Jump to content

GDT : Lindenwood


wgstl
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Yuri with 13 and 11 so far. He’s the team. It’s Yuri and 11 guys who need to get better.

I will say that Nesbitt has looked good too. Out of control at times but he’s always running at 100%. Otherwise I agree, especially when it comes to 3pt defense

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few takeaways that for those not able to be there:

1. The close score through a lot of the game isn’t as big of a concern as it may seem. Most of the runs that Lindenwood had occurred when we didn’t have our best guys on the floor.

2. This is Yuris team. He’s much more confident scoring the ball and can easily take over the game.

3. Nesbitt is raw, but really talented. Give him some time to get acclimated to the college game and he can be an A-10 first teamer imo. Had a much better offensive showing than he did in the first exhibition. 

4. I’m concerned about our depth at PG. I know Nesbitt can take over those duties when needed but we don’t have a real back-up PG. DeAndre Jones did not look good at all. 

5. Our depth at the five might get hairy at the end of games. We all know how foul-prone Linssen is but Okoro seems to have some of the same qualities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

This definitely was a concern today.  Linssen showed last season a propensity to foul.  Today, Okoro did the same.  Traore better develop quickly.

Traore had 3 fouls in 6 minutes himself. And I didn’t realize it, but Okoro actually fouled out in 12 minutes of play. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bauman said:

It seems like Jimerson has regressed.  I would have thought at this point he would be hitting 3-4 from the arc plus a couple of 2 pointers.  Is he not shooting well or is it an issue with minutes of play?  With JP out we need GJ to be a constant threat from outside.

He just needs to make a shot. He’s clearly seen as one of the go-to scorers by the coaching staff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bauman said:

It seems like Jimerson has regressed.  I would have thought at this point he would be hitting 3-4 from the arc plus a couple of 2 pointers.  Is he not shooting well or is it an issue with minutes of play?  With JP out we need GJ to be a constant threat from outside.

Wouldn’t say he’s regressed, he converted some good plays. Had some really good cuts to the basket for easy lay ups and a couple of pull-up jumpers. There were just other guys that were performing better this particular game.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bauman said:

It seems like Jimerson has regressed.  I would have thought at this point he would be hitting 3-4 from the arc plus a couple of 2 pointers.  Is he not shooting well or is it an issue with minutes of play?  With JP out we need GJ to be a constant threat from outside.

I’d settle for 3-7. Needs to be a more instinctive shooter and less worried about results. If he can figure that out, he’ll be lighting it up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

A few takeaways that for those not able to be there:

1. The close score through a lot of the game isn’t as big of a concern as it may seem. Most of the runs that Lindenwood had occurred when we didn’t have our best guys on the floor.

2. This is Yuris team. He’s much more confident scoring the ball and can easily take over the game.

3. Nesbitt is raw, but really talented. Give him some time to get acclimated to the college game and he can be an A-10 first teamer imo. Had a much better offensive showing than he did in the first exhibition. 

4. I’m concerned about our depth at PG. I know Nesbitt can take over those duties when needed but we don’t have a real back-up PG. DeAndre Jones did not look good at all. 

5. Our depth at the five might get hairy at the end of games. We all know how foul-prone Linssen is but Okoro seems to have some of the same qualities.

Thanks for the takeaways. Regarding point #5, Okoro fouled out 4 times in the 66 games he played with Oregon...he started two-thirds of those games and averaged 15 minutes of PT. When it comes to fouling, he's not exactly the next Tom Frericks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

A few takeaways that for those not able to be there:

1. The close score through a lot of the game isn’t as big of a concern as it may seem. Most of the runs that Lindenwood had occurred when we didn’t have our best guys on the floor.

2. This is Yuris team. He’s much more confident scoring the ball and can easily take over the game.

3. Nesbitt is raw, but really talented. Give him some time to get acclimated to the college game and he can be an A-10 first teamer imo. Had a much better offensive showing than he did in the first exhibition. 

4. I’m concerned about our depth at PG. I know Nesbitt can take over those duties when needed but we don’t have a real back-up PG. DeAndre Jones did not look good at all. 

5. Our depth at the five might get hairy at the end of games. We all know how foul-prone Linssen is but Okoro seems to have some of the same qualities.

Point #4... I agree... Jones was just flat out bad... hopefully it was just one game...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:


Lorentsson scored 5 points and had 3 rebounds during the 8 minutes that he played.  He was +14 over those 8 minutes according to the box score.  How did he look to those who were there?

Physically weak, no defense.   But his shot is pretty

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:


Lorentsson scored 5 points and had 3 rebounds during the 8 minutes that he played.  He was +14 over those 8 minutes according to the box score.  How did he look to those who were there?

I was surprised when I saw his stats after the game. He looked awkward, mishandling the ball on a couple of occasions, one where he would’ve had an open shot if he would’ve caught the ball. But like Roy said, he can shoot it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's another question for those who were there.  I saw Stu's tweet about FT JR. in dbl figures then later I saw the box score and clearly we need him to be a lot better than his stats from this game.  19 minutes with 2 rebounds, he needs to be a team leader and 2 per 19 minutes doesn't cut it.  0 for 3 from the arc - maybe he shouldn't be shooting from there and 0 for 3 from the FT line and I think 3 TOs.  Hopefully he was just pressing with JP out and trying to do too much.

Also, 0 for 2 from the arc for Gibson.  He needs to take more shots than that and learn how to get fouled since I think he is one of our best FT shooters.  As a team, I think we were 30% from the arc-again need to be much better especially given the quality of opponent.  Ford needs to come up with a way to get GJ more shots from deep.  Crazy thought, how about a few plays and/or screens to get our best 3 pt shooter some 3 pt shots?

I wasn't at the game, but these stats need to be much better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

SLU's bigs will be in foul trouble alot this year. This could be a major problem...

I’ve been harping on this a bit ever since news of Bell transferring broke.  Okoro and especially Linssen have been very foul prone during their careers.  French was much better at avoiding fouls.  Even though our depth inside was similar in number of bigs in recent years, it is much different this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...