Ingvi on live

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

He look good? 17 is impressive 

Shot looks a little funky. He only had one point in the 3rd quarter. He doesn’t have much talent around him on this Iceland team, so Serbia is definitely keying in on him. It’s 69-50 Serbia leading going into the fourth. 

As I said before, he isn’t afraid to shoot it. Serbia has been forcing him to dribble to his left, and he’s had a few turnovers as a result. He looks like a 2 more than a 1. 

1 minute ago, Old guy said:

How would you compare what you have seen so far of Serbia's team play with a standard decent A10 team play. No need to get detailed just an overall assessment. Is Serbia any good?

A couple of Serbia’s bigs are definitely A10 quality.  Haven’t seen a lot of their guard play as they are just dominating Iceland in the paint. They might be middle to middle-bottom of the pack A10. I don’t think they’d finish last. 

• davidnark changed the title to Ingvi on live
2 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

A couple of Serbia’s bigs are definitely A10 quality.  Haven’t seen a lot of their guard play as they are just dominating Iceland in the paint. They might be middle to middle-bottom of the pack A10. I don’t think they’d finish last. 

Thank you very much for your observations. Sounds like Ingvi might fit reasonably well within A10 play.

2 hours ago, almaman said:

assume many of those 3 point shots were taken when team way behind and wishing to get back in.

That and many were very contested with the shot clock running out. Serbia really was keyed in on him after the first quarter and the rest of Iceland’s team was probably NAIA quality with maybe one exception. 

3 hours ago, davidnark said:

Finished as the leading scorer in the game, which has to mean something good.  http://www.fiba.basketball/europe/u20/2018/game/1407/Iceland-Serbia#tab=boxscore

His shot wasn't really falling, but he took 12 threes (and only made 3)!

He will not be the focus of the defense in the A10, and the 3 point line is closer.  Percentage should go way up if he is a good shooter.

Watched the first half. He was the best kid on the court for sure, though, I don't really know if that is saying much. At times, it looked like Simon Rec Intramurals. He had 15 within the first few minutes of the 2nd quarter. It seemed like he had every other touch. There were a few times when I was watching where he had to jack up a 3 before the shot clock ran out.

47 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

That and many were very contested with the shot clock running out. Serbia really was keyed in on him after the first quarter and the rest of Iceland’s team was probably NAIA quality with maybe one exception. 

thnx

16 minutes ago, BourbanStreet said:

Watched the first half. He was the best kid on the court for sure, though, I don't really know if that is saying much. At times, it looked like Simon Rec Intramurals. He had 15 within the first few minutes of the 2nd quarter. It seemed like he had every other touch. There were a few times when I was watching where he had to jack up a 3 before the shot clock ran out.

Serbs must of had 2nd-sixth best judging by score.

29 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

thor is number six and Iceland should stick to hockey......

The Iceland bigs remind me of Manning, Jolly & Gilmann. He's about the only bright spot on that team. If he comes with range, it will be worth it.

5 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

The Iceland bigs remind me of Manning, Jolly & Gilmann. He's about the only bright spot on that team. If comes with range, it will be worth it.

Thor sat out almost the Whole third quarter hit one three and missed one since.  Hard to take much away from this given the talent level......