Coaching Candidates

JMM28

Randy Bennett would seem to fit May's criteria. A head coach with a high level of success. Has SLU connections. Runs a clean program. May be tired of getting beat by Gonzaga for the league bid every year in a traditionally one bid league. He could also reopen the Australian pipeline.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy Bennett would seem to fit May's criteria. A head coach with a high level of success. Has SLU connections. Runs a clean program. May be tired of getting beat by Gonzaga for the league bid every year in a traditionally one bid league. He could also reopen the Australian pipeline.

SMC had sanctions not long ago.

I'd be surprised if Capel came to SLU. He had the Arizona State job last year if he wanted it. He didn't take it. If he didn't take that job, probably won't come to SLU.

I think SLU is a better job than ASU. A lot of pressure there, and it is in a very difficult position against its competition. Here, we have a great situation for someone that can coach and recruit well.

Seems to be about the only one mentioned so far that makes sense

I know a candidate that has been informally contacted to gauge his interest. So, the search has begun. He is an assistant on a team that will be in the NCAAs. Known as a great recruiter.

Chris Crutchfield fits the description. Looking forward to the first week of the big dance my favorite week and hopefully by the end of the big dance we will have our new coach and there will be better days to come. It will be nice that the Billiken fans can be excited for next season and hopefully see the type of step by step improvement that Coach Majerus gave us.

How about we offer the #1 player in the country each year and opportunity to be a player / coach?

Good to see a post from Stan Kronke Rican, love the avatar.

I'm sure Whitman is reevaluating his decision last week on Groce today.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2016/03/12/illinois-jaylon-tate-arrested-domestic-battery-charges

Tate is the third member of the Illinois basketball team to be arrested and suspended from the program this season. In August, forward Darius Paul was arrested during a team trip to France and subsequently dismissed from the team. On Feb. 20, forward Leron Black was arrested at a Champaign night club after allegedly pulling a knife on a security guard.

I hate to say it but the Illini program is turning into SPUMAC east with all the run ins this season.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2016/03/12/illinois-jaylon-tate-arrested-domestic-battery-charges

Some upstanding young men right there. Wow. How did Mizzou not get in on these guys? They really whiffed on not landing them. Pulling knives on security guards is definitely worth a Tiger roar.

Tate is the third member of the Illinois basketball team to be arrested and suspended from the program this season. In August, forward Darius Paul was arrested during a team trip to France and subsequently dismissed from the team. On Feb. 20, forward Leron Black was arrested at a Champaign night club after allegedly pulling a knife on a security guard.

I hate to say it but the Illini program is turning into SPUMAC east with all the run ins this season.

Yeah, it kinda works. SPUMAC and SPUIUC. The second one looks sort of Polish or Slavic or something, which matches Chicago. ;)

Some upstanding young men right there. Wow. How did Mizzou not get in on these guys? They really whiffed on not landing them. Pulling knives on security guards is definitely worth a Tiger roar.

I know Leron Black had an offer from Mizzou. Roby played with him in high school at White Station in Memphis along with Chris Chiozza (Florida) and Nych Smith (Fordham).

I know Leron Black had an offer from Mizzou. Roby played with him in high school at White Station in Memphis along with Chris Chiozza (Florida) and Nych Smith (Fordham).

So they did go after him. Unsurprising.

Bennett isn't leaving. He's bulletproof at SMC, has an amazing piece of property where he lives. When he didn't go to Oregon State that was the message he wasn't leaving. Besides, the WCC has been getting 2-3 bids since BYU joined.

As for running a clean program, the current NCAA pribation would say otherwise.

TJ Olzenberger would be a homerun hire. Young, can recruit, Midwest guy and the exact opposite of what we just had. I don't care if he hasn't been a head coach, we just had that and it didn't matter. He would have been Iowa States head coach if it wasn't for the university president wanting an outsider.

TJ Olzenberger would be a homerun hire. Young, can recruit, Midwest guy and the exact opposite of what we just had. I don't care if he hasn't been a head coach, we just had that and it didn't matter. He would have been Iowa States head coach if it wasn't for the university president wanting an outsider.

His resume is captivating. If we dont land a slam dunk giant name hire, then i think he should be on the short list of assistant promotions..

Prohm will be at iowa state for awhile unless one of the blue bloods pursues him. We could probably keep TJ for awhile.