SLU Men's Basketball Head Coaching Candidates

3 hours ago, courtside said:

Biting the hand that feeds you is…………a strategy. 

What an arrogant prick you are.  You don't feed anyone on the board.  Your expertise is soccer which seriously about 10 people care about.  If you have info share it like everybody else does.  Problem is you are fake insider troll that knows more about Vanderbilt than SLU.  

slufan13 likes this

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Did he really say this?!

Man, that guy hasn't changed a bit from the abusive sports dad getting kicked out of the gym during his son's games.

Troy was a one-dimensional HS player who could shoot and had really weird form. He went to Arkansas State, never played (the coach's fault, I'm sure), and transferred to UMSL. He's the 39th leading scorer in UMSL history. The idea that he'd be playing alongside Lee and McKinney is laughable. Set aside the fact that neither of them ever wanted to go to SLU, but if Troy were going to get a scholarship on a team with those two, he would be the 13th guy by a landslide and lucky to get garbage time minutes. Not someone who shares the court with stars.

Slaten said if hypothetically Ahearn had been the coach in 2004 the Billikens starting lineup would have included Mckinney, David Lee, and Troy at the 2.  Troy was a decent D-2 player nothing more.  They both believe he was robbed of a possible NBA career.

1 minute ago, thetorch said:

Slaten said if hypothetically Ahearn had been the coach in 2004 the Billikens starting lineup would have included Mckinney, David Lee, and Troy at the 2.  Troy was a decent D-2 player nothing more.  They both believe he was robbed of a possible NBA career.

Amazing.

2 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Saw him the opening night of the Chaifetz when we played UMSL. Recall Lisch eating his lunch.

40 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

In assessing whather a coach would be a good fit for SLU I think you need to answer four questions:

What kind of offense does he run?

What kind of defense does he run?

What level of player does he need to run those schemes?

Will his teams be able to defend well enough to win in the A10?

Other than when talking about Schertz and McCollum,  I've seen very little discussion about the first two questions and nothing at all about the last two.

You're right and I've mostly only dived into Schertz's 5 out offense not his defense.  I have mentioned that he is able to find players for his system.  Avila is a 2 star whose best offer was DePaul.  Swopes is a transfer from Southern Indiana. So he doesn't rely on top level talent but smart players that fit his system, key being a big man than can pass on the perimeter.

He had the most efficient offense in the nation and a defense ranked about 100 by KenPom.  That'll get it done in the A10 is my guess.

I'm more of a big picture guy not the most knowledgeable on Xs and Os. 

McCollum I don't know about. Is Brey a possibility?  I don't know about his system either.  I'm hoping it's not Cuonzo.

14 minutes ago, DOC said:

Oh, and if you don’t agree with them they will name call you for lack of a response. Ya, boards a lot better off. 

We have a private board anyway. But I have to own Chris when he takes my clear and obvious bait

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

Slaten is a doofus who just spouts stupidity non-stop. Why anyone with a brain would give him a radio show I have no idea.

15 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Slaten is a doofus who just spouts stupidity non-stop. Why anyone with a brain would give him a radio show I have no idea.

Because St. Louis thrives on nepotism and parochialism.

39 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

We have a private board anyway. But I have to own Chris when he takes my clear and obvious bait

In addition to posting here 30 times a day you’re telling me you guys have another private board you post about SLU all day? Actually, have to respect the game. Carry on. 

Lando Griffin likes this

30 minutes ago, DOC said:

In addition to posting here 30 times a day you’re telling me you guys have another private board you post about SLU all day? Actually, have to respect the game. Carry on. 

Yeah man are you expecting me to play dinosaurs with my kids all day? 

Lord Elrond and DOC like this

5 hours ago, The Wiz said:

To your point...take an 8th place team with a 9-9 record...should a team like that be Dancing?...The answer is yes,  if the team is Texas...almost a lock to get in. The argument  that the NET and the Committee would make is,  it is harder to finish 8th in the B12 than to finish 2nd in the A10. This year it worked out pretty nice for the A-10 but most years not so much....btw any extra mid major bids... the Committee will "fix" using the seeding system.

And whether people agree with any of this doesn't matter....that is the way the system(computer and people) is set up.

I think what you say about the NCAA Selection committee is correct in every way. I think that in fact Texas with a 9-9 record is likely to be able to beat just about any team in the A-10.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Worked well for them with Ryan Day.

But man we have PTSD from Crews. If they go in house that's less dominoes falling.

laker119 likes this

20 hours ago, Schasz said:

Take it you are on a first name basis with Courtside!

Lol. It’s a bit where they think I’m Chris May. Brian from SLU’s Athletic Department posted it here previously. Similar to Chris May, I’m not on social media and I don’t have a Twitter account. I laughed. But no, I’m not Chris May. Some would be disappointed to know however that he is popular with SLU boosters. 

It was a way to distract from being unable to discuss the topic. 

34 minutes ago, courtside said:

Lol. It’s a bit where they think I’m Chris May. Brian from SLU’s Athletic Department posted it here previously. Similar to Chris May, I’m not on social media and I don’t have a Twitter account. I laughed. But no, I’m not Chris May. Some would be disappointed to know however that he is popular with SLU boosters. 

It was a way to distract from being unable to discuss the topic. 

I am sure you are correct about his popularity but just because a person has money doesn't mean they are right.