Join A Grassroots Movement for Change of AD and MBB Coach

TheA_Bomb

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

There’s absolutely no point in even thinking about it. About as likely as 2 grand slams in one inning 

Which I think means you should fire Travis now and see if you can salvage anything out of this season. Go on a run under Harriman and you get your buyout money, although I don't think anyone is coaching this team to an NCAA Tournament from this spot. If nothing else we have some fun watching a different take.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

Which I think means you should fire Travis now and see if you can salvage anything out of this season.

There really doesn’t seem to be a point to keeping him until the end of the season at this point. Worst thing that could happen is we lose more games, but it looks like that’s going to happen anyway. We’ll be facing a rebuilding year next year, but we are already facing a rebuilding season anyway. 

Opening up the job at least gives SLU you’d think a head start now. Bruce Weber and Tubby Smith, Larry Brown come on down! Don’t forget about Tim Floyd and Gene Keady as dark horse candidates….Chris Mays coaching wishlist starts and ends with an 80/90’s era retread. I’m just preparing myself mentally now. 

17 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Which I think means you should fire Travis now and see if you can salvage anything out of this season. Go on a run under Harriman and you get your buyout money, although I don't think anyone is coaching this team to an NCAA Tournament from this spot. If nothing else we have some fun watching a different take.

It absolutely cannot get worse.  Maybe we’re just waiting till we get a little closer to March so the players ride the hot wave 

17 minutes ago, Slufan10 said:

What are the chances the next coach retains Corey Tate as an assistant? Really hope we keep him.

Tate has helped SLU just as much as me the last few years. His connections to STL kids has dried up. 

10 minutes ago, slu92 said:

Opening up the job at least gives SLU you’d think a head start now. Bruce Weber and Tubby Smith, Larry Brown come on down! Don’t forget about Tim Floyd and Gene Keady as dark horse candidates….Chris Mays coaching wishlist starts and ends with an 80/90’s era retread. I’m just preparing myself mentally now. 

Don’t forget about Barry Hinson

slu92 likes this

We are much more likely to lose out than win more than 1 game in the A10 tourney.  It might be 50/50 that we win another game all year.

1 hour ago, slu92 said:

Why not Hubbie Brown ? I guess he’s too young. 

10 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

We’ll be facing a rebuilding year next year, but we are already facing a rebuilding season anyway. 

With NIL and the right coach, that might not be the case anymore. I would have said that too until we played Utah St this year.

28 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

We are now #257 in NET. Fortunately, we still are ahead of SIUE #266, and Lindenwood #353. Maybe the entire St. Louis metro area is cursed?

Only Lindenwood has an excuse as this is their second year in division 1.

Rich Grawer is available.  May was looking at Spoon and Majerus but was told they’re dead.

He wanted to follow up with them because they’d be cheaper, and maybe they could get some sod on the baseball field along with putting up lights.

1 hour ago, TRN said:

Rich Grawer is available.  May was looking at Spoon and Majerus but was told they’re dead.

He wanted to follow up with them because they’d be cheaper, and maybe they could get some sod on the baseball field along with putting up lights.

A cardboard cutout of Majerus would have a better record than Ford this year. 

NextYearBill likes this

18 hours ago, Slufan10 said:

What are the chances the next coach retains Corey Tate as an assistant? Really hope we keep him.

If they’re smart, they’ll launch him first thing. Realistically there’s no one on the current roster worth keeping so there’s no point in keeping any assistants. Fresh start. 

thatskablamo likes this

17 hours ago, JMM28 said:

If they’re smart, they’ll launch him first thing. Realistically there’s no one on the current roster worth keeping so there’s no point in keeping any assistants. Fresh start. 

This. It has to be a scorched earth policy. It’s a liquidation. Everything must go.