Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

1 minute ago, Billiken Rich said:

No offense intended but the SLU Dance team seemed to be completely new and very attractive at the last game.  All of those redshirt semester transfers are most welcome!

Maybe their interim suspensions were lifted. 

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, 2010andBeyond said:

Now that an initial decision has been delivered it will end no more than 10 business days from now. What that end is, who knows..

Well, each side has 3 days to appeal.  I imagine there will be an appeal.  So, at most 13 BUSINESS days.  I have a hard time it'll be settled earlier.  So, mark Wednesday, February 7 on your calendars as the date we should 'expect' to hear the results.

1 minute ago, philliken said:

Well, each side has 3 days to appeal.  I imagine there will be an appeal.  So, at most 13 BUSINESS days.  I have a hard time it'll be settled earlier.  So, mark Wednesday, February 7 on your calendars as the date we should 'expect' to hear the results.

At this point, Feb. 2 seems like the most apropos day for this to happen, as every day has been the same Sonny and Cher song in our little web version of Punxatawny, PA. 

4 minutes ago, philliken said:

Agree with this date. But to clarify, I'm just assuming...

44 minutes ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

lol you just keep admitting that you have no clue what you are talking about and like to make huge accusations of racism and sexism based on rumor.  Thanks though, ill make sure to put you on ignore.

I am not worked up at all... just stating that you guys should find out the facts before asking for national media to come down on SLU for racisim and sexisim and for firing specific people that you do not even know if they are involved in this

Here is the problem much is know about the situation - you can not keep something like this under wraps for this long without stuff leaking out.  I am not sure people are really saying that SLU is racist but that the optics make no sense - boys out and girl still cheering.  Because much is known by lots of people the frustration level rises and that is what is bad for Fred and the U.  The sooner a resolution is reached the better for all parties involved.  As far as lawsuits go - there will be some filed since anybody can sue anyone for anything but in this case the suit has a certain amount of legs for all sides.  SLU should just get this over ASAP and let the chips fall where they may.  As far as women letting themselves get into to dicey situations - well that happens all the time where the problem is when people think just because they are female then they must be protected regardless of what actually took place.  If the father is having a fit because his little girl was soiled then my guess is he has no idea that this was not his little girl's first rodeo - people don't go from A - Z that quickly without hitting some of the letters in between.

1 minute ago, cheeseman said:

Here is the problem much is know about the situation - you can not keep something like this under wraps for this long without stuff leaking out.  I am not sure people are really saying that SLU is racist but that the optics make no sense - boys out and girl still cheering.  Because much is known by lots of people the frustration level rises and that is what is bad for Fred and the U.  The sooner a resolution is reached the better for all parties involved.  As far as lawsuits go - there will be some filed since anybody can sue anyone for anything but in this case the suit has a certain amount of legs for all sides.  SLU should just get this over ASAP and let the chips fall where they may.  As far as women letting themselves get into to dicey situations - well that happens all the time where the problem is when people think just because they are female then they must be protected regardless of what actually took place.  If the father is having a fit because his little girl was soiled then my guess is he has no idea that this was not his little girl's first rodeo - people don't go from A - Z that quickly without hitting some of the letters in between.

Mic drop. 

5 minutes ago, slu72 fan said:

The real question is will they ever be playing in a Billiken uniform?

Between this and what I’m assuming is Welmer’s career threatening injury issue, I hope T Ford is still recruiting the ‘18 class hard.

3 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

cheese i am out of reactions for the day so have to tell you what a good post this is.   thanks

Just now, ARon said:

Between this and what I’m assuming is Welmer’s career threatening injury issue, I hope T Ford is still recruiting the ‘18 class hard.

He could also have pulled a Barry Hinson and watched some open gym practices for some warm bodies. 

friend of mine who is more a casual fan says he has heard on franks show there will be a press conference this afternoon.  who is throwing this press conference?   school?  Girls team of lawyers?  players team of lawyers?   

2 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

I don't expect much in the way of fireworks.  "We've reviewed and considered the final decision and our clients will exercise their rights under the University's Title IX guidelines. Beyond that, I can't comment any further....No comment...No comment...No comment...thank you for coming."

1 minute ago, moytoy12 said:

I don't expect much in the way of fireworks.  "We've reviewed and considered the final decision and will exercise our rights under the University's Title IX guidelines. Beyond that, I can't comment any further....No comment...No comment...No comment...thank you for coming."

I expect fireworks otherwise they would have just released a statement

Just now, brianstl said:

I expect fireworks otherwise they would have just released a statement

if i was the attorney's i would have had two responses ready for today.   let's see which one will be read.