Travis Ford is a good coach

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

While I’m not sure of the time frame, the word in DC was he’s coming back.

I sure hope so. 

It Makes too much sense that he comes back imo.  

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

It Makes too much sense that he comes back imo.  

Who wouldn't want to come back and play for the pre-season conference favorite aside what might be the best point guard in the country next season? Parker might see a lot of early minutes if Perkins comes back and is still working back to 100%

Sign Guy...thanks so much for sharing the Corey Tate segment from KSDK TV. This out of town Billiken Fan really appreciated getting to see it. He's certainly a very big reason why SLU has had success in recruiting so many local star players.

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

I’m kind of 60/40 the other way. If he wants to earn $ playing ball I’m not sure another year of college is the lost expedient way. 

See, I'm like 70/30 in favor of him coming back because it seems so obvious that this is the best way for him to make it to the NBA. G-league feels like a trap that you can't get out of, and overseas will always be there for him if he wants it. 

Stay home one more year, compete at a nationally competitive level, and drastically improve draft stock. 

cgeldmacher likes this

4 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

Who wouldn't want to come back and play for the pre-season conference favorite aside what might be the best point guard in the country next season? Parker might see a lot of early minutes if Perkins comes back and is still working back to 100%

Dayton will be the favorite as long as Grant stays

1 minute ago, Bills By 40 said:

See, I'm like 70/30 in favor of him coming back because it seems so obvious that this is the best way for him to make it to the NBA. G-league feels like a trap that you can't get out of, and overseas will always be there for him if he wants it. 

Stay home one more year, compete at a nationally competitive level, and drastically improve draft stock. 

Good point about G-league. It gives you a chance to make it to the nba but not a good one. 

He can make money this season at SLU, so that's no longer a big factor. 

He can have a 22-24ppg season and pass up anywhere he would be if he chose overseas next season. 

He appears to be best friends with several players on this roster

He may not want to go overseas, didn't he have a story about how close he is to him mom due to some event happening(?)

If this was a betting game, I'd bet he's staying. 

7 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

SLU won’t be the conference favorite, even with Perkins back. Dayton will get a lot of love. VCU too. 

3 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

SLU won’t be the conference favorite, even with Perkins back. Dayton will get a lot of love. VCU too. 

Quick, dont think.  SLU goes 28-6 and returns their top 6 are they the favorite next year?

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Quick, dont think.  SLU goes 28-6 and returns their top 6 are they the favorite next year?

Assuming that is Davidson? If so, Luka isn’t returning. 

Edit: or is it 2013 SLU getting snubbed in preseason next year when VCU was picked one?

4 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Idk, maybe the AP says that, but computer analytics probably wont. 

Exactly. I won't be surprised to see subjective human rankings give Dayton or VCU the nod, but mathematically if you subtract Linssen and Jones, and add Perkins plus Parker and likely a front court transfer...you can't tell me we aren't the best team on paper. 

I missed Malachi's injury live but on Twitter it sounded like some were worried he might not be back (or especially not at 100%) by start of non con?? That's a major factor, more so than even DaRon IMO.  

1 minute ago, Bills By 40 said:

I missed Malachi's injury live but on Twitter it sounded like some were worried he might not be back (or especially not at 100%) by start of non con?? That's a major factor, more so than even DaRon IMO.  

Still have not seen, what type of injury?

1 minute ago, johnbj14 said:

Assuming that is Davidson? If so, Luka isn’t returning. 

Those are what I'd be willing to bet  are losses turned to wins with Perkins on the squad this year. 

Which is why im saying SLU with Perkins is the best team next year, SLU without Perkins is Likely 4/5

Just now, Bills By 40 said:

Exactly. I won't be surprised to see subjective human rankings give Dayton or VCU the nod, but mathematically if you subtract Linssen and Jones, and add Perkins plus Parker and likely a front court transfer...you can't tell me we aren't the best team on paper. 

We would be the best offensive team on paper. VCU or Dayton would be the best defensive team. 

The best finish the Bills have had under Coach Ford is 12-6.  Any prognosticator being skeptical of us finishing 15-3 would be perfectly justified.  Our competitors have posted those records before.  We have not.

38 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I’m kind of 60/40 the other way. If he wants to earn $ playing ball I’m not sure another year of college is the lost expedient way. 

selfishly of course i want the modern day george ice man gervin being a billiken next year.   but i believe to again risk injury and give up another year of income is not a good decision for javonte.  

now if he has non-basketball aspirations that require additional schooling, well by all means, take advantage of the premium education saint louis university will give him at no out of pocket expense while he plays basketball (see fred thatch).  but otherwise go make money. 

MB73 likes this

30 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Those are what I'd be willing to bet  are losses turned to wins with Perkins on the squad this year. 

Which is why im saying SLU with Perkins is the best team next year, SLU without Perkins is Likely 4/5

But that wasn’t what was said in the original post which I objected to. It’s who would be “the” favorite, not your or his favorite. The favorite will be Davidson or Dayton. It’s not up for debate. It just is.

59 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Sign Guy...thanks so much for sharing the Corey Tate segment from KSDK TV. This out of town Billiken Fan really appreciated getting to see it. He's certainly a very big reason why SLU has had success in recruiting so many local star players.

I will try to do this more often.  Cusamano in particular seeks to do a lot of Billiken segments (Other channels may too, I am just an NBC news person)

13 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

But that wasn’t what was said in the original post which I objected to. It’s who would be “the” favorite, not your or his favorite. The favorite will be Davidson or Dayton. It’s not up for debate. It just is.

I agree with you that Dayton will be most people’s favorite, and understandably so. But I don’t think SLU will be under the radar going into next year if Perkins returns. We will absolutely be getting Top 25 buzz 

Just now, NH said:

I agree with you that Dayton will be most people’s favorite, and understandably so. But I don’t think SLU will be under the radar going into next year if Perkins returns. We will absolutely be getting Top 25 buzz 

If we're getting top 25 buzz and not the preseason conference favorite I will be very pleasantly surprised.