Congratulations to Jimerson on his BS in International Business

HoosierPal

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Gibson will be awarded his BS in International Business this Saturday in the mid-year commencement.  He receives this degree in 3.5 semesters.  I assume he will be enrolled in a Master's program this upcoming semester.   Some things are more important than 3 point FG% and scoring average.  This is one of them.

https://slubillikens.com/news/2022/12/14/billiken-athletics-eight-billikens-to-earn-degrees-at-midyear-commencement.aspx

Chase Niece really impressed me - earning a BS in Mechanical Engineering while being a D1 athlete on a nationally competitive team is no easy feat. No degree is easy, but not many are as difficult as an engineering degree. 

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Gibson will be awarded his BS in International Business this Saturday in the mid-year commencement.  He receives this degree in 3.5 semesters.  I assume he will be enrolled in a Master's program this upcoming semester.   Some things are more important than 3 point FG% and scoring average.  This is one of them.

https://slubillikens.com/news/2022/12/14/billiken-athletics-eight-billikens-to-earn-degrees-at-midyear-commencement.aspx

and we all know an international business degree is no b.s. major.   the young man truly had to work for that.  especially in less than 4 years.   impressive.  congratulations to mr jimerson.

bauman likes this

I won't be surprised if Jimmmerson goes into coaching after his playing career. He is smart, articulate and is a student of the game. In spite of not being anywhere near the most athletic player he probably leads the team in receiving yards and baskets on fast breaks.  He has learned to cut to the basket for easy and not so easy under the basket layups. His international business degree probably gives him a much greater awareness of the business of div 1 basketball. An international business degree, means he likes to travel.

I have no idea if he is interested in coaching. I'm just saying that from a distance it looks like he has some of the building blocks.

Our team may not beat teams on the court but they can beat teams in the class room.

Great going Gibson congratulations and hopefully a masters to come next.

Conklin and Cassidy got their masters in 4 years at SLU.

On 12/14/2022 at 4:05 PM, dlarry said:

Less scholars! More Athletes!!

Only kidding….kind of. 

In all seriousness that is impressive.

Congratulations  to him!!

Agree. We need to focus more on having a university the basketball team can be proud of. 🙂