You think you have problems

You think you guys have problems.  Take a look at the Detroit Titans.  

Our AD has been a mess for 10 years.  The department itself a hot mess for 10+ years.  New University Prez wants basketball to succeed; however, is shy about firing anyone.

Talk of allowing our coach to last another year.  On pace for an Ofer - 2023-2024 season!!  

Stopped posting on the Detroit board.  The slappies did not like the reality checks.  At least your community has healthy discussions!

With the whole new college sports landscape, maybe the Jesuit community would pull together!  Detroit would only receive half help as the Sisters have taken control of our University…

https://udtitanbasketball.freeforums.net/board/2/talk-detroit-titans

Good luck on your coach search, and improvements to the baseball program.  At least you have one.  We dumped baseball after almost 100 seasons!  

5 minutes ago, Titan M said:

Our AD has been a mess for 10 years.  The department itself a hot mess for 10+ years.  New University Prez wants basketball to succeed; however, is shy about firing anyone.

Talk of allowing our coach to last another year.  On pace for an Ofer - 2023-2024 season!!  

Stopped posting on the Detroit board.  The slappies did not like the reality checks.  At least your community has healthy discussions!

With the whole new college sports landscape, maybe the Jesuit community would pull together!  Detroit would only receive half help as the Sisters have taken control of our University…

Good luck on your coach search, and improvements to the baseball program.  At least you have one.  We dumped baseball after almost 100 seasons!  

I Ain't Reading All That | Know Your Meme680 × 253

GoSluBills and TRN like this

45 minutes ago, Titan M said:

Archie Tully’s for AD!!!!

Detroit is the new Chicago St. Yikes.

One thing that always bugged me about Detroit.  Dick Vitale has been the face of college basketball for decades, his claim to fame was being Detroit's HC.  Detroit never has used his status to their advantage, ever.  It seems they even ignore it.  It's too late now but I would have had Vitale schill every chance he got for the school and help you out with hiring and marketing.

My computer has a suggestion for you...schedule MS Valley St Delta Devils ...the only other winless D-1 team...Det by 3.  Unfortunately , it shows no real world wins.  In searching the computer world, my computer shows KenPom has you down for a win on Valentine's Day over IUPUI by 4.  Sadly, my machine shows you losing to them by 5.  

I would say any win this season would definitely be a rush the court moment for the Titans.   Good luck

majerus mojo likes this

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

Detroit is the new Chicago St. Yikes.

One thing that always bugged me about Detroit.  Dick Vitale has been the face of college basketball for decades, his claim to fame was being Detroit's HC.  Detroit never has used his status to their advantage, ever.  It seems they even ignore it.  It's too late now but I would have had Vitale schill every chance he got for the school and help you out with hiring and marketing.

Go Titans. Hope you get a win. Vitale had that program rolling in the late 70s and should have stayed with college hoops rather than take the Pistons job. Saw the Titans in the NIT a year or two after he left and they had some studs on the court.

Of course, Vitale got “The Ziggy” as he calls getting fired right when ESPN arrived and it’s worked out pretty well for him.

Detroit gave us my favorite NY Knick, Dave DeBusschere. Reminded me a lot of Conklin, a real beast. 

And of course, gave us the 'early out', Spencer Haywood.

Miracles can happen, look at St Peter's from 2 years ago and Loyola from 5 years ago.

I believe Marquette and Dayton joined right before The Great Midwest move

On 2/10/2024 at 7:11 AM, Titan M said:

Yeah but does your coach try to fight opposing fans?

Lord Elrond likes this

TY for the feedback:)!

College football with the SEC - Big 10 / almost 20 meetings are going to send a strong message to the NCAA soon.

How the Jesuit schools that can and are making noise in the NCAA will be quite interesting how they respond and move forward…

What if the Jesuit schools combined forces?  Would it work?  Would it go broke?  

Interesting times in college athletics.

https://ajcunet.edu/about/colleges-universities/

9 minutes ago, Titan M said:

TY for the feedback:)!

College football with the SEC - Big 10 / almost 20 meetings are going to send a strong message to the NCAA soon.

How the Jesuit schools that can and are making noise in the NCAA will be quite interesting how they respond and move forward…

What if the Jesuit schools combined forces?  Would it work?  Would it go broke?  

Interesting times in college athletics.

https://ajcunet.edu/about/colleges-universities/

This has never been discussed on this board before. 

JettFlight5 likes this

12 minutes ago, Brighton said:

This place is in desperate need for new voices, and this is how you treat him/her, of course, I shouldn't be surprised.

Yes the Billiken message board needs a Detroit Mercy fan whining about their program here. Get off the cross we need the wood. Perhaps your cousin is Chris Broussard? 

A fan of Jesuit basketball since my days at Dear ‘ol UofD.  One of my NCAA pools always has an all Jesuit Final 4 if possible.

Enjoy when the Jesuit teams beat an ACC, Big 10/20 or other self proclaimed power school.

Not whining just looking for perspective.

Good luck on your coaching search!  

Box and Won likes this

9 minutes ago, Titan M said:

A fan of Jesuit basketball since my days at Dear ‘ol UofD.  One of my NCAA pools always has an all Jesuit Final 4 if possible.

Enjoy when the Jesuit teams beat an ACC, Big 10/20 or other self proclaimed power school.

Thanks for the luck, one thing I’m convinced of is that we’ll need all the luck we can get. Hope Detroit figures it out, you guys have suffered through more lousy basketball than anyone should have to deal with.

2 hours ago, Titan M said:

Since you are still here, I will give you an update.  KenPom still has you down for a 5 pt win tomorrow against IUPUI (projected as your only win for the entire season).  Unfortunately, my spread for that game has worsened.  IUPUI by 7.   Pray for KenPom results.

I live out of MI so unfortunately not able to join him - lol

Ohio State getting in front of the new coach hiring curve today.

Smart IMO to get out in front to learn who is available.  Word of advice DO NOT hire the father-son OR player with Dad who becomes part of the staff.  Most times does not work…  Creighton a rare exception.

• 4 weeks later...

As Paul Harvey would say…  Noe for the rest of the story…

Our horrible at picking coaches AD is still in charge…

Detroit decided to “mutually” part ways with Davis today.

https://detroittitans.com/news/2024/3/7/mens-basketball-university-of-detroit-mercy-and-mens-head-basketball-coach-mike-davis-mutually-agree-to-part-ways.aspx

Will be watching how SLU proceeds.

4 hours ago, Titan M said:

As Paul Harvey would say…  Noe for the rest of the story…

Our horrible at picking coaches AD is still in charge…

Detroit decided to “mutually” part ways with Davis today.

https://detroittitans.com/news/2024/3/7/mens-basketball-university-of-detroit-mercy-and-mens-head-basketball-coach-mike-davis-mutually-agree-to-part-ways.aspx

Will be watching how SLU proceeds.

I gotta say, that 1-31 record this year is not going to look good on Mike Davis’s resume. Doubt he will draw much interest from SLU as a potential new coach. But, we did hire Jim Crews, so who knows.

From the National Championship game to 1-31 in 22 years. Now that’s what I call a downward career arc. Hmm, a potential landing spot for CTF? 

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

From the National Championship game to 1-31 in 22 years. Now that’s what I call a downward career arc. Hmm, a potential landing spot for CTF? 

?

edit: nvm read this wrong. sheesh ya thats.... something