Andre Signs

Aquinas

ST. LOUIS – Saint Louis head coach Travis Ford announced today that forward Andre Lorentsson has signed a National Letter of Intent to attend the University and play for the Billikens. Lorentsson begins his four years of eligibility in the 2020-21 season.

"We are very excited about Andre joining our Team Blue family," Ford said. "He is a high-level shooter with great size who can play multiple positions. Andre's high basketball IQ translates to him having tremendous perimeter skills. He is a really good passer and is great with the ball in his hands."

"First and foremost, I want to thank my family for always being there for me, supporting me and always telling me to dream big," Lorentsson said. "Thank you also to my teammates and coaches for being such huge factors in my development as a player and a person. I am extremely excited for the opportunity to become a member of Team Blue and play in the A-10. I cannot wait to play in Chaifetz Arena in front of all the great Billiken fans."

Lorentsson is a native of Gothenburg, Sweden. His high school team, RIG Mark Kinna, competed in the National Prep School Invitational in Rhode Island in January and posted a 2-1 record. Lorentsson, a stretch four, averaged 20 ppg in the NPSI, with a large portion of his scoring coming from beyond the arc.

In 15 games with RIG Mark Kinna last year, Lorentsson averaged 17.7 ppg on 55 percent shooting from the field, including a 45 percent (44-97) mark from 3-point range. He averaged more than 6.0 rebounds per game while dishing out better than 3.0 assists per game. Lorentsson was an 85 percent shooter from the free-throw line.

Lorentsson has also spent time with the Swedish National Team, playing for his home country in the U16 European Championship (2017) and the U18 European Championship (2018).

TheChosenOne and MattyMo213 like this

1 hour ago, gobillsgo said:

Great news!  I won’t speculate with any names, since that’s not fair, but if we are recruiting Okoro, I think we all can see who the odd man out would be. 

Opening up that scholarship would almost be a fireable offense right now. My mans is living in Gries right now. 

58 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Opening up that scholarship would almost be a fireable offense right now. My mans is living in Gries right now. 

Well I obviously didn’t have that information... not saying I think or hope it happens. Obviously these aren’t ordinary times