#FireJimCrews

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In hindsight, I am now convinced if we had even a mediocre team/coach we'd have Tatum. We gave him every reason not to come here. Can you imagine him playing with these clowns?!

Doubtful. The 1 and done kids are all going as package deals to elite programs where they can win a title then bolt for the pros. Plus, Coach K could dangle the National Team spot in front of him and the shoe companies can reward their AAU programs for delivering them to their top schools. It really isn't a fair fight anymore.

Tatum is forever off the hook for choosing Duke. He would have de-commited by now anyway

Spot on, I believe the coach might have ruined Tatum if he came.

Doubtful. The 1 and done kids are all going as package deals to elite programs where they can win a title then bolt for the pros. Plus, Coach K could dangle the National Team spot in front of him and the shoe companies can reward their AAU programs for delivering them to their top schools. It really isn't a fair fight anymore.

If JT was gonna play alongside WR, KM, JJ, and MM, and DE, and CE, etc. He would have been a Billiken. He stood no chance of success with this crop of mediocrity and outright suckage.

If we had been able to show him "hey with you we can actually make the elite eight" i firmly believe he would have spent his year here. This team sucks and jayson saw it last year.

God forbid he may have been injured as he consistently got four or five-teamed if he had come here. Literally no other scoring or rebounding threat. He made the right choice in all honesty. This program doesnt need to worry about JT. We need to build up from nothing again. A one-year star isnt what we need. We need KM again.

Something I realized today: much was made of JT playing pick up with the current team at the rec. At the time, many people perceived that as an advantage. However, he may have seen the lack of talent and that could have ultimately been a negative. Granted, there's nothing to confirm this but I wouldn't be surprised.

Something I realized today: much was made of JT playing pick up with the current team at the rec. At the time, many people perceived that as an advantage. However, he may have seen the lack of talent and that could have ultimately been a negative. Granted, there's nothing to confirm this but I wouldn't be surprised.

He was probably thinking "damn I can't win now with a Big 10 power forward, how could I win with these clowns."

Crews needs to be fired right after the Duquesne game on Jan. 30. There will then be 8 games prior to our next game - a good time to begin the rebuild. For the remaining 9 games the departure of JC may re-energize some of the players (namely MY and DR). Play Bishop a lot. One of our few guards who is quick and has some scoring ability. His defense will improve with playing time. Look at how MM improved from his freshman season. Play Reynolds because he competes. Play AY less because he is on his way out. Kick Jolly off the team. Keep playing MN even though it is not pretty at the moment. Hopefully he will show improvement with more playing time. There is no reason to play Hines. There will inevitably be some departures after this season, which is just fine because it will free up scholarships for the new coach. Put Hines back on walk-on status and HOPEFULLY Jolly's scholarship will be freed up, so the new coach will have two at minimum to work with.

Doc Chaifetz reportedly not at yesterday's game. Hopefully it doesn't mean that he has lost interest in the program, rather he is putting his money together for the JC buyout and the hiring of the new coach.

If only Jolly had started a fist fight with Crews, this could have been dealt with much sooner... Would have forced Pestello's hand.

Jolly should just go to sleep listening to John Cheney's press conferences from his days at Temple.

-we are talking about Saint Louis University, unless something way, way out of the ordinary happens Crews will finish the season - a fist fight with a player might do it, might not

-MM got better because he had a coach that both knew what he wanted and how to instruct the player

-I don't know if just playing a player will make them better, if they keep getting beat on d and ineffective on o it could take whatever confidence they have

-btw, who taught MN to have so many moving parts in his free throw shot? years ago the grade school coach fixed that for my team

Would pulling Gillmann's scholarship really be the best idea after all the hand-wringing over the program's relationship with local coaches?

I have no idea what local coaches think of the program. Gillmann isn't an A10 talent. Hines is local too, should he stay on scholly? If the new coach tried to force out Zeke Moore before next season then that would be pretty bad for local recruiting.

mike mccall as a freshman was 2000x faster than bishop and a far better passer and shooter. what you are seeing from bishop is a comparison to the rest of this horrible roster. the fact he cannot keep any player in front of him defensively tells you all you need to know about his lateral quickness. to insinuate that freshman mccall = bishop is insane. mccall, jett, evans and loe no doubt improved a lot from freshman year until their senior seasons, but let's not compare them to anyone on this roster please. we do not have a comparable player on this roster.

roby and yarbrough sitting is a very bad sign. no information, but the fact neither played considering their athleticism and size compared to the rest of the roster speaks volumes. this whole scenario rings very close to the last year of grawer when players were walking off the floor in games, transferring in the dead of night, etc. the difference is that grawers bad boys were actually decent players who just had bad attitudes. here we have bad players with apparently bad attitudes. that boggles my mind. these kids are dreaming if they think they have any professional basketball future, one would think getting a degree at one of the best catholic universities in the world would be incentive enough to "do their jobs" in a mature fashion. instead they get themselves benched and suspended?

i have never been an advocate of "running off players". imo, it is the job of the coach to coach talent and develop them the best they can be improved, afterall the coach brought them here. but i have also said, if they are not good students, if they are not good citizens if they are not good teamates, the deal should be off. how close we are to the deal being "off" is anyone's guess as slu hasnt given us any details. but no doubt there is a storm brewing.

I have no idea what local coaches think of the program. Gillmann isn't an A10 talent. Hines is local too, should he stay on scholly? If the new coach tried to force out Zeke Moore before next season then that would be pretty bad for local recruiting.

It was a nice gesture to give Hines a scholarship for a year (and even some playing time now!) after sticking it out through last season. But his situation seems totally different than Gillmann's, who was the first local player brought in on scholarship in a long time. Would ditching him after a two year trainwreck really send the message SLU wants, especially when there are probably going to be plenty of roster spots to work with already? I don't pretend to know as much about the local bball coaches as some on here. But I do remember all the gnashing of teeth in the media on that subject during the Majerus years, so it seems worth questioning.

Are you talking mid season or end of year?

I believe a mid season firing won't happen, but I hope it will be done the day after the last game.

The only way I buy season tickets next year is if Crews is gone. Not signing up for another year of this.

We haven't recruited a decent local player since Soderberg left. It's not like any of them are trying to steer their good players to us.