GDT: SLU v. Vermont

SluSignGuy

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

The number of wide open threes is just comical.  This is exactly the same program as the last 2-3 years, only worse. 

Any team that shoots threes and isn’t garbage otherwise will win every time until ford is gone

and then he won’t play Bruce at all but today in a game he doesn’t belong in he plays him the whole second half….

15 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

This team is being coached to play exactly the same way as the last two years, only the players are worse.  How Ford kept his job is beyond me, and how he decided “we are going to change nothing” is even further beyond me. 

I know it's fashionable to trash Ford but he has changed everything today. He has tried every defense in the books. 

billiken_roy likes this

2 minutes ago, willie said:

I know it's fashionable to trash Ford but he has changed everything today. He has tried every defense in the books. 

Roster composition. Probably a different game with Parker.

He's recruiting guys that are too short. This is big time basketball and we got romped by an America East team.

2 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Roster composition. Probably a different game with Parker.

He's recruiting guys that are too short. This is big time basketball and we got romped by an America East team.

I am not trying to overly defend Ford but don't say he never changes things. 

4 minutes ago, willie said:

Here is the problem...........

People have posted that same thing or similar way too many times over the last 8 seasons.  The only one constant in that time is Travis Ford.  Some point he needs to get the blame from everyone.

I am sorry but if Parker had played, we still would have been badly beaten.  Parker may have helped in scoring but our defense was pathetic.  Ford has never really been able to teach defending the 3 and that problem reared its ugly head today again.  Everybody knew the Cats could shoot the 3 but we were not able to even come close to stopping it.  Yesterday was a mirage today I hope is not the reality but maybe something in the middle is it.  I agree, Ford changed things during the game but what good is changing if all it gets is the same results - were the changes made actually well taught/practice who knows but clearly it meant nothing.