Congratulations

Now that Chris May has won this major award, it’s the absolute perfect time for SLU leadership to talk and interview all staff and coaches and find out what makes him the best in the business. Wouldn’t it be great to hear it straight from the people who know best? This is priceless. Chaifetz should’ve gotten the award this year! He’s the real AD! Thank god! lol 

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this

Seriously who did he have to get to nominate him to win this? This is the year he wins? Mbb terrible, wbb sub .500 but paying to play in WNIT and that wins you AD of the Year? Am I missing something here? Did Travis Ford nominate him? In reality thank god for Dr Chaifetz. He's the one totally in charge of hiring new coach. Again, thank god. Chris May is and always has been a puppet. I just think timing is hysterical and so forced. I hope others see through this too. Can’t make it up. None of it. He would thrive being a PR man for Kim Jong Un in North Korea. 

I don't know the criteria or care. Maybe it's a lifetime achievement type thing like many NCAA awards are. Maybe it's due to his undoubtedly good fundraising or the champions center. Maybe it's due to strong academics tied to solid success in non men's basketball sports. It doesn't really matter. Good for May and good for SLU. If it helps SLU's reputation I'm good with it. 

Or maybe it's because he said no to Ahearn

13 minutes ago, slu92 said:

Now that Chris May has won this major award, it’s the absolute perfect time for SLU leadership to talk and interview all staff and coaches and find out what makes him the best in the business. Wouldn’t it be great to hear it straight from the people who know best? This is priceless. Chaifetz should’ve gotten the award this year! He’s the real AD! Thank god! lol 

Lol what the f uck

WTAF???   Public high schools laugh at your baseball facilities.   I think your tennis teams play in another state.   You wasted millions from your major donors on a needless buyout of your failed head basketball coach.  You built a Champions Center that most of your student athletes have no value in.   Your staff kind of think you are a d-bag.   Give this clown an award.   

This is the kinda thing you network with your buds to try and save your neck.  Other nominees in our division Siena, Bradley, Utah Valley that's some heavy hitters.

I do appreciate how the AD can't tweet the final score to a men's BB game but can pump up this Weiner.

It might move the needle with some influential BoTs, but I hope writing that $10mil buyout check matters just a bit more when it comes to evaluating Director May.

https://nacda.com/news/2024/3/20/nacda-nacda-announces-2023-24-athletics-directors-of-the-year.aspx

1 minute ago, JMM28 said:

ADs nominate themselves for this award. Like most industry awards, its a joke. 

It's like when you're in 8th grade and they try and get you to pay $30 to be in Who's Who book that is just a list of names of people who paid to be included.

JMM28 and almaman like this

5 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

It's like when you're in 8th grade and they try and get you to pay $30 to be in Who's Who book that is just a list of names of people who paid to be included.

I love reading the "Top Lawyers/Doctors in STL" and the "40 under 40" lists because we all know these people are paying to be included. 

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this

Just now, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I love reading the "Top Lawyers/Doctors in STL" and the "40 under 40" lists because we all know these people are paying to be included. 

Yeah I read them when I'm flying.  

One time I got picked up in an Uber by "Austin's most eligible bachelor" from a few years prior. Dude was a friend of a friend, his sister started a company SPI Belt (those small running fanny pack things). 

I long for the day Chris May is driving an Uber.  

15 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

One time I got picked up in an Uber by "Austin's most eligible bachelor" from a few years prior. Dude was a friend of a friend, his sister started a company SPI Belt (those small running fanny pack things). 

46 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Maybe it's because he said no to Ahearn

Love this 

Soderball likes this

32 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Maybe it gets him in the AD office over in Columbia? They do have a vacancy…

The AD U of Wash hired away from Tulane a few months ago just left Seattle for Lincoln, Nebraska. Maybe Chris May should pack a slicker and an umbrella and head out west?

21 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

The one St. Louisan I see in those magazines every time I fly is Dr. Brinton (Brinton Vision). It's usually a profile pic of him with the words "I WENT TO HARVARD" in bold 32 font pasted diagonally across his body. He likes to get that out of the way quickly (as evidenced by his website's "About me" page where his alma mater is mentioned in the second sentence of his bio). Don't think he drives an uber though...

6 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

The one St. Louisan I see in those magazines every time I fly is Dr. Brinton (Brinton Vision). It's usually a profile pic of him with the words "I WENT TO HARVARD" in bold 32 font pasted diagonally across his body. He likes to get that out of the way quickly (as evidenced by his website's "About me" page where his alma mater is mentioned in the second sentence of his bio). Don't think he drives an uber though...

Once played a game of slosh ball (kickball with kegs as bases) vs some Harvard and Stanford grads up on Lake Champlain my SLU education was superior that day. Was nominated by slosh ball magazine as regional over 30s player of the week. I bet Dr Brinton sucks at sloshball.

5 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Maybe we’re going about this wrong. We should prop him up to be hired away! 

Or maybe he's doing that because there's heat.  We can only hope

38 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Maybe we’re going about this wrong. We should prop him up to be hired away! 

Kind if strange that an AD of the year can spend 16 years at a program like SLU and have escaped the eye of high major programs that whole time.  You think one of them would have spotted such greatness.  Can't figure that one out.  It doesn't seem fair.