GDT: Bonaventure Round 2

johnbj14

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Lolololol damn Travis should of game em a pre game rub down to get em ready. Good call.

You guys. Just gotta run out there and dribble into em and try to draw fouls! Break!!

You may need to step away. I think youre starting to say things you dont mean. Ford isn't as bad as most people on here say but he has not coached well the past 2 games 

BilliesBy40 likes this

Bonnie’s b*tch slapping the young punks who thought they were good.   Message game: Bonnie’s are back and hitting stride for DC.  Nice to see Nesbit running show.  Nice to see the One-And-Done Nesbit that was rumored.  Nice to see Ford sit this year’s hero.  The Bonnie trio of Lofton, Holmes and Welch own Collins.  You have to admire the Bonnie’s system —- park Osunniyi in paint and have 8 active arms and hands around him.  Take our whipping and go home.  Try to revive things —— just like the Bonnie’s have.

Just my thought, as I'm an overall strategy guy not a tactical level guy.......SBU has a short bench,  I'd press them from the tip in an effort to wear them down and eventually win the war of attrition. 

But that's just my idea,  the "Steve Kerr of Kuwait" I'm not a D1 coach.

3 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

If we could just take care of the ball and defend we would be fine.. shooting 52/56/75… But Bonnie’s have taken 14 more shots because we turn the ball over every other possesion

It’s because our Offense is still a mess, too much dribbling, careless, bad passes, intimidated at the hoop. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

If the bus driver is there, we might as well head on to the airport.  No need to play the second half.

The punishment for playing this bad is making them play the second half and jog to the airport.

HoosierPal likes this

4 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

If we could just take care of the ball and defend we would be fine.. shooting 52/56/75… But Bonnie’s have taken 14 more shots because we turn the ball over every other possesion

Thing is, majority of the TOs have been our own fault. Two Okoro travels, Okoro moving screen, Yuri charge, Jones moving screen, Nesbitt stepping out is 6 of our 11 turnovers. Bonnies ain’t even that good.

4 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Uhh the players?? 

Yes it is partially on the players, but it’s ultimately on the head coach to have the team ready to play. And they haven’t even been close to ready to play the last two games.  I don’t know what the exact answer is for what Ford needs to do to better prepare the team. But that’s why he’s got a multimillion dollar contract and I’m an MBM. He’s gotta figure it out, because it’s not happening, and Mark Schmidt’s dominance of Ford has now cost us an NCAA appearance each of the last two seasons. 

Collins with two points, three assists, four turnovers and 2 fouls.  Seems to me the elder statesmen of this league and putting the young lad I. His place these last two games.  Ford plays hero ball.  One guy, every year. This year without Perkins its Collins.  I don’t think he’s equipped to score.  Assist absolutely.  Emotion gets the best of me.  Plus I hate the Bonnie’s.  Bad mojo.  I’ll quit. Apologies.

13 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

A good coach has players ready. Especially when you know exactly what the bonnies do.  And they have no depth first thing you do is run people at players and try to draw blocks

Have you seen the offensive foul calls? Probably a third of our turnovers are charges.