WTG Women's Team

SluSignGuy

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I hear (from Gus) that the tickets from tonight's Spodders game would get me into the women's game on Monday? There ought to be some compensation for buying Men's season tickets.

-if he said it what are the chances it was correct?

Since he did not say correction, it must be correct according to Gus?

="

"

Playing a good St. Bona on the road actually helped the RPI a bit (now 78) but it does mean that an at-large NCAA is unlikely (they could run the table and then lose in the A-10 final to get a good look from the committee). Winning the A-10 tourney is always a possibility but staying in 4th in the conference is a realistic goal and would give them an automatic NIT bid (with good seed). I will watch the game next week (on DVR not live).

Playing a good St. Bona on the road actually helped the RPI a bit (now 78) but it does mean that an at-large NCAA is unlikely (they could run the table and then lose in the A-10 final to get a good look from the committee). Winning the A-10 tourney is always a possibility but staying in 4th in the conference is a realistic goal and would give them an automatic NIT bid (with good seed). I will watch the game next week (on DVR not live).

We we all take this kind of progress for the men's team so good for the Stone and women!

School Record 19 season wins. First time I have seen them play - they are well coached and they play as a unit.

Great to hear. Sounds like they'll absolutely blow that old win record away with four more regular season games, the A10 Tournament, and the postseason remaining.

Any chance of an at-large bid if they finish strong? I know it looks out of reach at this point - they've got a few puzzling losses - but would it be possible for them to get in without winning the A10 Tournament?

Another WNIT bid is a no-brainer. But it'd be nice to see them in the Tournament this year.

Great to hear. Sounds like they'll absolutely blow that old win record away with four more regular season games, the A10 Tournament, and the postseason remaining.

Any chance of an at-large bid if they finish strong? I know it looks out of reach at this point - they've got a few puzzling losses - but would it be possible for them to get in without winning the A10 Tournament?

Another WNIT bid is a no-brainer. But it'd be nice to see them in the Tournament this year.

Thursday is key against 1st Place Duquesne (RPI 21 and 22-2, 10-1) - pick up the win and it will tremendously help the RPI which was at 75 prior to the Davidson game and win out (@Fordham 12-13, 6-4 RPI 163), (@ Dayton 13-10, 5-6, RPI 51 - also beat at home 70-56 earlier in the year), (Rhode Island 11-13, 4-7 RPI 191) and I think at large is possible. There current strength of schedule hurts them being at 178.

-Coach Stone mentioned on one of the coaches shows that she would like to improve the ooc schedule for next season

-doesn't seem like it would take much given where this season's was, but it takes two to tango and we have no name in wball so that would point to going on the road