WTG Women's Team

SluSignGuy

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When do they announce the women's brackets?

Yeah, like kwyjibo says, it's nuts that they announce the brackets after the men do. Most teams will be off for 2+ weeks. The women's selection show is on ESPN on Monday, March 14 at 7:00 Eastern.

ESPN bracketologist actually moved SLU up to 3rd on the bubble (out) and their RPI stayed at 54. That may be a fair representation as I would say they have a small case for being selected right now (good record with no bad losses but obviously the weak schedule is a minus). I would not think their chances are that great though (5%ish). ESPN has Auburn in with a worse record (19-12) and RPI but with three profile wins.

I would like to correct myself--because the A-10, Big 10, ACC, and SEC were having conference championships this past weekend I thought the smaller conferences were the same. But that is wrong as the women's championships are a reverse of the men in that smaller conferences go last. Only 6 conferences crowned champions this weekend so there are a few chances for upset conference champions to take away at-large bids (although not that many).

The NIT selection will be announced a few hours after the NCAA selection show on next Monday night.