you brought it up again - today's Post article clearly states that no player except for the Daniel Lisch special circumstance will be red shirted this year.

Finally, I will explain my position one more time for you - 7 freshmen with 2-3 starting, Barry still an unknown quantity as how much he might have improved over last year - remember all the people last year who were convinced that Bryce would be a big contributor? Look at how that turned out, TL and KL the only bonafide known scorers we have. If you look at this objectively, predicting anything but around a 500 season would be illogical.

• 3 weeks later...