Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

6 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I keep saying this as well. And the response here is typically, “they’d make an exception for Goodwin.”

personally, I’m not so sure. Title IX allegations are like cancer for a program these days. 

It’s an interesting debate.

I stand by my statement that if the punishment is reduced to something even decently digestible, Goodwin will stay.  He WANTS to stay and represent the city of St. Louis and its resurgence to top 25 status.

Goodwin is a champion of St. Louis and local ball.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do want to put in another good word for Goodwin.  His record appears to be 100% clean (this incident not withstanding).  He is a hard worker and appears to take instruction from his coaches well.  He is demonstrating an ability to handle adversity very well and to keep moving forward and to stay out of the fray.  To be honest, I do not know that I could do it.

A coach can also see these things for himself and will hear these things from all his other coaches.  This will make it easier for Goodwin to find a new home if he wants it.  I do not think there will be anyone (outside the Title IX office) that will say that Goodwin is anything but a stand-up individual and mature.  I think Goodwin would have to keep a lower profile after this incident and will certainly be cautious to steer clear of future endeavors of the group-sex variety.  If I was a coach, I would be comfortable taking Goodwin and trusting him to stay out-of-trouble.

So a little bird told me that as much as I hate it, he’s gone.... he’s just playing to pad his stats I guess. But that all of the incoming kiddos are better and they are all still on board and in frequent talks.

which makes me think Why would ford leave if he hasn’t gotten to see his best recruitment class yet come to fruition? Especially since we’re keeping a few good pieces and a very strong French.  I don’t believe other players being dismissed is grounds for them to be able to break their commitments. 

It sucks. It’s so hard being a billiken fan.... but as they have every other year of my life, they’ve got me hooked. We’re gonna be ok. ...( I’m still crossing my fingers that this is all righted promptly and correctly)

5 minutes ago, BilliKitty said:

So a little bird told me that as much as I hate it, he’s gone.... he’s just playing to pad his stats I guess. But that all of the incoming kiddos are better and they are all still on board and in frequent talks.

which makes me think Why would ford leave if he hasn’t gotten to see his best recruitment class yet come to fruition? Especially since we’re keeping a few good pieces and a very strong French.  I don’t believe other players being dismissed is grounds for them to be able to break their commitments. 

It sucks. It’s so hard being a billiken fan.... but as they have every other year of my life, they’ve got me hooked. We’re gonna be ok. ...( I’m still crossing my fingers that this is all righted promptly and correctly)

Didn’t you say like three days ago it was all a non-issue? Sounds legit 🙄

I certainly don’t post every rumor i hear but hey, to each their own

I have never said it was a non issue.  You can look that up. Because I have never even tried to understand the nonsense of their logic.  I did say what I had heard. As  this is where we post that. And I usually hope for the best.  

22 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

C'mon LB, all we have is scuttlebutt, rumors, hopes , dreams, moonshine, and fairy dust.  Kitty isn't a troll and I want all the info I can get right or wrong....... 

Thank you. I feel the same way. 

4 hours ago, 73Billiken said:

In today's environment what is the likelihood that a recipient of a Title IX suspension would transfer, then be accepted by a university and then be allowed to play ball?

We spoke to him. He's a good kid. Sorry about what happened. And man, can we help us on the court. Really regrets the situation. Used it to grow as a person. And man, can he dribble and shoot.

3 hours ago, William Iken said:

We spoke to him. He's a good kid. Sorry about what happened. And man, can we help us on the court. Really regrets the situation. Used it to grow as a person. And man, can he dribble and shoot.

How did you end up in Hong Kong?

5 hours ago, SLUGuy123 said:

I have a feeling that when this is over we are going to hear a lot from Ty Graves father.  

I'm betting he spills the beans on the entire situation. 

I can't wait.

8 hours ago, MattyMo213 said:

Who is we?

Sorry, that's clearly a "he".

Clearly I was going over the content of what the next coach of an incoming troubled kid will say. Always says. I forgot, "this is a country of second chances". That's always a good line to add.

3 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

Interesting statement in Gordon's article today stating we are trying to hold onto our recruits. I guess it is a reasonable assumption they all may be reconsidering at this point.

I just assume he’s referring to Gordon and made it plural for dramatic effect.