Senior night........lots of seniors in this picture

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, majerus mojo said:

I mean Perkins was honored last year on senior night. I'd say they include everyone just in case and it doesn't mean anything definitive in regards to next season. 

True. I just think if they were forsure coming back they would tell them to not honor them this year. But I don't know. Probably easier to just do everyone I guess. So ya I'm probably wrong. 

2 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

True. I just think if they were forsure coming back they would tell them to not honor them this year. But I don't know. Probably easier to just do everyone I guess. So ya I'm probably wrong. 

I think its more along the lines of they haven't thought about their plans yet.  Im sure Yuri(maybe) and Gibby will talk it over and with Ford at some point before making a decision. 

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

I think its more along the lines of they haven't thought about their plans yet.  Im sure Yuri(maybe) and Gibby will talk it over and with Ford at some point before making a decision. 

I think for these 2 to come back you better have some very big NIL $$$. 

8 minutes ago, willie said:

I think for these 2 to come back you better have some very big NIL $$$. 

I don't want to do this to myself, but getting a legit CG, PF and Center in the portal with Yuri + cian + LHJ  along with Gibby and THJ and I can talk myself back into being excited about next year(until we play again)

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I don't want to do this to myself, but getting a legit CG, PF and Center in the portal with Yuri + cian + LHJ  along with Gibby and THJ and I can talk myself back into being excited about next year(until we play again)

I don't want to deflate your potential excitement but I don't thing our $$$ will be big enough. I would think if they want to continue playing college ball some Power 5 programs would covet them. 

10 minutes ago, willie said:

I don't want to deflate your potential excitement but I don't thing our $$$ will be big enough. I would think if they want to continue playing college ball some Power 5 programs would covet them. 

How much is big enough $$$ to keep them and how much money will be big enough to have a successful NIL? 

billiken_roy likes this

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

We don't know.  Schools do this for everyone who is set to graduate and haven't yet announced their future plans. Also means THJ is likely back. 

I'm assuming Hargrove won't complete is academic curriculum this semester. (I could be wrong.)  If he wants a SLU diploma, he will be back no matter who coaches the team.  

6 minutes ago, DOC said:

How much is big enough $$$ to keep them and how much money will be big enough to have a successful NIL? 

NIL money is one factor, but if either has aspirations at the League, they need to pursue that option sooner than later.  Would another year at any college increase their potential for the NBA?  Look how much Goodwin improved once he got out of college (not blaming SLU, just stating what happened.)  The clock is ticking.  Collins will be 22 next season (birthday is March 7) and I couldn't find Jimerson's age, but he should be 22 to 23 next season. 

I'm not an NBA scout, but both will enter the NBA evaluation program.  They have to.  Both will have diplomas as they have completed their scholastic obligations.  And both should enter the Portal, because why not? 

Whatever they decide is good for me.    

9 minutes ago, DOC said:

We had big enough money to keep Yuri this year and his stock has not gone up. 

I am not trying to be a debbie downer her but someone might have been willing to give Yuri a one time check in hopes of taking us to the dance. Would he they be willing to do it again? I would think additional funds would have to be more communal. Also I am not sure Yuri's stock has gone down on a national basis. I would also think Gibson would be a huge get for the right team. 

5 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Yuri’s numbers this year to date compared to last year

FG% - down from .450 to .441

3PT% - down from .362 to .341

FT% - down from .815 to .755

Rebounds - down from 4.1 per game to 3.3 per game

Assists are up, from 7.9 per game to 10.2 per game

Scoring up 11.1 to 11.3

Steals down 1.9 to 1.4

Turnovers down 4.1 to 3.4

45 minutes ago, DOC said:

We had big enough money to keep Yuri this year and his stock has not gone up. 

imo last year was really kind of a wait and see year.   now that a few of the college teams have made a huge splash with the NiL and transfer nonsense that has been released, it will be katie bar the door crazy this year as the pendulum swings the other way.   the big schools with huge donors will have a truckload of money to use.  the best players available will make last year's top prize winners look like nothing.   it's the beginning of the end imo. 

8 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

imo last year was really kind of a wait and see year.   now that a few of the college teams have made a huge splash with the NiL and transfer nonsense that has been released, it will be katie bar the door crazy this year as the pendulum swings the other way.   the big schools with huge donors will have a truckload of money to use.  the best players available will make last year's top prize winners look like nothing.   it's the beginning of the end imo. 

Sure hope you’re wrong B’Roy but I’m afraid you may be right.

41 minutes ago, willie said:

I am not trying to be a debbie downer her but someone might have been willing to give Yuri a one time check in hopes of taking us to the dance. Would he they be willing to do it again? I would think additional funds would have to be more communal. Also I am not sure Yuri's stock has gone down on a national basis. I would also think Gibson would be a huge get for the right team. 

19 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

That’s one possibility. The other one is where in a few years the NCAA is joined by the big money donors at the major schools to get Congress to fix this mess. All those big donors to NCAA sports are probably the same ones who donate to politicians.  The problem with this NIL system is it’s all fueled by rumor and speculation for the most part. Looks to be very easy for a player to get several schools in a bidding war with each other or even with themselves with the right tweets on twitter, rumors floating around, etc.  None of these deals have to be made public during the negotiation process, after all.  All the players who are going to get offers have a vested interest in raising the levels everywhere for everyone.  Scott Boras has given the blueprint for how this negotiation goes, just follow his blueprint for how he works MLB owners.

33 minutes ago, Speyburn said:

This is why if I’m Yuri I stay at SLU. He works for a guy that can change his professional life post basketball. His pay next year may not be as much as a power 5 could offer, but it’s one year. Stay at SLU and break the NCAA assist record in front of your family and your boss. Then go play pro ball with a career waiting at Chaifetz Group. Leave for another school and that all goes away.