Coaching movement that might affect SLU

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

As a SLU fan, this is seriously going to show whether or not Ford can truly recruit... and it could completely screw up SLU

As a Mizzou fan, I'm pumped... but sad for SLU

This is not a bad situation though, knowing they both shouldn't suck

Openly rooting for both teams tends to earn one sideways glances in the billikens.com community.

As a SLU fan, I think Ford has a more solid rep than Martin, so I wouldn't worry too much.

As a Mizzou fan, anything is better than Kim Anderson, who -- while I like him personally -- was overmatched.

4 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

As a SLU fan, this is seriously going to show whether or not Ford can truly recruit... and it could completely screw up SLU

Cool story Truman.

9 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

What a wanker (not gonna dignify this post by calling him a tool)

39 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

You're the worst worst

3 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I have heard he is looking for multiple assistant coaches with players attached. Just something someone told me so it could be completely false. But ya I agree that method seems sketchy.

Can one assume that Ford putting Tate on a 2year deal was foresight regarding the coaching carousel and realizing that Mizzou was going to make a change? 

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Can one assume that Ford putting Tate on a 2year deal was foresight regarding the coaching carousel and realizing that Mizzou was going to make a change? 

Folks let's all remember that Tate came to SLU so he could live with his family, instead of living 120 miles away.

17 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

You could, but it could just as easily be that Ford used the 2 year deal as a bargaining chip to get Tate to come to SLU, rather than to fend off schools that might try to hire him away.

1 hour ago, Bills_06 said:

I find it hard to believe Porter didn't sign LOI because the school announced him as signing and Romar talked about him. You can't talk about just verbal recruits can you? 

BenFred of the post said schools can't put restrictions on player released from LOI so doesn't matter anyways as they should release him if he did sign since they fired the coach. 

21 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

I'm a bigger SLU fan if it makes you feel better 

It doesn't. I've said for years that IMO one can not be a "fan" of two teams. Fan is short for fanatic Are you "fanatical"about both teams? I assume not. You especially cannot be a fan of two teams that compete for fans, recruits, donation money and media attention. 

You can however be a Mizzou football fan and Billiken basketball fan. 

10 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

It doesn't. I've said for years that IMO one can not be a "fan" of two teams. Fan is short for fanatic Are you "fanatical"about both teams? I assume not. You especially cannot be a fan of two teams that compete for fans, recruits, donation money and media attention. 

You can however be a Mizzou football fan and Billiken basketball fan. 

Scalding hot take! I think you can be a pretty big fan of both Mizzou and SLU without much conflict.

Coach A

Overall : 186-121 .606

Conference Titles: 1 reg 0 tournament

NCAA Tournaments : 2/9 years

Coach B

Overall: 331-234 .586 

Conference Titles 1 reg 1 tournament 

NCAA tournaments 6/17 years

Coach C

391-283 .580

Conference Titles 3 regular 2 tournament

ncaa tournament 7/21 years

Congratulations SPUMAC, you hired a guy that has a resume good enough to get him fired from p5 conference teams!