WTG Women's Team

SluSignGuy

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just found out. she's hot. also balls out in tennis. look at those pipes. maybe i can finally let teresa lisch go. maybe.

Nice find Jimbo. Real solid forearm strength there. Somebody needs to find more pictures of that girl and I think the women's team would see a solid uptick in attendance.

Unrelated, I always thought women's sports did it wrong by actually trying to identify the best female athletes instead of factoring in that women are not good at most sports regardless and should instead focus on finding hot women who were marginal at the given sport. Most people would rather watch hot chicks play a sport poorly then unattractive women play a sport slightly less badly. If I ever become athletic director, you can consider this one my pillars.

First time I have ever looked into women's basketball rankings (as you can tell I have a really exciting life), here are where some of the top teams in the A-10 sit in the RPI:

Duquesne - #21

St. Bonaventure - #36

George Washington - #41

Saint Louis - #57

Dayton - #61

VCU - #81

Saint Joseph's - #105

SLU's final two regular season games are at Dayton on Wednesday and Rhode Island (#209 in RPI) at home on Saturday.

Nice find Jimbo. Real solid forearm strength there. Somebody needs to find more pictures of that girl and I think the women's team would see a solid uptick in attendance.

Unrelated, I always thought women's sports did it wrong by actually trying to identify the best female athletes instead of factoring in that women are not good at most sports regardless and should instead focus on finding hot women who were marginal at the given sport. Most people would rather watch hot chicks play a sport poorly then unattractive women play a sport slightly less badly. If I ever become athletic director, you can consider this one my pillars.

Could you possibly be any more chauvinist?

Says the homophobe. Pot calling the kettle black??

No. I'm not a homophobe. That implies I'm afraid of them. I'm not afraid; I think it's wrong. And as for "pot calling kettle black," I don't think women should be treated as objects because they were born female, but no one is born gay, but they choose to be so, therefore I don't have a double standard.

That's my last contribution to that controversial topic.

No. I'm not a homophobe. That implies I'm afraid of them. I'm not afraid; I think it's wrong. And as for "pot calling kettle black," I don't think women should be treated as objects because they were born female, but no one is born gay, but they choose to be so, therefore I don't think I have a double standard.

This is mind-blowing.

No. I'm not a homophobe. That implies I'm afraid of them. I'm not afraid; I think it's wrong. And as for "pot calling kettle black," I don't think women should be treated as objects because they were born female, but no one is born gay, but they choose to be so, therefore I don't have a double standard.

Are you claiming there is no such thing as a "gay gene?"

As I mentioned earlier beating Fordham (even on the road) did not really help the RPI. SLU actually lost a spot to 58 (although that likely had more to do with other teams than with SLU). Beating Dayton on the road will help but I am thinking SLU might lose a few spots beating Rhodey at home. I think it will be hard to move their RPI out of the 50's. That means SLU chances depend on profile factors for the most part and them winning a lot down the stretch will help (also if George Mason beats VCU that will help as George Mason is SLU's worst loss).

The ESPN bracketology is out for this week (from Charlie "Rinse" Creme) and it is a sloppy illogical mess. St. Bona has an RPI under 40, is 22-5 with no bad losses (and a recent win over GW) and is listed by "Rinse" in the first 4 out. IF that were true (it isn't) SLU would have no chance. BTW, Tennessee is 16-10 and could get a decent seed--scheduling matters.

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

Also, I think getting an at-large could be tough in women's basketball this year as there are about 6 good teams in otherwise one-bid leagues. These are the types of situations where they could easily lose in their tourneys and then lower the chances for at-larges with RPIs above 45.

From what I can tell, they need to win out and at least make the finals of the A-10 tourney with a win or two vs. top 50 opponents in the process. But if you're gonna get to the finals of the tourney, you might as well win it.

SLU up 55-52 late in this one.

Edit: And that's the final!

First win at UD Arena in 14 years. Very important win from an RPI standpoint - i.e. protecting their place. 22 wins on the season, building on an all-time record. 10 road wins is an all-time record, as are the 12 conference wins.

Really impressive.

St. Louis only moved up 3 RPI spots with a win over Dayton on the road (they are 55th) They will get no boost (possible small decline) if they beat Rhodey at home. They have moved up to a 3 seed in the A10 but that hurts their RPI as they cannot play an above .500 team in the quarterfinals if they finish 3rd. Their RPI will improve with a win in the semis and while the RPI will still likely be in high 40's they will have a decent shot at an at-large if they have another top 50 win in the semis). Anyway, their record and play down the stretch will help their profile; lack of quality wins and generally weak schedule will not. St. Bona and GW are also going to be on the bubble in the A-10 so it will be a fierce tourney championship in Richmond.