Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He lists himself as 6'9,  Player video shows him hitting a lot of 3s in addition to playing inside.  Didn't see any stats.  His high school lists him as 225#.
Obviously we have someone exiting if he signs.  He looks like a guy who could devleop an inside game and a year hitting the weights, putting on some muscle would position him well to replace French. 

I did a 2020 refresh earlier this week, just a little too soon: Houston wrapped up his HS season this past week. His recruitment has been quiet down the stretch, even as he has played very well, but should come into focus in the next month. (2/25/20)

I would think we're still thinking big if and when a scholarship opens up in the near future.

His only official visit so far has been to Middle Tennessee, which he took back in October. He listed a top 10 before this season and that also included SLU and the others on his list except for UCF. He tweeted out shortly after his top 10 "I'm still wide open" so I expected more of a shake-up, honestly.

24 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

He lists himself as 6'9,  Player video shows him hitting a lot of 3s in addition to playing inside.  Didn't see any stats.  His high school lists him as 225#.
Obviously we have someone exiting if he signs.  He looks like a guy who could devleop an inside game and a year hitting the weights, putting on some muscle would position him well to replace French. 

His HS page on the Dallas Morning News unfortunately didn't have season stats, but you can see some individual game scoring totals here.

His Nike EYBL stats with Drive Nation are here.

HS stats show a bit of inconsistency with his scoring but I'd be curious to see his rebounding, percentages, blocks, etc. AAU stats show a more consistent scorer with a .522 FG%. He attempted some threes but didn't make any and he's a dreadful FT shooter.

1 hour ago, Littlebill said:

Agreed - we're far and away the best option, right?

We're way way better than Middle TN (Sun Belt) and definitely better than MO State (MVC).  UCF (American) and New Mexico (MWC) are is fairly similar in terms of conference strength and recent history of success.  Though NM's most recent success came 2 coaches ago under Steve Alford, so who knows if their current coach can build them back up to that level. 

As pointed out by Littlebill below UCF has some very recent success under Dawkins (w Tacko Fall leading the way), but their recent NCAA history doesn't really match SLU or NM.

Edited by RUBillsFan
UCF isn't quite on the level of SLU & NM
AGB91 likes this

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Hmmm.. Rivals 150! Weird list for a Top 150

Looks good in the video. Can hit some threes and score inside. Pretty springy, but not freaky like French. Not sure what kind of a rebounder he is, but this addition would make a lot of sense. This kid and the Swede can battle for a few minutes next year, as I think there is a need for a 3rd big, and then the following year both take on much bigger roles. Travis has had a lot of experience recruiting Texas. Get it done!

33 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

We're way way better than Middle TN (Sun Belt) and definitely better than MO State (MVC).  UCF (American) and New Mexico (MWC) are fairly similar in terms of conference strength and recent history of success.  Though NM's most recent success came 2 coaches ago under Steve Alford, so who knows if their current coach can build them back up to that level.

And UCF has been to one tournament in one tournament in the last 15 seasons, and five EVER

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

His HS page on the Dallas Morning News unfortunately didn't have season stats, but you can see some individual game scoring totals here.

His Nike EYBL stats with Drive Nation are here.

HS stats show a bit of inconsistency with his scoring but I'd be curious to see his rebounding, percentages, blocks, etc. AAU stats show a more consistent scorer with a .522 FG%. He attempted some threes but didn't make any and he's a dreadful FT shooter.

Your last phrase make him an excellent replacement for HF.

30 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

And UCF has been to one tournament in one tournament in the last 15 seasons, and five EVER

Indeed.  I've got recency / Tacko Fall bias going on in my head.  If I was going to rank the programs I'd go:

1/1A SLU/New Mexico

3 UCF

big gap

4 MO State

5 Middle Tenn (Kermit Davis has left the building)

16 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

You said SLU didn't have enough hot girls to recreate that gif. I said (not having enough hot girls) didn't stop them from making the first video/gif

Definitely understood it was from before SLU...just not a very good joke 

It would have been clearer if you'd said, "That didn't stop Oklahoma State," if I'm following you.