Senior night........lots of seniors in this picture

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, dlarry said:

Come on man!

You want to know why people give you trouble? It’s because you could have just said “they are having a great year and going to get a top seed in the dance. Thanks for your interest.” 
But you have to throw a shot at the Billikens in there too. 
why not leave that out? 

Because he’s right. Can you say with a straight face that SLU will win three straight games ?

Did anyone else notice a dearth of emotion in the ceremony itself? No choking up, no teary “I love you guys” moments like in some past years. Seems to reflect the businesslike attitude and lack of passion of the team. Not a criticism, just an observation.

brianstl likes this

45 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

Did anyone else notice a dearth of emotion in the ceremony itself? No choking up, no teary “I love you guys” moments like in some past years. Seems to reflect the businesslike attitude and lack of passion of the team. Not a criticism, just an observation.

I saw it from Perkins. Don't know what you're talking about. You could see in his face and hear in his voice how badly he wanted to get us to the tournament.

On 3/2/2023 at 4:30 PM, Schasz said:

Neither Yuri or Gibson are coming back with Ford as HC at SLU. Not sure either one is a NBA player, but they could pursue professional pursuits in other countries. 

Or at top 25 programs and get sweeter NIL deals. The fact that both have eligibility left but were treated as seniors tells us all we need to know; they’re outta here one way or another. Next year is a reconstruction year. The big question is who’s gonna coach it. 

2 hours ago, juniorbill76 said:

The primary problem that caused this squad to underperform is they don’t play with any emotion. Save for TJ and Parker, the rest of the team rarely showed any passion or enthusiasm. Recall how JGood would fire up guys by clapping after plays that got us back into a game. We played some great first half’s then would suddenly go flat. Going flat and hanging their heads became a habit and led to them saying here we go again, another L. Another sign of lost spirit or passion was the giving up on the Team Blue mantra. When was the last time we heard that moniker from anyone, including Ford. This team lost their mojo for some reason after logging 2 big wins, Prov and Messphis, then poof, we popped like a Chinese Balloon. 
Anyone got any thoughts on why? Was it the unnecessary L at Auburn when defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory? I don’t have a clue, other than winning games doesn’t seem to matter to this group. Just show up and what will be will be. That’s not a winning attitude. 

The Don likes this

20 minutes ago, slu72 said:

The primary problem that caused this squad to underperform is they don’t play with any emotion. Save for TJ and Parker, the rest of the team rarely showed any passion or enthusiasm. Recall how JGood would fire up guys by clapping after plays that got us back into a game. We played some great first half’s then would suddenly go flat. Going flat and hanging their heads became a habit and led to them saying here we go again, another L. Another sign of lost spirit or passion was the giving up on the Team Blue mantra. When was the last time we heard that moniker from anyone, including Ford. This team lost their mojo for some reason after logging 2 big wins, Prov and Messphis, then poof, we popped like a Chinese Balloon. 
Anyone got any thoughts on why? Was it the unnecessary L at Auburn when defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory? I don’t have a clue, other than winning games doesn’t seem to matter to this group. Just show up and what will be will be. That’s not a winning attitude. 

The problem is Travis Ford.

Just now, slu72 said:

It certainly looks like he lost them somewhere along the line. He doesn’t put them in a position to win ala Rick. 

He's a good salesman but once players get there it's hollow. Rick was a rubbish salesman but if a player wasn't interested in what he was selling, he wasn't interested either.

I loved the honesty of Rickma. Ford is a dime-a-dozen salesman coach. Infinitely replaceable.

35 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Losing Thatch was a significant blow to the chemistry of the team.  After he had to retire, it sounded like Larry Jr tried to take over the emotion/leadership mantel, but come on, a walk-on freshman who averages 8 minutes a game can't be relied on to be your team leader.

You can't simply anoint a player to be the leader.  Either they have it in their personality or they don't.  I'm seeing that no one on the squad wanted that responsibility.

3 hours ago, BC1764 said:

Because he’s right. Can you say with a straight face that SLU will win three straight games ?

Yes, yes I can. This team had a six game A10 winning streak and has won 12 out of 18 A10 games.  They have also been playing well of late, having come very close to taking down the top A10 team on the road.  But none of that matters to certain people, like you, who desperately hate Saint Louis Univesity basketball.  

(I know I am feeding the troll, but I am honestly fascinated by people who seem to derive a perverse pleasure from intentionally injecting divisiveness without ever really contributing to the discussion.)

I disagree with slu72 on one account ---- Francis Okoro seemed to play with passion last night.  

Some guys are just not rah-rah guys.  I don't see much from the lead dog, Collins.  He does say a few things here and there and he does express his dissatisfaction some times.  Hargrove's enthusiasm seems to wane as the yanks continue.  Ditto Parker.