Transfers - 2023

ACE

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Mark Adams quoted a Bible verse with horrible optics given his audience.  Ten years ago his comment would have gotten an eye roll.  Today he is forced to resign.  Ten years from now a dirty look may get you fired.  I don't this level of sensitivity is sustainable.

It's also possible (or likely) that TTU wanted him gone and he gave them an easy out. He was not having a good season.

Creighton HC Greg McDermott also made a really awkward slavery-adjacent kind of comment to his team (twice), was suspended one game, and continues to coach there without his career being defined by it. Creighton has been ranked almost the entire time and has made the Sweet Sixteen, second round, and Elite Eight since the incident.

Funny how that works.

Weird time for sure, there were plenty of calls in and out of Creighton for Mcdermott to be fired after his absurd plantation comments, they also lost one of their top recruits, TyTy Washington, after these comments came out. Team basically turned their back on him for the remainder of that season following those comments as well. Everything has turned around for Creighton, but at the time this was a big big issue with the team. 

Tough decision on the intention of these comments, etc. but in my opinion both Adams and McDermott's comments were so insane and misguided that both could have justifiably been fired.  

9 minutes ago, gabriel said:

Weird time for sure, there were plenty of calls in and out of Creighton for Mcdermott to be fired after his absurd plantation comments, they also lost one of their top recruits, TyTy Washington, after these comments came out. Team basically turned their back on him for the remainder of that season following those comments as well. Everything has turned around for Creighton, but at the time this was a big big issue with the team. 

Tough decision on the intention of these comments, etc. but in my opinion both Adams and McDermott's comments were so insane and misguided that both could have justifiably been fired.  

This is what I'm talking about.  By that standard we've been surrounded by insane people our whole lives.  We've worked with them, we've gone to school with them, we're in-laws with them.

The real world is not a message board filter.  We can't just get rid of everybody that we find offensive. This is not sustainable.

bauman and gabriel like this

11 minutes ago, gabriel said:

Theres a reason Mark Adams got a multi million dollar buyout from Texas Tech over this situation. 

Just now, gabriel said:

There's also a reason he didn't get the full 7.5 million buyout that he would've had they fired him without cause...

Because he got paid it all up front with no offset? And got all bonuses due to him for the season where he was forced to resign? 

2 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Because he got paid it all up front with no offset? And got all bonuses due to him for the season where he was forced to resign? 

https://www.lubbockonline.com/story/sports/college/red-raiders/2023/03/10/texas-tech-former-coach-mark-adams-agree-to-settlement/69996002007/

If that comes out to 3.5 million dollars then my point is mute 

1 minute ago, gabriel said:

Exactly my point. He got it all up front. He didn't have to worry about offsets for future jobs. There are tax reasons you take a lump sum as well. That is a fairly common practice in coach firings. 

37 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Another 2x approval 

Here’s the real story. UC said they were going to sue and get the NCAA on record with these things. NCAA capitulated within hours. The ncaa originally said that it wasn’t better for his mental health to be in Cincinnati because he’s not from there. 

Like I said it's ludacris to have a panel of strangers reviewing intimate details of student athletes lives to determine if their mental health claim has merit.  Invasion of privacy and rife with issues. If SLU had and ballz they'd add it to every transfer packet and also sue. 

But we won't.  We don't even want to take advantage of MO state law that would help with HS recruiting. Might as well drop down to D2 or NAIA.

1 hour ago, Cowboy II said:

-why didn't WVU threaten to sue the NCAA?

Maybe they will. Give them time court's and lawyers off for the holiday.

Also I get it SLU won't sue.  It's just so tiresome to always be Mr. Nice guy and never have any edge or get the results we want.  Other schools ruthlessly pursue winning.  

19 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Maybe they will. Give them time court's and lawyers off for the holiday.

Also I get it SLU won't sue.  It's just so tiresome to always be Mr. Nice guy and never have any edge or get the results we want.  Other schools ruthlessly pursue winning.  

So has every waiver denial sued the NCAA?  Curious if you know. 

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

So has every waiver denial sued the NCAA?  Curious if you know. 

You're so tiresome. Go find some more X posts to share. At least that serves a purpose. 

JMM28 likes this

5 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

So you don’t know?  I thought you said ALL OTHER SCHOOLS ruthlessly pursue winning. Did I misinterpret your remark?

I'm sorry I was harsh with you. I realize you're very excited that AOL is now in Gary and you're eager to share your expansive college basketball knowledge.  Apparently the concept of hyperbole hasn't made it to Gary yet. You see it's the usage of exaggeration for effect. Very common in the world wide web, message boards as this isn't a court of law or journalistic endeavor.

However, to address your point directly. Every school that I know threatened legal action the NCAA has acquiesced.

To further help you understand the purpose of my posts I'll simplify.  Other schools are willing to do more to win.  They utilize the Missouri state NIL law.  Or they get tough with the NCAA either through the court of public opinion, actual court or threatening a suit. 

SLU seems unwilling to go to such lengths.  SLU doesn't win.  SLU is back sliding.  Is it a coincidence?

I was at practice yesterday and talked to Brad for a little bit.  He is a nice kid and wants to be out there bad.  He said he is just waiting and is hopeful.  He didn't practice during the 4 v 4 scrimmages but he looks like a man amongst boys on our front line.  The dude is huge.

15 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I'm sorry I was harsh with you. I realize you're very excited that AOL is now in Gary and you're eager to share your expansive college basketball knowledge.  Apparently the concept of hyperbole hasn't made it to Gary yet. You see it's the usage of exaggeration for effect. Very common in the world wide web, message boards as this isn't a court of law or journalistic endeavor.

However, to address your point directly. Every school that I know threatened legal action the NCAA has acquiesced.

To further help you understand the purpose of my posts I'll simplify.  Other schools are willing to do more to win.  They utilize the Missouri state NIL law.  Or they get tough with the NCAA either through the court of public opinion, actual court or threatening a suit. 

SLU seems unwilling to go to such lengths.  SLU doesn't win.  SLU is back sliding.  Is it a coincidence?

Why the shot at Gary IN?  Have you been there?   I have, and I don't care to go again.  BTW, besides the Jackson 5, others from Gary IN include Frank Borman, Alex Karras, Avery Brooks, and Glenn Robinson.

I am aware of two basketball transfer situations where a lawsuit, or threat of a lawsuit, has overturned the initial NCAA decision.  This WVA situation is the most recent. The other one escapes me know, but it is probably buried in this thread. There are likely more lawsuit situations that I am unaware of, but that you ARE aware of.  The early fall stats on 2X waivers was that 20% were being granted.  The early stats had a list of maybe 40 or more 2x waiver requests.  These numbers were from September, so they undoubtedly have changed.  I read this month that one or two schools are STILL filing for these waivers, even after the season has started.

I'm interested in information.  Did VCU file a lawsuit over Bamisille?  I don’t know. I do know he has yet to play. Opinions are fine...that's what these message boards are all about.  But it is refreshing to have facts every now and then.

I'm off to join the millions on the nation's highways.  Enjoy the holiday.

cgeldmacher likes this