Jump to content

Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, willie said:

I have no inside information but I believe if the coaches felt he has potential they would have found some minutes for him.To me giving him no minutes is saying we don't want you. Hope I'm wrong and he is the next coming of Shaq . 

Why would then blow the medical red shirt year if his knee is still not completely healed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Long story short, I have finally been released after being held by the Creve Coeur PD for roughly 21 hours. I headed over to Chaminade yesterday afternoon under the guise of taking advantage of a free

Roughly speaking. He is anywhere from 6'4 to 6'6. As a Sophomore he was a very good catch and shoot 3 point shooting guard on a deeper high school and AAU team. Roughly 43%. Last season was arguably t

From what I have heard the suspension didn't come from a punch.  There had been other incidents before this last one and they had decided it was best to move on.  Yes,  Mario felt a little misled by w

Posted Images

Here's a good article about Woodrich's game, which also talks about the SLU offer. You have to like this quote from him: 

“It’s an honor and I am extremely humbled to receive a scholarship offer from St. Louis,” Woodrich said. “I like the program, I like what they have to offer. I definitely am interested in taking a visit.

“Right now, I’m just wide open. I’m looking to play out the season and give coach (Chris) Chaney and all my teammates the chance to get better all the time, as we emphasize. I will ultimately make a decision based on which school best fits me and will utilize me the best way.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Here's a good article about Woodrich's game, which also talks about the SLU offer. You have to like this quote from him: 

“It’s an honor and I am extremely humbled to receive a scholarship offer from St. Louis,” Woodrich said. “I like the program, I like what they have to offer. I definitely am interested in taking a visit.

“Right now, I’m just wide open. I’m looking to play out the season and give coach (Chris) Chaney and all my teammates the chance to get better all the time, as we emphasize. I will ultimately make a decision based on which school best fits me and will utilize me the best way.”

Just show this kid video of Yuri driving and dishing to GJ.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Here's a good article about Woodrich's game, which also talks about the SLU offer. You have to like this quote from him: 

“It’s an honor and I am extremely humbled to receive a scholarship offer from St. Louis,” Woodrich said. “I like the program, I like what they have to offer. I definitely am interested in taking a visit.

“Right now, I’m just wide open. I’m looking to play out the season and give coach (Chris) Chaney and all my teammates the chance to get better all the time, as we emphasize. I will ultimately make a decision based on which school best fits me and will utilize me the best way.”

I want this kid and his 6'9" teammate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moytoy12 said:

I want this kid and his 6'9" teammate. 

You have to love the site of blocked shots with the big and French and raining 3’s with Woodrich and Jimerson, sweet 16 or bust.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

2 kids sitting directly behind SLU bench today. Been trying to see if I can figure out who they are. Any chance they’re Woodrich and Ousmane?
 

Update: might be Yaya Keira and another guy I can’t tell who he is.

Are they into it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DeSmetBilliken said:

I guess...also, now I’m pretty certain it’s some collection of players from DeSmet.

Shouldn't you of all people know?!

I think one of them is Gassama - not sure about Keita. I can't get a great look at them on the broadcast. But Gassama has been to a bunch of games and seems to be closer to us than Keita.

It's definitely not Ousmane and/or Woodrich - they're playing in Virginia today and tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Shouldn't you of all people know?!

 

I haven’t been to a game in a few years, and I’m behind them.

 I know they’re from DeSmet because I saw someone affiliated with DeSmet walk up and talk to them for a few minutes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I haven’t been to a game in a few years, and I’m behind them.

 I know they’re from DeSmet because I saw someone affiliated with DeSmet walk up and talk to them for a few minutes.

I'm told Gassama and Ford's wife gave each other a hug and talked for a bit. She probably counts as DeSmet-affiliated since Brooks went there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn't both of the Desmet bigs  since only one of the players was tall.  Also, they came in separately and did not interact with each other.   I saw very little emotion from them when the Bills did something exciting, such as DJ and JP's dunks at their end of the floor..  The tall one, who kept a stocking hat on the whole game, did catch one of the errant passes we made into the crowd ,  I think from HF.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bauman said:

It wasn't both of the Desmet bigs  since only one of the players was tall.  Also, they came in separately and did not interact with each other.   I saw very little emotion from them when the Bills did something exciting, such as DJ and JP's dunks at their end of the floor..  The tall one, who kept a stocking hat on the whole game, did catch one of the errant passes we made into the crowd ,  I think from HF.

I can confirm with 100% certainty it was Sekou Gassama... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NextYearBill said:

I can confirm with 100% certainty it was Sekou Gassama... 

He has good hands get it done coach Ford

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

670240606_2020-02-17(2).thumb.png.a3721cd81a861245ab314c52bd027a0a.png

 

 

 

Sekou's numbers are slightly down from last year and Yaya's are about the same.  De Smet has some of the worst passing guards I've seen all year.  A good point guard would get them 6 points each on drive and dishes alone. 

They're very athletic projects to be sure.  A 6-9, 6'10 athletic project can do well in the A-10.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Sekou's numbers are slightly down from last year and Yaya's are about the same.  De Smet has some of the worst passing guards I've seen all year.  A good point guard would get them 6 points each on drive and dishes alone. 

They're very athletic projects to be sure.  A 6-9, 6'10 athletic project can do well in the A-10.

doesn't desmet have a good guard?

Link to post
Share on other sites

DeSmet has a good team (same level as the top 6-8 area teams this season) which is long, rebounds, defends, has catch and shoot players, scoring point guards, etc....but it is not one of their better teams when it comes to post entry passing, and ball handling under pressure.

They have one Senior that plays and he is not a guard. 

They have two scoring point guards that are a Soph and Junior. 

They have another Junior, Soph, Frosh that can help that a bit more next season in addition to the others.

They will have a very experienced team for the Senior seasons of Keita and Gassama. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...