Senior night........lots of seniors in this picture

3 hours ago, willie said:

I am not trying to be a debbie downer her but someone might have been willing to give Yuri a one time check in hopes of taking us to the dance. Would he they be willing to do it again? I would think additional funds would have to be more communal. Also I am not sure Yuri's stock has gone down on a national basis. I would also think Gibson would be a huge get for the right team. 

I don’t know how much money we will have, but Troy did state that BVF would have all the money they need in less than a month now.  I just take his word for it it, assume that is why they don’t have a website we’re regular fans can just click a link and donate to the cause like Dayton does.  Guess they don’t need that money.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DOC said:

This is why if I’m Yuri I stay at SLU. He works for a guy that can change his professional life post basketball. His pay next year may not be as much as a power 5 could offer, but it’s one year. Stay at SLU and break the NCAA assist record in front of your family and your boss. Then go play pro ball with a career waiting at Chaifetz Group. Leave for another school and that all goes away. 

Maybe it was a multi year deal he negotiated… ;)

Billiken Rich likes this

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

I don’t know how much money we will have, but Troy did state that BVF would have all the money they need in less than a month now.  I just take his word for it it, assume that is why they don’t have a website we’re regular fans can just click a link and donate to the cause like Dayton does.  Guess they don’t need that money.

You can donate now at https://billikenvictoryfund.com/

The VCU Roster page has direct links to each player through the INFLCR website.  This is the site to direct NIL opportunities ($$) towards an individual player.  Troy R mentioned this on his interviews that SLU has this also.  I don't know how to get there.   I assume that will be standard for each roster page moving forward.

https://vcuathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

The VCU Roster page has direct links to each player through the INFLCR website.  This is the site to direct NIL opportunities ($$) towards an individual player.  Troy R mentioned this on his interviews that SLU has this also.  I don't know how to get there.   I assume that will be standard for each roster page moving forward.

https://vcuathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

-wow, guess it shouldn't be a surprise

15 hours ago, DOC said:

This is why if I’m Yuri I stay at SLU. He works for a guy that can change his professional life post basketball. His pay next year may not be as much as a power 5 could offer, but it’s one year. Stay at SLU and break the NCAA assist record in front of your family and your boss. Then go play pro ball with a career waiting at Chaifetz Group. Leave for another school and that all goes away. 

Post basketball? Post basketball for Yuri is going to be when he's 100 years old.

Yuri is going to(continue) playing basketball for money, and may try coaching basketball for money. He has a degree in sports business and has clearly indicated he wants to play pro.

???

12 hours ago, dlarry said:

If they can pay Jimerson and Collins enough to come back I hope they have plenty more to bring in some newcomers.

I don’t want them coming back for an NIT run I want them coming back for a sweet 16 run. 

Don’t spend like the Cardinals spend like the Mets! 

Collins desperately needs a tournament appearance. I expect him to go somewhere that he expects to make the tournament. That is not the Billikens next year.

Jimerson can be kept, he has time still. Yuri is out of time. Jimerson is going to have more P5 interest due to his height and shooting ability.

Someone mention THJ and THJ would only leave here to go to SIUE or Lindenwood, where the road games are closer and thus his mom could be at more games. Basically THJ ain't leaving his friends & family. Expect him back until he finishes out. Hargrove is the type of guy I could see "post-basketball" as he may take a day job due to not wanting to move overseas.

The rest is ludicrous and these guys not only want but need tournament appearances to increase their stock and possibly hit the G LEAGUE rosters a la Goodwin.

Well, someone got their hands slapped for a NIL violation.  The Miami women are 18 and 11 this year and the one twin, Haley is their leading scorer at 12.8 ppg.  Hannah, the other twin, has played in 28 of 29 games and averages 4.1 ppg.  Miami got slapped because it "urged a meeting between a wealthy alum (Ruiz) and tweo players who transferred to the school (the Cavinders)."  

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35727606/ncaa-sanctions-miami-women-hoop-nil-related-infraction

Isn't this the same thing that's happening across the country?  Didn't Ruiz give Nigel Pack $200k to transfer from KState to Miami?  Was Kendric Davis 'enticed' to move from SMU to Memphis?  Council at Arkansas?  The Mitchell twins also at Arkansas?  Shannon at Illinois?  Smith at Gonzaga?  Don't know --- just asking.

-if a player is choosing to be honored at Senior Night I will stay and applaud to thank them for their contribution

-as to who is on the roster in the fall, these players are in a different place than JPerk was a year ago, I'm guessing they are gone but 'stuff' happens all of the time

2 hours ago, Soderball said:

Post basketball? Post basketball for Yuri is going to be when he's 100 years old.

Yuri is going to(continue) playing basketball for money, and may try coaching basketball for money. He has a degree in sports business and has clearly indicated he wants to play pro.

???

If you’re asking me to comment I would say this is about as dumb as you get. 

3 hours ago, Soderball said:

Collins desperately needs a tournament appearance. I expect him to go somewhere that he expects to make the tournament. That is not the Billikens next year.

Jimerson can be kept, he has time still. Yuri is out of time. Jimerson is going to have more P5 interest due to his height and shooting ability.

Someone mention THJ and THJ would only leave here to go to SIUE or Lindenwood, where the road games are closer and thus his mom could be at more games. Basically THJ ain't leaving his friends & family. Expect him back until he finishes out. Hargrove is the type of guy I could see "post-basketball" as he may take a day job due to not wanting to move overseas.

The rest is ludicrous and these guys not only want but need tournament appearances to increase their stock and possibly hit the G LEAGUE rosters a la Goodwin.

