Coaching Candidates

JMM28

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skiles is kind of the new Mike Fratello. His coaching style makes almost any team competitive immediately but his system can only go so far. He isn't a championship winning coach. His personality is really grating and over time he loses players with his demeanor.

This may translate better to the college level but lets not try this experiment at SLU.

Like I said earlier... we're hearing more from MBMs on the topic than actual insiders.

Hey, I heard from a friend of a friend who knows a guy who knows a gal who knows a guy who has a friend who heard that Phil Jackson is VERY interested. In fact, he reached out to SLU.

Did Pitino get fired from the NBA team he was with.

Either fired or resigned. Same with Calipari.

Retreads.

For the record, I'm not suggesting we should hire Skiles or some other random NBA guy. I've just seen people here brand any coach who has been fired or on the hot seat at any time in their career as a "retread" and discount them as an option. I just wanted to see if an NBA coach who had been fired qualifies as a "retread".

Retreads.

For the record, I'm not suggesting we should hire Skiles or some other random NBA guy. I've just seen people here brand any coach who has been fired or on the hot seat at any time in their career as a "retread" and discount them as an option. I just wanted to see if an NBA coach who had been fired qualifies as a "retread".

A few weeks before I was finally on Crews Control (because it seemed obvious there was going to be no other choice), I was pushing for Tubby Smith in late March 2013 after Minnesota fired him. Some regarded him at the time as a "retread." I'm sure Tech is glad they hired him. That is one of the least attractive BCS jobs, but Tubby got that program in the Dance in just three years after they were really in the dumps.

Not much movement on the coaching market now, looks like Weber is safe and since they just made the Dance I would be surprised if Stallings got canned, unless a lot of animosity has built up between him and the administration.

Retreads.

So since I quoted you, and you quoted me those would be retread posts. We can only assume we are therefore retread MBM....?

A few weeks before I was finally on Crews Control (because it seemed obvious there was going to be no other choice), I was pushing for Tubby Smith in late March 2013 after Minnesota fired him. Some regarded him at the time as a "retread." I'm sure Tech is glad they hired him. That is one of the least attractive BCS jobs, but Tubby got that program in the Dance in just three years after they were really in the dumps.

Not much movement on the coaching market now, looks like Weber is safe and since they just made the Dance I would be surprised if Stallings got canned, unless a lot of animosity has built up between him and the administration.

Is that Randy O-something kid still there? We recruited him pretty hard if I'm not mistaken.

Cuonzo Martin being investigated by Cal. He didn't do anything wrong. I hope we are on the phone with him as of 4 pm tomorrow. Close out the deal by 5 pm. Amazing recruiter, great coach. Would be a home run hire.

Cuonzo is probably toxic for most programs right now. It doesn't matter if he did anything wrong or not. He has been accused of not taking sexual harassment seriously right away and that is all that matters on many campuses.

Cuonzo is probably toxic for most programs right now. It doesn't matter if he did anything wrong or not. He has been accused of not taking sexual harassment seriously right away and that is all that matters on many campuses.

Yes, but SLU being a Jesuit institution we're all about redemption and forgiveness... and getting back to the dance. He'd be a big get. Of course with all the sexism talk being tossed about these days, it probably won't happen.

I am pretty confident that Stallings is the guy. Felt that way since Wolken first tweeted about it. Wolken is pretty plugged into Vandy athletics. By chance Wolken is in town for the games this weekend, so you may want to monitor his twitter.