GDT: Beat VCU

wgstl

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Yuri gets 12th assist on the reverse dunk by French at the buzzer.

Not sure I like that shot; VCU will remember that if the teams meet in the A-10 Tournament.  (Not sure it matters, VCU will be pumped anyway.)

Feels good to finally get a win over VCU.  Next year let the Bills get their first win in VCU's place.

I love it! Throw that ball down. Disrespect the opponent. Act like we own this home court.

3 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

Javonte 25 and 7, Yuri 12 assists, JG double-double...

That's fun right there. 

I'll add to this a very efficient night for French from the field (obviously not from the line), going 9-13 for 18 points. We need more of that out of him.

Yuri's 12 assists mark a career high and one of the top performances in SLU history (18 is the record, and there have only been about a dozen times with over 10 in a game).

Perkins was perfect through his first 8 FGs and stayed perfect from the line - 6-6.

Dominant game by the Bills and end their losing streak against VCU ended. This beat down of a good team shows what the Bills can accomplish when they play their game. Here is hoping we can close the rest of the A-10 schedule and go in the A-10 Tourney on positive mojo!

6 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

It might not be obvious, but Jimmy Bell's early contributions were large.

Ford said the Locomotive was the first player he mentioned in the locker room. Oops, a little late with the post.

dennis_w likes this

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

No complaints tonight. But FTs will bite us in the ass. I cannot believe Has is not even in the same zip code on some of his. 

FT shooting is all about developing a consistent, fluid, rhythmic FT stroke. His shot is so clanky and hard because he just hunches over and flicks his wrist. No coordinated upward trajectory, just a haphazard forward flick. I've never seen someone shoot FTs without a smooth upward motion and, frankly, I'm not sure if anyone would be successful using the shot form he uses. Don't want to blame coaching, but it is kind of shocking no one on the college level has stepped in and corrected that. He's definitely capable of shooting better, and probably would if he settled on a routine.

Billikens rout VCU on ESPN2 80-62, break 8 game losing streak to VCU, first win over VCU since '14. Freshman Yuri Collins with 12 assists. Hasahn French had 18 points, Jordan Goodwin with a Double Double 10 & 11, Microwave Javonte Perkins 25 points, TJ Hargrove with 11. Multiple dunks by Hargrove, French, Goodwin. 19-8, 8-6. 

It was a Great game, Great Win for the Billikens, and a really fun game to watch.

2 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Felt so good to bash them guys. Great atmosphere. Awesome game. We can play with anyone when they make us run. It's the slow teams that give us trouble. Hopefully Ford utilizes that press with Hargrove on top again. Roll Bills

I don’t understand why we don’t run 100% of the time 

rgbilliken likes this