BRUCE CLEARED TO PLAY

AGB91

5 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Are Magassa and Ezewiro also on the report? 

No ...they have fallen off the report without explanation.  Usually a school will leave them on until things have  cleared.   Last weekend was the last report on Eze & Mag and at that time it said ...out indefinitely ...waiver eligibility issues...their disappearance from the report  is strange too. 

Ah ...never a dull moment as a Bills fan

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

No ...they have fallen off the report without explanation.  Usually a school will leave them on until things have  cleared.   Last weekend was the last report on Eze & Mag and at that time it said ...out indefinitely ...waiver eligibility issues...their disappearance from the report  is strange too. 

Looking at a third party website, Covers.com, there are numerous "out for season - eligibility" and 'out indefinitely - eligibility' listed.  Have to be 2X guys.  https://www.covers.com/sport/basketball/ncaab/injuries

These third party sites have to be pulling from a singular data base.  That data base has to be from the NCAA.   So while individual schools certainly would be the source of injuries, would they also be the source of the NCAA eligibility level issues?  The NCAA would have no knowledge of injuries, but certainly would be the knowledge and 'authority' on eligibility issues that they control. 

Curious.  I found 16 other players besides Zhang with out indefinitely - eligibility listings on this site.

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

17 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

I read Stu's report and things still don't make sense....If he is available why would they put Zhang as out indefinitely after Stu's 1st report?  If it was a mistake,  why wouldn't they fix it?

And if Eze and Mag are still out why would they make a special effort to remove their "out indefinitely " report?

The answer is...we are trying to fake out ILST.  Will it work?...stay tuned ...news at 7

23 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I read Stu's report and things still don't make sense....If he is available why would they put Zhang as out indefinitely after Stu's 1st report?  If it was a mistake,  why wouldn't they fix it?

And if Eze and Mag are still out why would they make a special effort to remove their "out indefinitely " report?

The answer is...we are trying to fake out ILST.  Will it work?...stay tuned ...news at 7

Just doing some googling, maybe the NCAA injury/eligibility report isn't mandatory.  It appears that it wasn't as of August 21, 2023 in this linked article from Sports Handle.  Looks like betting impacts are/were the concern then.  It is an interesting subject to discuss. 

https://sportshandle.com/ncaa-college-football-injury-report-discussions/.

NCAA inactive on injury reporting

Despite Kelly’s decision, the prospect of NCAA-wide injury reporting hasn’t gained traction.

An NCAA spokesperson told Sports Handle that injury reports haven’t been a recent topic of discussion for the organization. The NCAA’s most recent public statement on the topic came back in August of 2019, when it decided it wouldn’t implement mandatory injury reporting. 

The 2019 press release from the NCAA said that a committee on sports wagering determined official injury reporting “would not advance student-athlete well-being nor the integrity of competition.” NCAA executives have stressed the importance of learning more about sports betting’s impact on athletes, but injury reporting has yet to come up in those recent conversations. 

8 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Just doing some googling, maybe the NCAA injury/eligibility report isn't mandatory.  It appears that it wasn't as of August 21, 2023 in this linked article from Sports Handle.  Looks like betting impacts are/were the concern then.  It is an interesting subject to discuss. 

https://sportshandle.com/ncaa-college-football-injury-report-discussions/.

NCAA inactive on injury reporting

Despite Kelly’s decision, the prospect of NCAA-wide injury reporting hasn’t gained traction.

An NCAA spokesperson told Sports Handle that injury reports haven’t been a recent topic of discussion for the organization. The NCAA’s most recent public statement on the topic came back in August of 2019, when it decided it wouldn’t implement mandatory injury reporting. 

The 2019 press release from the NCAA said that a committee on sports wagering determined official injury reporting “would not advance student-athlete well-being nor the integrity of competition.” NCAA executives have stressed the importance of learning more about sports betting’s impact on athletes, but injury reporting has yet to come up in those recent conversations. 

If it’s not required, why submit an incorrect one? Would not the easy thing be to just ignore it? I’m  sorry, this just keeps getting weirder in my opinion 

The Wiz likes this

2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Bruce is dressed and shooting with the team.   

Ok, then someone in SLU just submitted an incorrect report on his status, and never bothered to fix it, but it didn’t matter because it was never a required thing anyway. Looks like more inattention to detail on the part of the AD, so the solution the AD will take is to never acknowledge they made a mistake in the first place. I would prefer that they they just admit they made a mistake in submitting that form in the first place, because the first step in fixing a problem is admitting you have a problem in the first place, which is not something the SLU AD does. This thing is done.

16 hours ago, The Wiz said:

It ain’t easy for sure. Especially the way we continue to turn blowouts into nail biters. 

37 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

The AD sits one section over from me. He has not been at the last two games. I have no idea if this is related or not. Just stating my observation.

Probably conflicts with his bridge night

5 hours ago, Billikenbooster said:

The AD sits one section over from me. He has not been at the last two games. I have no idea if this is related or not. Just stating my observation.

He did miss Senior night for Volleyball, usually he’s there for that at all sports, but Dr Janet took his place

52 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Abducted by aliens? 

Maybe he'll save us all and pull an Urban Meyer at UF, step down for "Health Reasons".

Aliens.jpg