WTG Women's Team

SluSignGuy

-Coach Stone mentioned on one of the coaches shows that she would like to improve the ooc schedule for next season

-doesn't seem like it would take much given where this season's was, but it takes two to tango and we have no name in wball so that would point to going on the road

When we were bad Missouri played us often. She should look there - both teams are good now but of course when we were a doormat they were willing to play us but now we are good maybe not?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When we were bad Missouri played us often. She should look there - both teams are good now but of course when we were a doormat they were willing to play us but now we are good maybe not?

If we don't make the NCAA tournament, which appears likely, hoping for a SLU Mizzou NIT game at Chaifetz. Played them last few years, but not this year.

-I watched the women's game last night, they are fun to watch but violate what appears to be a staple of the other locker room in that there are players moving on offense, sometimes 4 with a screener, can't believe they get away with that

-or all 5 running on a break lead by a pg, imagine that, a pg on a college bball roster, who'd a thunk it?

-they'll play post season somewhere but it would be great for these kids to win the A10 tourney and get to the dance

-let's keep that coach

-good luck ladies!

-I watched the women's game last night, they are fun to watch but violate what appears to be a staple of the other locker room in that there are players moving on offense, sometimes 4 with a screener, can't believe they get away with that

-or all 5 running on a break lead by a pg, imagine that, a pg on a college bball roster, who'd a thunk it?

-they'll play post season somewhere but it would be great for these kids to win the A10 tourney and get to the dance

-let's keep that coach

-good luck ladies!

Funny - I saw the same thing - I was dumbfounded that such things could happen given that we have been lead to believe on the men's side that it is way too advanced to have men do it. What joke Crews is.

Thursday is key against 1st Place Duquesne (RPI 21 and 22-2, 10-1) - pick up the win and it will tremendously help the RPI which was at 75 prior to the Davidson game and win out (@Fordham 12-13, 6-4 RPI 163), (@ Dayton 13-10, 5-6, RPI 51 - also beat at home 70-56 earlier in the year), (Rhode Island 11-13, 4-7 RPI 191) and I think at large is possible. There current strength of schedule hurts them being at 178.

Good stuff, thanks for sharing. What a huge opportunity they have on Thursday.

-Coach Stone mentioned on one of the coaches shows that she would like to improve the ooc schedule for next season

-doesn't seem like it would take much given where this season's was, but it takes two to tango and we have no name in wball so that would point to going on the road

It would be nice to schedule a home and home with the #1 women's bb program, UCONN. We have one thing going for us in trying to do that. If the UCONN HC is like many others, he might want to have a game in STL where he just recruited one of the top players in the country, N. Collier from IWA. By doing that she gets to play in front of her home fans and family.

I know we would lose but it would be a good measuring stick of our progress.

It would be nice to schedule a home and home with the #1 women's bb program, UCONN. We have one thing going for us in trying to do that. If the UCONN HC is like many others, he might want to have a game in STL where he just recruited one of the top players in the country, N. Collier from IWA. By doing that she gets to play in front of her home fans and family.

-I'd buy a reasonably priced ticket for that game, if it happens

You will most likely see this in two years. I agree.

They beat a really good team who only had one previous loss in the league. Congrats on win #20 and congrats to Sadie for joining the 1000 point club.

Had to laugh. After some "interesting" calls and non-calls in the 4th quarter, I heard a gentleman loudly chewing out the refs. I know I heard the phrase "a bunch of clowns" among other things. I look over across the aisle, it's our AD, Chris May.

Those refs tonight were indeed a bunch of clowns. One of the most pathetic displays of reffing I've ever seen. I counted at least 6 missed traveling calls and lost count of the no calls in the opposition's paint.

Oh I agree, they were awful. I don't know if they could do high school games and not screw up.

With the win, SLU moved from 72 to 61 in the RPI; Duquesne moved from 21 to 22.

The A10 is solid; GW is 29, Bonaventure is 33, and Dayton is right above SLU at 60. VCU has a good record (18-8, 7-6 in A10) but RPI of 96.

Road games at Fordham and Dayton (that's a big one) are next, and they wrap up the regular season with Rhody at home.

They're 10-3 in conference and VCU is next at 7-6, so they're all but assured at least the 4-seed in the A10 Tournament, which means they'll have the first two days of the tournament off and start on March 4th. I know that's a mixed blessing for bubble teams - fewer chances for wins, but fewer chances for losses - so it makes the next three games all the more important.

EDIT: The RPI site I used had messed up conference records. Those have been fixed.

Yes, it was sad. Playing a ranked team and hardly anyone there. I was the third person through the door at 6PM when they opened. Great game, too bad some of these girls can't give lessons to the men.

Could Jackie Kemph finish her career as the best player ever for the ladies. As a Soph ... 16.1ppg 45% from the field, 35% from 3, 7.2 apg against 3.1 t/o's. and 3 boards a game to boot. I don't know the rest of the A10 but is there a better pg?

Just looked it up. She is 3rd in the conference in scoring, 13th in fg% (I'd bet most above her are bigs), 12th in 3pt%, and 1st in assists.

Now I'm not just wondering if she's the best pg, I'm wondering if she's the best player. She is going to be fun to watch over the next 2 years

SLU's RPI is now up to 57th in the official listing. They still have a very outside shot at getting an at-large with winning out (beating Dayton on the road will move them up but there won't be much movement winning the other two) and they winning two in A-10. It is interesting that last week ESPN's women's bracketologist had GW and Duquesne in and not St. Bona--now St. Bona is on the rise and GW is deep bubble after St. Bona and VCU losses. SLU winning out and a strong showing from the other teams could get 4 A-10 teams in but it is also possible to get 2. SLU has wrapped up NIT with win already.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1/ncaa-womens-basketball-rpi