GDT Survive and Advance Hokie Pokie Edition

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Pistol said:

That school is super sleazy. They have one of the largest online "universities" in the country and they basically run it like a shady for-profit college (low and underqualified staffing, zero academic standards, aggressive and misleading marketing, etc.) and use the cash flows from that to prop up the brick-and-mortar university.

And that's not even getting into all the other bizarre goings-on there.

I'll never root for them in any context.

I've got no problems with the school. but many don't like their support of our President.....anyway, I'm rooting for Liberty.......

It will be nice to have some tournament street cred going into the recruiting season.  Even more important with the 2021 than it is the 2020 class.  We'll have plenty minutes to offer then with Goodwin, French and Perkins all graduating.  The tournament appearance also puts us on the radar of some underclassmen outside the region who wouldn't have considered us otherwise.

As for the 2020 class, I hope Kasubke and Bradford watched the game.  It's obvious where their talents are needed.

Pistol likes this

34 minutes ago, Ballingmeanthegradesfallin said:

I saw two replays of his blocks, so I can confirm that it did happen.

Edit: Found this reel, a block is recorded at 5:28.

Hopefully the NCAA will change the stats, or maybe Brian will correct for the official SLU record book.  Give the Man due credit.

1 hour ago, Ballingmeanthegradesfallin said:

Why is there a VT fan sitting in the SLU section? Overall ok game, we can learn from it. Oh and when did the majority of the lottery randos leave?

1E07A636-4AC1-42B7-A96F-318BBE79D10A.jpeg

1. Where do you see a VT fan?

2. This had to be halftime or something as this is my groups seats that are empty

3. Only the Slunatics got to sit on the floor as far as students go. The randoms sat about halfway up the section

My biggest gripe had to be with throwing in KC in the first half. Looked like a real fish out of water, and just reeked of panic. Ford should’ve had an idea we’d go down early as it happened in basically every A-10 game. Oh well. Glad JG and HF got some tournament experience. Not sure if we’ll be back next season, but in two years we absolutely should be. Fun run. Keep the pics coming. 

billiken_roy likes this

10 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

My biggest gripe had to be with throwing in KC in the first half. Looked like a real fish out of water, and just reeked of panic. Ford should’ve had an idea we’d go down early as it happened in basically every A-10 game. Oh well. Glad JG and HF got some tournament experience. Not sure if we’ll be back next season, but in two years we absolutely should be. Fun run. Keep the pics coming. 

He must do really well in practice.  

We could have used his shot.  I didn’t have a big problem with Ford just checking to see if he was gonna catch fire.

it was clear buzz did his homework on Isabell in keeping him out of the middle of the lane.  A couple 3s from an unknown guy might have had VT change up what was clearly working on D

Littlebill likes this

11 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Most likely the closed scrimmage.

According to articles on the web, it was originally supposed to be a closed scrimmage, but they opened it up to raise money for hurricane relief. There was something like 4200 that attended. And the two coaches are friends.

billikenbill likes this

4 hours ago, Ballingmeanthegradesfallin said:

Why is there a VT fan sitting in the SLU section? Overall ok game, we can learn from it. Oh and when did the majority of the lottery randos leave?

1E07A636-4AC1-42B7-A96F-318BBE79D10A.jpeg

Those were Miss. State fans, as I recall.

If the lottery winners were those seated in rows behind us, my take is they stayed. They also cheered: “Let’s Go SLU,” etc.

The SLUnatics definitely stayed. BAB walked east on Santa Clara with them post-game.

Just a brief note about the non returning seniors. Not one of them Bess, Isabell, Foreman, Wiley, or Welmer had ever had the incredible experience of playing in the NCAA tournament. Despite the intense disappointment produced by losing the game, they had an experience, just by being in the tournament, that they will cherish forever. I am very happy they could play in this incredible event before the end of their D1 careers. All the best to you guys, you were able to get to a level you had never experienced before.

8 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Just a brief note about the non returning seniors. Not one of them Bess, Isabell, Foreman, Wiley, or Welmer had ever had the incredible experience of playing in the NCAA tournament. Despite the intense disappointment produced by losing the game, they had an experience, just by being in the tournament, that they will cherish forever. I am very happy they could play in this incredible event before the end of their D1 careers. All the best to you guys, you were able to get to a level you had never experienced before.

Bess and wiley both previously went to the big dance with MSU and Maryland, respectively, although I don’t know if either actually played. 

billiken_roy likes this