Why?  Because you think that is what is required to possibly be a NBA player?  A LOT of NBA players never played in the Dance. Yuri's success or failure as a pro does not depend on it.

The premise of your post is silly.

majerus mojo likes this

3 hours ago, Soderball said:

This entire post is ludicrous. What are you talking about? Collins and Jimerson are in the same class, but one of them is out of time? Jimerson has more upside because he’s taller? Plenty of players in the league never played in the tournament. Nobody knows what Hargrove is going to do yet, but hey, I do agree our players want to play in the ncaa tournament. But they don’t “need to” for their pro prospects. 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Why?  Because you think that is what is required to possibly be a NBA player?  A LOT of NBA players never played in the Dance. Yuri's success or failure as a pro does not depend on it.

The premise of your post is silly.

Players go to play at Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, etc. for this reason all the time. Just because it has happened before doesn't mean that the public and scouts aren't keenly aware of what happens at the tournament and amongst teams in contention for the tournament.

2 hours ago, DOC said:

If you’re asking me to comment I would say this is about as dumb as you get. 

No what's dumb is thinking that Dr. C already has an NBA team. Yuri isn't going to play Pickleball for a living.

1 hour ago, DOC said:

This entire post is ludicrous. What are you talking about? Collins and Jimerson are in the same class, but one of them is out of time? Jimerson has more upside because he’s taller? Plenty of players in the league never played in the tournament. Nobody knows what Hargrove is going to do yet, but hey, I do agree our players want to play in the ncaa tournament. But they don’t “need to” for their pro prospects. 

Yes. he does have more upside because he is taller. This is basketball. The basket is 10 feet in the air.

THJ i can tell you from actual conversations with people he knows.

Whatever guys, I'm sure you have the inside scoop. Maybe I'll be wrong. Time will tell.

3 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Players go to play at Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, etc. for this reason all the time. Just because it has happened before doesn't mean that the public and scouts are keenly aware of what happens at the tournament and amongst teams in contention for the tournament.

No what's dumb is thinking that Dr. C already has an NBA team. Yuri isn't going to play Pickleball for a living.

Yes. he does have more upside because he is taller. This is basketball. The basket is 10 feet in the air.

THJ i can tell you from actual conversations with people he knows.

Whatever guys, I'm sure you have the inside scoop. Maybe I'll be wrong. Time will tell.

Yes, it would raise his awareness among the public - but that has nothing to do with his pro prospects. After all this time, scouts have a good idea of whether or not they project him as an NBA player.  I don't expect him to return, but if he goes to another school, I think it will be more about getting a more lucrative NIL deal combined with feedback he's getting from scouts that he is not NBA material.  Because IF he is a potential NBA player, he would likely take his shot after this year. He doesn't need another year of college for that.

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Yes, it would raise his awareness among the public - but that has nothing to do with his pro prospects. After all this time, scouts have a good idea of whether or not they project him as an NBA player.  I don't expect him to return, but if he goes to another school, I think it will be more about getting a more lucrative NIL deal combined with feedback he's getting from scouts that he is not NBA material.  Because IF he is a potential NBA player, he would likely take his shot after this year. He doesn't need another year of college for that.

He'd need to play in the G League. I think it's more likely he will play in Europe.

5 hours ago, longtimelistenerfirsttimec said:

it has been reported (frank c.) that the coaching staff expects everyone is gone jimerson is a southmore yuri is a junior its not just the ncaa yuri needs to play in a better conf. with better players

Where was this reported?

8 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Well, someone got their hands slapped for a NIL violation.  The Miami women are 18 and 11 this year and the one twin, Haley is their leading scorer at 12.8 ppg.  Hannah, the other twin, has played in 28 of 29 games and averages 4.1 ppg.  Miami got slapped because it "urged a meeting between a wealthy alum (Ruiz) and tweo players who transferred to the school (the Cavinders)."  

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35727606/ncaa-sanctions-miami-women-hoop-nil-related-infraction

Isn't this the same thing that's happening across the country?  Didn't Ruiz give Nigel Pack $200k to transfer from KState to Miami?  Was Kendric Davis 'enticed' to move from SMU to Memphis?  Council at Arkansas?  The Mitchell twins also at Arkansas?  Shannon at Illinois?  Smith at Gonzaga?  Don't know --- just asking.

Pretty much. The NCAA did say that the investigation began before they announced the new penalties, so there’s that.  What’s more interesting is where the booster, Ruiz said he’s not going to change what he does and doesn’t believe that anything the NCAA might try to do to him in the future will stand up against the lawsuit he would bring down on them in response. Begging them to try if they dare. Doesn’t sound like the new NCAA enforcement policy is generating any fear, does it?

On 2/27/2023 at 2:56 PM, willie said:

I am not trying to be a debbie downer her but someone might have been willing to give Yuri a one time check in hopes of taking us to the dance. Would he they be willing to do it again? I would think additional funds would have to be more communal. Also I am not sure Yuri's stock has gone down on a national basis. I would also think Gibson would be a huge get for the right team. 

I’d love to have enough money to just throw it away. This team ain’t going nowhere for a long time, with TFord at the helm

Schasz likes this

36 minutes ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

Time for a total reset. It will be welcomed. Clean house 

Yep. I’m ready to turn the page with this whole group including the coach. Really feel for Fred and Javonte, they didn’t deserve the ending they got. It just didn’t work with this group. No leadership, no killer instinct. Thank you for your service. Next

Schasz and Bizziken like this