Coaching Candidates

JMM28

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just putting this out there, but Otzelberger is from Milwaukee. The last coach we hired from there worked out pretty well.

Also, if the Iowa State AD had gotten his way after Fred Hoiberg left for the NBA, TJ would be the ISU coach right now. The school president wanted to hire outside, and he won that argument. Thus, ISU hired Steve Prohm.

Just putting this out there, but Otzelberger is from Milwaukee. The last coach we hired from there worked out pretty well.

Also, if the Iowa State AD had gotten his way after Fred Hoiberg left for the NBA, TJ would be the ISU coach right now. The school president wanted to hire outside, and he won that argument. Thus, ISU hired Steve Prohm.

Which in the short term seems to be working out ok. Though I guess as we've seen, it's hard to judge until he's playing with his own players

I bet it was Jeff Capel. He probably impressed Chris May by actually recruiting the top talent in St. Louis. Would he come to SLU?

I'd be surprised if Capel came to SLU. He had the Arizona State job last year if he wanted it. He didn't take it. If he didn't take that job, probably won't come to SLU.