The Bills over VCU by 4

The Wiz

1 hour ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

This computer program needs a reboot 

One thing I can tell you without the aid of a computer, our chance to dance is zero.

Schasz likes this

Just an observation....Forrester had a pretty good game tonight......12pts...4 rebs...3 assts...2 blks all in 20 min ...by coincidence Okoro also had 20 min...the coincidence being they both had exactly 20 min...Okoro's totals were...4pts..5 rebs..0 assts..0 blks...this not a knock on Okoro, a fine player, but to point out that Forrester was a better matchup against VCU.  With 9 min 32 sec left in the game Forrester picked up his 4th foul and came out of the game. I understand why he came out of the game. But what I don't understand is why we never saw him again. I thought with about 6 min left in the game, he should have come back in and played until the end or until he fouls out. If he fouls out , you can still put Okoro in. I thought we could use the extra scoring punch at the end plus any additional blks or assists would have been a bonus.  Just my observation.

In terms of what happened...I wrote a paragraph in the original post of this thread on real TO math which turned out to be very apropos...here is an excerpt from that paragraph.....bolded means from the original post.

This game will be about protecting the ball ...whoever does the best job of it will win....A quick note here...the inability to generate TOs in the preceding games has been costly.  It is not just the stat of "pts off TOs" but the loss of an offensive opportunity on a TO.  We have 37 more TOs than our opponents.  I have seen it reported in the press that we have given up an extra 46 pts on "pts off TOs".  But it is worse than that.  Here is the real TO math....generally when you turn the ball over  a team scores 1 1/4 pts (the Bills are on target with that number)....in addition you give up 0.93 pts in a lost scoring opportunity....so every extra  TO actual costs you about 2.2 pts...

So if you do the math...we out turnovered them 14-10...take those 4 extra TOs x2.2pts=8.8pts ...the margin of defeat.

The shame of it was the slash was pretty good ...we were only off by 1 pt (FTs)..48/40/63

Some good shooting numbers not only by Forrester...but by Jimerson and Perkins too.

Of course there was the career night by Baldwin...37pts...and an unbelievable slash...80/80/100...12-15 / 4-5 / 9-9

And yet even with his dominant night we could have won....

And again this was the key line from the original post...This game will be about protecting the ball ...whoever does the best job of it will win....we didn't and we didn't...we didn't do the best job of protecting the ball and we didn't win.

9 hours ago, The Wiz said:

J

And again this was the key line from the original post...This game will be about protecting the ball ...whoever does the best job of it will win....we didn't and we didn't...we didn't do the best job of protecting the ball and we didn't win.

wiz this isnt possible.   we have the best point guard in the country.

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

wiz this isnt possible.   we have the best point guard in the country.

To be fair Yuri looked like the best point guard in the an nation for about 8 minutes in the second half. He was getting assists, playing good defense, and taking shots WHEN GIVEN TO HIM. 
The problem was the other 32 minutes where he was getting absolutely cooked on defense, not making smart passes, and getting contested shots blocked.

5 minutes ago, dlarry said:

To be fair Yuri looked like the best point guard in the an nation for about 8 minutes in the second half. He was getting assists, playing good defense, and taking shots WHEN GIVEN TO HIM. 
The problem was the other 32 minutes where he was getting absolutely cooked on defense, not making smart passes, and getting contested shots blocked.

the best point guard in the nation doesn't play the last 5 minutes the way he played.   that was beyond selfish and arrogant.   he went into his poor allen iverson imitation and it was disastrous.   

and while his extremely embarrassing defensive effort last night vs guarding baldwin has nothing at all to do with his point guard play, it merits mentioning him my bash collins post here.  

yuri indeed is a very good point guard.  i have always said H is the best billiken point guard ever.   but i do think when yuri plays point guard and ONLY point guard (that hero ball nonsense is not him and he frankly is too small and just not good enough to be the closer) he is the best in billiken history.   but H would have never ended last night the way collins did.  H made the other players better all the time.  collins cant stay in his element, so that alone brings him down.   too bad, imo if he kept that iverson imitation out of his game he would be an nba player, but it seems he cant.   he is listening to the wrong people imo.   one of those people must be ford, or you would think the coach that isnt afraid to yank players for mistakes would have him sitting when he does that crap.  

GD i am pissed off. 

dlarry and TheBand like this

29 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

My wife thinks Yuri hasnt played well since he was ill. As the game wore on, his defensive effort seemed diminished, and Baldwin took advantage.

Thought Yuri and Okoro had subpar games.

That was the whole point behind letting someone else bring up the ball against the press, to keep Yuri fresh.  It may not have worked and the offense isn't great without Yuri running it but that was the point.

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

the best point guard in the nation doesn't play the last 5 minutes the way he played.   that was beyond selfish and arrogant.   he went into his poor allen iverson imitation and it was disastrous.   

and while his extremely embarrassing defensive effort last night vs guarding baldwin has nothing at all to do with his point guard play, it merits mentioning him my bash collins post here.  

yuri indeed is a very good point guard.  i have always said H is the best billiken point guard ever.   but i do think when yuri plays point guard and ONLY point guard (that hero ball nonsense is not him and he frankly is too small and just not good enough to be the closer) he is the best in billiken history.   but H would have never ended last night the way collins did.  H made the other players better all the time.  collins cant stay in his element, so that alone brings him down.   too bad, imo if he kept that iverson imitation out of his game he would be an nba player, but it seems he cant.   he is listening to the wrong people imo.   one of those people must be ford, or you would think the coach that isnt afraid to yank players for mistakes would have him sitting when he does that crap.  

GD i am pissed off. 

Roy, H also had a coach who wouldn’t tolerate hero ball.

billiken_roy and HoosierPal like this

19 hours ago, billikenbill said:

One thing I can tell you without the aid of a computer, our chance to dance is zero.

Actually wrong ....  win the A10 tournament and SLU is in.  No computer can help any team this season.  Only one way into the NCAA Tournament.  😚

In Stu's article, CF says he needs some of the guys to be more "productive".  I hope CF further translates that statement to make the extra pass rather than play hero ball. 

You'd think by now that the seniors would simply want to do what it takes to win rather than trying to pad stats.

1 hour ago, Dr Bird said:

In Stu's article, CF says he needs some of the guys to be more "productive".  I hope CF further translates that statement to make the extra pass rather than play hero ball. 

You'd think by now that the seniors would simply want to do what it takes to win rather than trying to pad stats.

Just now, cheeseman said:
1 hour ago, Dr Bird said:

Expand  

Or they just want the seas to e over